• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

if Sony don't change, will you change?

• No

Votes: 3,385 73.0%
  • yes

Votes: 1,253 27.0%

• Total voters

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Considering that, with the Playstation 5, Sony keeps up with the same decision regarding cross platform gaming and worst, they keep up with some weird atitudes like blocking content from third parties, like the one we're seeing with Fortnite.

Will this make you change your future console?
Will this affect negatively the chances of you getting a new Playstation?

Or it's just a minor adversity that won't get in your way when you play the next God of War or the next Uncharted?

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
No. I've been buying PlayStation ever since childhood and I won't skip it because of crossplay. I'll get the next Xbox but I'm not switching anything.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, other than the Yakuza series, there's almost nothing on PlayStation I'm invested in enough to warrant buying a PS5. I'm already pretty checked out, and if they keep being shitty about cross-play, then yeah, I'm probably done.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, i'll still end up buying their next consoles anyway as will the majority of my friends but i'll still wish they'd go back on...whatever makes them do that for the sake of others who would love some crossplay.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
My first console was a PS1.
I've never skipped a single Sony console.
I won't start now, specially with such an amazing output of games.

The memories of playing FFIX for days and days on my PS1 after school are ingrained in my mind forever.

PlayStation is just too special for me.

PS:
To be 100% honest about the cross-play issue, I know Switch and Xbox owners are craving for Sony to add the feature, but personally, I really don't care at all.
If they want to play with PS4 players that much maybe they should buy a PS4.

Last edited:

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play multiplayer games much, but I do play JRPGs extensively. And Playstation always has tons of them. So no, all this cross platform stuff doesn't bother me a bit. I'll be getting a PS5 for sure.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For years I've only played with people on the same platform. Only recently has it opened up. So i can't see anyone moving from Playstation because they're still doing the same thing they've always done

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, not really. Their first party line up is just too good.

Also, all of my friends play on PlayStation so, while it does suck, cross platform play does not really affect me.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
In the end, I probably won't change because I've been with PS my whole life and they have a bunch of exclusives I'm attached to. But I feel like Microsoft are gonna bring the big guns next gen, and right now I've never considered getting an Xbox more. Still probably won't, though. The fact that their exclusives are on PC is pretty much the nail in the coffin.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't care about crossplay at all because I don't play online multiplayer, so my plans won't change.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I know Sony's posture on this suck, but I don't want to mingle with xbox live users ever again.

Hopefully we have options when Sony finally adopts crossplay.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda, I've moved over to PC for most Multi plat games so only really buy consoles now for exclusives and the odd game I prefer on console (like FIFA), I want Cross Play and Cross progression to be things though next gen

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I end up owning all the major consoles every cycle, but I'm currently planning on making Xbox my primary system next generation. I'll get a PlayStation for any exclusives they have, but all my multi-platform games will be Xbox.

Sony has to prove themselves to me if they want to be the primary system under my television.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I always buy every console. So I won't be avoiding the PS5 over this or anything. If I was a one console owner it might affect my decision though.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
What? Not at all. What I'm interested in as far as Sony go are the exclusives, and they've been destroying on that front left and right. I will be getting a PS5 for whatever they show.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't mind if Sony would continue to support the whole PC/Playstation cross play support with fighting games. But it'd be so much better with Xbox/Playstation/PC. You'd have healthy communities most of the time.

As for shooters, I don't know about that one.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Not really, not much of a multiplayer person and all my favorite exclusives are from Sony

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
Until I can get Sony exclusives elsewhere probably not plus most of my friends are on the Sony platform so doesn't matter too much to me.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Honestly it bothers me. But not enough to change. I have all of my games in this eco system and if PS5 is backwards compatible I'm definitely locked in.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't know anyone with an Xbox or Switch and honestly I only play online with my brother and best friend.

So I'm gonna say nah but I guess the goodwill could be worth it

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't particularly care much about cross platform, but the whole thing where if you've ever used your Epic account w/ Sony's platform, then you can never use that account for another platform, even if you unlink your Sony account, that is super ultra 100% garbage.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
I very rarely play multiplayer, so I couldn't care less about cross platform.
What I care about is Sony's exclusive content, which I cannot get anywhere else.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really don't care about it. Nearly 900 psn friends now. I don't need to cooperate with any other platform. Though I have a switch, I don't even have time to play it.
I will choose ps5 for day 1 because of psn exclusives, jrpgs and third party player base.

DontRaff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason to change as long as they continue doing the right things. I like the games and the console. I mean I've put up with the PSN name change thing for this long.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Like others have mentioned, Sony puts out some great exclusives. Plus I can't see my friends going for Xbox next time (they've always played on Sony consoles) so no reason for me to switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I want Sony to be a better company, but honestly, I'll go where the games are. MS is building a great rapport again and I think they are working to fix some errors, but I need to see the games to actually switch next gen.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
Nah, 90% of the games I play are singleplayer so I couldn't care less about cross platform play.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I mostly play multiplayer games these days, so no crossplay hurts me pretty hard.

I hardly touch my PS4 anyway, between having a PC and Switch. I'll likely be getting an Xbox next gen, especially so if it's the more powerful of the two.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I was Switch/Mobile/PS4/PC this gen.

E3 really pissed me off. I always felt Sony was shady but I didn't expect anything like this.

I will most likely be going with Xbox next gen with my other platforms.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
I am not. And I will probably regret it when I am the victim.... I feel bad even just thinking about it this way...