• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy the stability performance.

EDIT: It weighs in at about 360MB and is likely preparing the system for the larger 5.50 beta coming soon.

'This system software update improves system performance'

Forget stability. Forget quality. We performance now.

Last edited:

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
giphy.gif

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
'This system software update improves system performance'

Forget stability. Forget quality. We performance now.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Still gotta wait 10 minutes for this lecture to end 'til I get to upgrade my PS4's performance.

deoee

Oct 25, 2017
https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FMQ3tpOu.gif&hash=ec1cdc3ee5984f7d62a2daa551bcbefe

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I entered the thread expecting a stability meme party. I'm not disappointed fam

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the Sony big wig say that we would be able to stop asking about name changes this year? Crossing my fingers that it finally happens. (in 5.50 i mean)

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just wondering if it will fix the issue with my ps4 taking almost five minutes to boot up.

Oct 27, 2017
Can I get this, but it makes my PS4 now eject discs on its own?

Also the fan. I need a post it note to make that quieter. Thanks!

Got you fam!

Tighten the manual-eject screw
Your PlayStation 4 has a special way of ejecting discs if, for some reason, the button doesn't work or the hardware won't power up. This comes in the form of the manual-eject screw. But this screw can sometimes come loose, which the PS4 will interpret as a technician trying to get the disc out of the system.

To do this, first you need to remove the glossy panel on your PS4:

1. Unplug the PS4 console.
  2. Set it on a table or clean surface in front of you so that the eject button is on the left and the glossy surface is facing up.
  3. Grasp the glossy panel with your hands and palms like in this picture.
  4. Using your entire hand, apply pressure into your palms to slide the glossy panel up and away from you.
  5. Lift the panel up and set it aside.
It's time to locate the screw. Here's an image to guide you:

Oct 27, 2017
Cool! Thanks!

Do you have one to make it stop ejecting discs?

I added it, it is quoted in there. Tightening the eject screw (now it does not tighten like a regular screw, it will not get more 'snug', but turn it a few times in the direction stated)... and it has not done it to me in over a year and a half since.

The PS4 is whisper quiet ever since I cleaned the fan and dust out after 2 years from launch when it got a little louder. Mine was not that dusty at all, but even the minute cake of it on the fan will make it louder. This was also over a year and a half ago.

Tighten the manual-eject screw
Your PlayStation 4 has a special way of ejecting discs if, for some reason, the button doesn't work or the hardware won't power up. This comes in the form of the manual-eject screw. But this screw can sometimes come loose, which the PS4 will interpret as a technician trying to get the disc out of the system.

To do this, first you need to remove the glossy panel on your PS4:

1. Unplug the PS4 console.
  2. Set it on a table or clean surface in front of you so that the eject button is on the left and the glossy surface is facing up.
  3. Grasp the glossy panel with your hands and palms like in this picture.
  4. Using your entire hand, apply pressure into your palms to slide the glossy panel up and away from you.
  5. Lift the panel up and set it aside.
It's time to locate the screw. Here's an image to guide you: