Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://twitter.com/RetroGameCorps/status/1612140145129689094?s=20&t=GwNLz8EAsJkfT_5U0turAQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiq-ttpU6bU&feature=youtu.be

Text Guide:
guide.psp2.dev

enabling homebrews | guide

with this guide you will install the taiHEN framework along with a homebrew toolbox

-----------

Thought this was pretty cool and well worth sharing as it'll allow many here who might've found the prior methods too complicated to perhaps try this out now.
It works on the latest firmware and makes the entire process of enabling the SD2Vita adapter far easier than it was in the past (SD2Vita allows you to use a microSD card for Vita storage). It's a rather nice surprise for vita fans in 2023. Hopefully, the age of the device is enough that Sony doesn't care about trying to patch this exploit (As it can be done on the latest firmware).

Some things you can do with a Jailbroken Vita

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar1_BJIjQsQ

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
User Warned: Platform Warring
a jailbroken vita is a better console than the switch

do it

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Some fucking awesome and completely legal things you can do with a jailbroken vita:
- Use SD2Vita for a shitload of storage
- Keep games from different regions in the same storage and play them with the same user account
- Play all your PS Classics, regardless of region and regardless of whether or not they had official PS Vita compatibility
- Emulation!

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this relies on the exploit TheFloW publicized a couple of weeks back after hinting at it for ages ?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is rad. I saw that people managed to get the old mobile Dead Space and Mass Effect: Infiltrator running on VIta. I almost want to get one again just to try those out on it.

EDIT: lol, I see that was mentioned in the video in the OP

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
Oh nice, I've had a second 1000 series vita sitting around. Can try this method out on that.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I need to buy an SD2Vita urgently, I jailbreaked mine ages ago but I didn't do much with it, specially since I already had Persona 3 and 4 on it, but if I do that I could get the fan translation of the Persona 2 PSP port, right?

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
SD2Vita is so fucking good. Having twice the usual space for half the price. Love that small console. Still the most comfortable handheld I ever played with

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As others have said, a jailbroken Vita with SD2Vita is a fantastic device. I have a 256gb SD card with basically every game I bought and every single Vita game given away through PS Plus, and som PS1/PSP games.

As a bonus, if you get yourself a PSTV you can jailbreak that and then go between the Vita and PSTV like a switch.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Great to see modding a Vita getting even easier. Really need to pick up a new one at some point since my 1000's GPU looks to be dying.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I have 2 PSVita's, but I wanted to jailbreak mine. There was alot of Vita games that wish was available on Switch, plus the storage issue too. Will definitely crack my Vita soon now

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
You telling me i could've not bought some random ass Japanese game to trigger an exploit to jailbreak my launch vita 7 years ago and just waited for this

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Some fucking awesome and completely legal things you can do with a jailbroken vita:
- Keep games from different regions in the same storage and play them with the same user account
- Play all your PS Classics, regardless of region and regardless of whether or not they had official PS Vita compatibility
Oh damn, as someone who bought a ton of PS1 games off the Japanese PSN, this is super tempting. Is it as simple as signing in & downloading after jailbreaking it?

Powerwing

Nov 30, 2017
I remember the discussions long time ago about how vita was "unhackable". To be fair it stayed a long time without a hack.

wololo.net

Vita Hacking History - Wololo.net

Today, the PSVita is one of the most hacked consoles in history with groundbreaking hacking content that makes it on par with the PS3, Wii, and even the PSP to some extent. But in...

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
If I hack my vita TV, would I be able to play any Vita game on it?
Yeah you can. Once you've modded it you'll need to install this plugin to let every game boot up and you can install this one to get gyro working if it's required for any game (it's not exactly great feeling though). Not sure if there's anything that can be done for the Vita's camera, but iirc I don't think it's required for many games at all.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know SD2Vita now was able to use the game cart slot, I remember at first you had to solder a bit to add a slot yourself? This is a total game changer, I have a 128GB sd somewhere, gonna buy the adapter.

heehofiend

May 13, 2018
Wanted a Vita for a while and finally got a PSTV over the Summer of last year. Love the device. Once I pick up the rest of the physical Vita games I wanted, I will hack my system.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
It's a shame that PSVSD is less known, because swapping out the 3G modem on one of those units for internal microSD storage is great.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Am I reading that guide correctly? An official memory card is no longer required to hack 1xxx series Vitas? That's great news.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know SD2Vita now was able to use the game cart slot, I remember at first you had to solder a bit to add a slot yourself? This is a total game changer, I have a 128GB sd somewhere, gonna buy the adapter.
Yeah, I just saw this as well. Wasn't expecting to see a super cheap adapter instead.

Mar 3, 2018
Been tempted to get a vita oled for emulation of some games. I have been using a steam deck for it, but the Vita oled screen is so pretty.

How is the performance of the Vita when it comes to emulation? Guess I should look up some vids.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh when I hacked my Vita many years ago I was rather disappointed. Was hoping the Vita would make for a nice emulation machine but it even struggled with more demanding SNES games. Don't know if there are better emulators these days (back then mostly everything seems to have been developed for PSP).

Oh damn, as someone who bought a ton of PS1 games off the Japanese PSN, this is super tempting. Is it as simple as signing in & downloading after jailbreaking it?

Sony knows if you connect a hacked Vita to the internet (I think people who requested user data from Sony discovered that you don't even need to access PSN for that - as soon as you put the system online it's going to send your play history to Sony), so it depends on how comfortable you are with that.

Even then, you can only connect one account to the Vita though. Don't know if there's a homebrew way to add multiple accounts or to remove the account encryption from games.

It's a shame that PSVSD is less known, because swapping out the 3G modem on one of those units for internal microSD storage is great.
I think it's less a matter of people not knowing about it than most people just not owning a 3G model.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Really need to mod my Vita, I've got a 64gb card in it and it's not been used for a while. Got a SD2Vita card already as well. Only modded my PSTV, and that was only so I can play the games I've already purchased that are blacklisted for some mad reason.

Keep getting an error when accessing the store on it nowadays though, need to look into it.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna give this a try, the store already closed and Plus Premium/Deluxe failed to deliver, so no reason to hold back

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB
Can a jailbroken vita still access online and sync with psn profiles for trophies and whatnot for things on the system pre-jailbreak?

Still a few vita games I would like to get trophies for but worried if I do this it would interfere (silly reason I know).

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Can a jailbroken vita still access online and sync with psn profiles for trophies and whatnot for things on the system pre-jailbreak?

Still a few vita games I would like to get trophies for but worried if I do this it would interfere (silly reason I know).

I've been using my hacked Vita online since 2018~ with no issues whatsoever.

Dec 23, 2017

This part is awesome right here. I bought all the PSP Armored Core games off the Vita store and transferred them to PC to play on PPSSPP emulator. Being able to play them at higher fidelity and the ability to remap the controls are game changers.

I need to transfer more games, like Jeane D'Arc, Hexyz Force, Duodecim 012, Wild Arms XF, etc. PPSSPP can detect PSP eboot files.

Last edited: