• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
hoping someone can help me with this as I'm drawing a blank now apart from having to start completely from scratch which would annoy me having to download everything again.

Basically I had to do a database restore on my ps5. And upon rebooting, a large chunk of my ps4 games on my external drive now won't start. They are all showing as installed but greyed out.

I have restored licences but that didn't work. Tried total power downs, everything I can think of.

There is a pattern to the ones that don't work however. Basically when I got the ps5, I installed about dozen ps4 games onto the internal ssd. Then when I finally connected up my new external drive, I copied them off the ssd, to the external drive. These worked flawlessly until after I did the database reinstall this morning.

So everything I installed to the external drive by default afterwards plays fine, everything I copied from internal ssd to external doesn't.

There is no way to uninstall any of these games as they don't show in system storage either internally or externally, but I can't redownload them as they ate showing install in either library, or in the store.

What can I do from here to get these dozen or so games back?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Can't tell if you mean it did a rebuild on the external or internal drive? If you rebuilt the internal could you maybe try just pulling the power on the external HDD? When you plug it back in it'll do a rebuild of that drive.

OP
OP

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Can't tell if you mean it did a rebuild on the external or internal drive? If you rebuilt the internal could you maybe try just pulling the power on the external HDD? When you plug it back in it'll do a rebuild of that drive.

Thats a good point i don't actually know. I turned the console off, held the power button down and on the menu I just clicked rebuild the database. This was with the external drive connected

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Restore your licenses. I had to do it about 2-3 times, but all good now

OP
OP

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
It just seems that the 12 games I put on the ssd first, then copied across to the external are gone. Which in itself isn't a massive deal but I cannot reinstall them as they show as installed but there is no option anywhere to remove them

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Long shot: but I don't suppose you still have a PS4? Do they show there?

OP
OP

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Long shot: but I don't suppose you still have a PS4? Do they show there?

Unfortunately I sold it else I was going to try that.

It just seems odd that the only games affected are the ones I installed internally first before transferring over. There must be a bug somewhere in the os as its only them games its happened to to be just coincidence. There were 27 games on the external drive prior to fixing database. That dropped to 15 on restart. All of those 15 were downloaded to the external drive directly. The ones that went missing were internal ssd first, then transfered over to external. Has to be an os bug

lofolk

Aug 20, 2018
Just had this problem with Ghost of Tsushima that was installed externally.
I fixed it by going to settings > storage > extended storage > safely remove from PS5. I was then able to download again from the store to the internal drive.
Then I restarted the PS5 and was prompted with a message that the game exists on both the internal and external drives. I was directed to delete one of them.
Now it works fine.

Hope this helps.