• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's the consumers' fault Sony picks awful choices once every six months to maybe release if they feel like it, maybe.
They have plenty of good games on. I do think Sony should be doing this anyway, to foster the kind of brand loyalty Nintendo has. But looking at why the games don't sell...that's on the consumers. The game's are constantly on sale. It's not like there aren't enough opportunities for us to dip in.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How are the Jak & Daxter games on the PS4? When LRG released the first Jak physically a month ago or so, I remember someone saying that was the only good one emulation-wise. Are the others bad and one shouldn't bother with them on the PS4?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How are the Jak & Daxter games on the PS4? When LRG released the first Jak physically a month ago or so, I remember someone saying that was the only good one emulation-wise. Are the others bad and one shouldn't bother with them on the PS4?

All 4 games aren't great, but according to ND, a patch for the collection should be coming in the next few weeks. They've said that they've not been able to fix all the frame rate issues due to limitations of the emulator, but hopefully it'll put them in a better state than they are now.
Jak 1 is fine except a couple of random drops here and there which I don't remember on PS2, and the final boss tanks the frame rate. Jak II is fine performance wise, it just has a lot of little bugs with audio and visual. It's probably the best playing game in the collection, do it'll probably get the most out of this patch. Jak 3 is the worst by far, as it suffers from a bad frame rate, and it was giving me a headache playing it (I've put hundreds of hours into this on other platforms, so it's specifically this version). X is like the original, where it's mostly fine, except for random frame rate drops.

I wouldn't pay full price for them digitally, but they'd be worth picking up on sale/getting the physical releases.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Today I found out that Legaia 2 was supposed to be a PS2 Classic even getting a Rating classification a few years back? Huh. Yet nothing happened since then. Kind of disappointed.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Today I found out that Legaia 2 was supposed to be a PS2 Classic even getting a Rating classification a few years back? Huh. Yet nothing happened since then. Kind of disappointed.

Yes, biggest disappointment of all for me. I'm a huge fan like mentioned above somewhere and when I read that the USK tested it 2 years ago I was pumped for it and couldn't wait to finally play it again, and then it never came.

Which is crazy cause USK plays through the games to give them a rating, so it exist, it's a real finished thing, they just never released it.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same with GTA Vice City Stories.

My guess is that actually the emulator wasn't up to scratch and so it proved too expensive for little return. Hopefully a more powerful PS5 will solve that problem... but I have no idea if that makes technical sense.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I always get my hopes up seeing this thread bumped but overall the PS2 games on PS4 have been bitterly disappointing

Have they given up on it?

(Also 5000th post!)

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
All 4 games aren't great, but according to ND, a patch for the collection should be coming in the next few weeks. They've said that they've not been able to fix all the frame rate issues due to limitations of the emulator, but hopefully it'll put them in a better state than they are now.
Jak 1 is fine except a couple of random drops here and there which I don't remember on PS2, and the final boss tanks the frame rate. Jak II is fine performance wise, it just has a lot of little bugs with audio and visual. It's probably the best playing game in the collection, do it'll probably get the most out of this patch. Jak 3 is the worst by far, as it suffers from a bad frame rate, and it was giving me a headache playing it (I've put hundreds of hours into this on other platforms, so it's specifically this version). X is like the original, where it's mostly fine, except for random frame rate drops.

I wouldn't pay full price for them digitally, but they'd be worth picking up on sale/getting the physical releases.

Source?

TotalMackerel

Oct 26, 2017

But there's no way to invert the camera, correct?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
But there's no way to invert the camera, correct?

I'd love them to patch that for Jak 1 and II, but I doubt it'll happen, considering it was obviously a conscious change.

3 always had the option at least, so that's something. I can't remember if they left the default as inverted X axis like it should be, with uninverted being the toggle, or if they bizzarely swapped that around so it defaulted at normal X axis.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does Red Faction 2 force wide-screen?
All the videos I've seen on it are stretched, and I'm sure the PS2 version didn't have an option to stretch the screen.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Does Red Faction 2 force wide-screen?
All the videos I've seen on it are stretched, and I'm sure the PS2 version didn't have an option to stretch the screen.
I just checked it out and it seems as though you are right. I couldn't find anything in the menus to change the aspect ratio. Apparently it's the same on PC but there is a fix for it.

Reading up on the few reviews there are for this game, not one mentions the aspect ratio though. Seems kind of weird. Anyway, it's not a bad game, don't know if I'd pay full price though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just checked it out and it seems as though you are right. I couldn't find anything in the menus to change the aspect ratio. Apparently it's the same on PC but there is a fix for it.

Reading up on the few reviews there are for this game, not one mentions the aspect ratio though. Seems kind of weird. Anyway, it's not a bad game, don't know if I'd pay full price though.

It's on sale for like £2 lol, but I hate forced widescreen on old games. I just checked a comparison vid of all the versions, and the Xbox One BC version is 4:3, so I'll probably pick it up on there instead some time.