• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

Having a shit month. I needed that laugh, thanks!

Guess I'm getting this. There's a huge amount of essential-looking DLC though, very sneaky EA. (yes, the dog DLC looks essential). I'm assuming you don't need to restart a game whenever you get a DLC, they just add stuff to an existing playthrough? Can you switch jobs endlessly for example?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great month for me...
Never finished Bioshock (can't remember why) or played 2 at all .
Also never played a Sims game before.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Wow really great month for me.
Been waiting to grab Bioschock ( to replay the first and finally finish the second ) for a long time.
Sims 4 got my curiosity because of ERA´s thread "Lose my gaming credentials" or whatever.
And was going to buy Firewall this year !

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about buying Bioshock collection for a long time. It's a pretty good game to come to plus. Players who haven't got a chance to play these gems now can and those who played them a long time ago but didn't double dip can replay the series.
Firewall is also a great pick.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been great if I didn't already have The Bioshock Collection. But among them are some of the best games ever made, so for those who've never played them or have not played the Remasters, enjoy!

Don't have Firewall Zero or Sims 4, but not particularly interested in them either, so not a great month for me. That said, I might give Firewall Zero Hour a go since reviews seem pretty solid and I haven't played anything VR for a little while.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Did they increase monthly games up from 2 at some point?
Bioshock collection is nice for those who don't already have it! (I own it lol)

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Having a shit month. I needed that laugh, thanks!

Guess I'm getting this. There's a huge amount of essential-looking DLC though, very sneaky EA. (yes, the dog DLC looks essential). I'm assuming you don't need to restart a game whenever you get a DLC, they just add stuff to an existing playthrough? Can you switch jobs endlessly for example?

The DLC is seamless. You can pick and choose packs as you like, and you can ignore most of them if you don't care about vampires or wizards or bowling.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Good value overall since its technically 5 games but not the best month. Hopefully VR games added do become more of a norm as an extra 3rd game.

Oct 28, 2017
I won't have time to play either of them but that's a good month. Been wanting to go back to Infinite, interesting game.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Woah. I have—somehow—never played a Bioshock game. And Sims is always a fun distraction now and then. And a PSVR game?!?! What a great month for me!

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I haven't played Sims in about 10 years. It's time to go back.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Sims 3 is better, but it runs like crap.

Sims 4 is more streamlined, like Skyrim vs Morrowind, but it can run on a potato.

Sims 3 costs $7000 for every pack (lol) and Sims 4 costs $500 for every pack. But EA has sales on PS4 every other week.

Well, The Sims 3 is already handicapped by being a Cider release, but I was hopeful the 64-bit + Metal release would finally be a native application.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Yet another zero-value month. Kind of crazy that the last year of the PS4's lifespan has some of the weakest PS+ offerings. Two months in a row of ports of PS3 games everyone's already played.
Everyone played them, except for the people posting in here saying they haven't!

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Hey I'd like that bioshock collection and sims 4 sure. Great month. I have no VR but firewall is nice to have

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Sims in canny. Played it on Access and had fun building a house. Of course there's plenty of expansions but the base game is still worth playing.

Not played Bioshock in ages. Dunno if I'll bother with them again but will add to my collection.

Overall a good month with the bonus VR game.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have Bioshock Collection and never played it. I own the Sims and I personally hated it. But good month!

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Already played all the Bioshock games, no interest in The Sims and I don't have the VR stuff.

Maybe I'll replay Bioshock 2 for the DLC, so it's not a completely terrible month for me.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Woo Hoo I've always wanted to play Sims 4. Its been years since my last one.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
replayed bioshock as not a dumb 16 year old and it went from a game that I didn't jive with to one of my favorites played last year
Yeah you have to be way smarter and more mature than a 16 year old to really understand the nearly unfathomable depth and innumerable intricacies of BioShock. Not even mentioning the grueling moral choices the game lobs at you.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh jolly good, I had a hankering to play Bioshock recently and the PS Now version was gash so I was just about to buy it second hand. Don't need to now.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Alright month. I have all the Bioshocks on my 360, but its nice to have access to them on my PS4. Firewall doesn't look like my kind of game, and The Sims might be fun as a distraction.

These games are no Goat Simulator however.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, was meaning to buy Bioshock the Collection, played them on PS3, awesome month for me :)
Don't mind the Sims , will try it for sure.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah you have to be way smarter and more mature than a 16 year old to really understand the nearly unfathomable depth and innumerable intricacies of BioShock. Not even mentioning the grueling moral choices the game lobs at you.

tbh I think the main difference is when I was a teenager I didn't know who the hell Ayn Rand was.

Probably for the best looking back at it.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Already have (and beaten) Bioshock Collection, but I guess I will give The Sims a try. Sims have never interested me.

Also: Bioshock 2 is not as good as this place makes you belive.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good month that does nothing for me, both The Sims and Bioshock are in my wheelhouse, so I have already owned them both for years.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
The Bioshock collection will ruin my gaming schedule for this month at least. Played all 3 but all on old gen consoles. Can't wait to experience them again this time at 1080p/60 on my PS4.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Meh, already own the Bioshocks on account of the free upgrade on Steam. Plus I have no interest in The Sims 4 (and that's probably a good thing, seeing the amount of seemingly inane DLC it has). VR game might be good, no idea, but I don't have a PSVR. Weak month, even if I didn't already own one of them.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
This is actually a near perfect month for me. I've waffled on the Bioshock collection for about a year since I'd only played the first and my wife used to love playing the Sims. Guess Sony wants my money for a change.