• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Good morning, Era!

I was talking to some people on Discord when they shared this in an RE server. Imagine a world where there are no rumors about an RE4 remake in the works. No idea whatsoever. Then someone points out this image from the live-action chess shenanigans at the start of the show:

FB_IMG_1631438583693.jpg

The internet would be having a field day with it, I think. At this point, I feel that it's fair to say this is the first official, tacit confirmation of the project's existence that hasn't come from some kind of leak or report. Kind of a wild way to reveal it, actually.

Though it does point to Sony having marketing exclusivity on the game, much like they've had since 2017 with RE7, then REmake 2 and REmake 3. RE Village also had plenty of Sony exclusive dressings, with early demo access, an exclusive demo altogether, etc.

Thoughts? Hype? Concerns?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't use the words official or confirmation here. It's just a random easter egg, even if it refers to the remake.

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
Logos in Sony trailers are the equivalent of Phill's shelf and T-Shirts.

That being said, RE4 for PSVR2 is not that far fetched after RE4 Oculus.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
TBF if they wanted to acknowledge RE, wouldn't they have done it with an umbrella logo rather than an insignia exclusive to RE4?

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
OP do you remember that Playstation Ad from 2013?

youtube.com/watch?v=BrH0K0nLrB8

we had references and easter eggs there to games like Final Fantasy 7, Crash Bandicoot or Street Fighter and coincidently all of those turned out to become Ps4 Games in the span of the generation.

So while official confirmation is not the right word, i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if these easter eggs (Sly Cooper especially) are a hint toward upcoming games.

ff7.png

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Think that's a good spot and most-likely on the money. We know that it's coming so PlayStation tipping ahead to it via a live-action easter egg makes sense.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean every reference in that trailer has had a rumored game coming. Its not a coincidence people.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I replayed the game recently on switch and it still holds up incredibly well. Just update the controls and the graphics in the new engine and the game is golden.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
OP do you remember that Playstation Ad from 2013?

youtube.com/watch?v=BrH0K0nLrB8

we had references and easter eggs there to games like Final Fantasy 7, Crash Bandicoot or Street Fighter and coincidently all of those turned out to become Ps4 Games in the span of the generation.

So while official confirmation is not the right word, i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if these easter eggs (Sly Cooper especially) are a hint toward upcoming games.

ff7.png

We know RE4 Remake is coming because of the leaks from Capcom's plans, but yeah this helps a lot too.

People making fun of the OP should be looking for more stuff actually.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I hope OP didn't play Astro on PS5. Lots of confirmations there lol

Seriously though, I have no doubt at the very least RE4 VR is heading to PSVR eventually