Status
Not open for further replies.

TroubledChica

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if Spiderman PS4 (not the native PS5 Remastered or Miles Morales release) will run at 60fps on the PS5? I'd rather not buy the Ultimate Edition bundle since I'm not really looking for the next gen high resolution upgrades, just a better framerate.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
This. Especially since it has the VR mission too!
Pretty sure the Battlefront VR mission is stand-alone and considered a demo, so incompatible any way. Similar for The Last Guardian VR.

Edit: The X-Wing VR Demo is a separate thing, but not the VR mission that was mentioned.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Spiderman PS4 (not the native PS5 Remastered or Miles Morales release) will run at 60fps on the PS5? I'd rather not buy the Ultimate Edition bundle since I'm not really looking for the next gen high resolution upgrades, just a better framerate.
I'm pretty sure it was a locked 30 with a dynamic resolution, even on the Pro, so probably not. And I would suspect no patch is coming for it for a while, seeing as how I'm sure Sony would rather you fork over the $70 for Miles Morales and the Remaster. But Insomniac has been doing a lot of goodwill gestures lately, so it's not impossible.

Red5

Oct 27, 2017
Is the problem with Battlefront 2015 just the VR component? I was able to launch the game and played a tutorial level and a round of Walker Assault no problem. Running off my external drive.

Ronik

Oct 25, 2017
Could anyone please check Super Stardust Ultra? It's in my backlog, but it's listed only as bootable, so I'm curious what exactly is broken with it and if I should play it before I sell my PS4.

Red5

Oct 27, 2017
Could anyone please check Super Stardust Ultra? It's in my backlog, but it's listed only as bootable, so I'm curious what exactly is broken with it and if I should play it before I sell my PS4.
Just played a round of arcade endless and a planet mode. Seemed fine no hitches or anything. It did popup with the warning saying you could experience unexpected game behavior.
Maybe it has something to do with the VR mode?

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Days Gone is super smooth. Was experiencing some bugs with the hordes though. Basically just disappearing. Not sure if this was just the game or related to BC.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping playing bioshock 2 on ps5 would save me from the game crashing every time I load but same issue. I will never play the game again I guess even though I was really enjoying it earlier this year.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
GT Sport is locked to the Pro Performance mode with the PS5. Not sure what is up with the res?

Red5

Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone tried playing AC:Syndicate yet and check if there was any substance about it not working?
Yeah it's playable but in the open world the shadows are bugged.

I played an assassination mission and that seemed fine. I think the time of day is fixed so there's no dynamic time of day shadows.

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the list of incompatible titles Sony has given is incomplete. At least these titles also seem to be incompatible
Source: https://www.destructoid.com/stories...on-ps5-and-aren-t-on-sony-s-list-610071.phtml
I'm pretty sure I have this figured out. Sony has deactivated all demos and trial versions of PS4 games on PS5. There seem to be two issues:

* PS5 mistakenly tags full games as demos, and thus reports them as unplayable. Fortunately, it correctly reads the game license, so users have the option to download the full game again and restore playability. (I think that's what's happening to the Destructoid writer, and he didn't notice they could be restored. As posted above, Battlefront does actually run.)

* Some full games are mistakenly tagged as demos on Sony's backend. I doubt there's any way for a user to play these. Here's the list I suspect is thus affected (16 games):

The Breach
Death Tales
The Gardens Between
Golem
It's Who You Know
Northwoods
Pixelbot Extreme!
Pool Elite
Pool Nation
Snowball
Star Child
Storm Flood
Tower of Time
World War Toons
YIIK
Zebra Cartwheels

I'll add to the OP when I update.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I did a NieR: Automata PS4 Pro vs PS5 test.

PS4 Pro left, PS5 right.
It's not as synched up as I'd like it to be as I kept running into bushes, but it's close enough and I think (hope) it shows the difference despite youtube compression. Couple drops here and there on PS5 but otherwise runs really nice.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if it's been asked already, but how do GRIP and Mothergunship run on ps5? they're flagged as bootable

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
Kingdom Hearts 3 seems pretty much locked 60 fps. Maybe dropped like 5 frames for one second when a bunch of crazy shit happened at once.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Persona 5 Scramble runs flawless 60fps in resolution/graphics mode. Looks great! Good news for western release.

Still pretty floored by how much better Monster Hunter Iceborne looks and loads on this. Man, games that have locked framerates vs unlocked framerate games are just night and day on PS5 BC. I really hope Sony patches some of their 1st party games, like LittleBigPlanet3 would be so nice at 60fps. Same with Gravity Rush 2.

Canadiancrowe

Nov 4, 2017
Does anybody else have Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Parappa greyed out on their PS5? I can't see anywhere that says they shouldn't be playable.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Tried Warriors Orochi 4, its noticeably smoother but still has some drops. Not larger ones or seconds of slowdown but you can catch it hitching occasionally still. It's almost running perfect though. It's one of the random games I wanted to see run better and it does so yay.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
So can someone confirm if gow or Tlou2 support dualsense haptic feedback and adoptive triggers?

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Doesn't it say only for those who own the complete edition?
Playstation Blog said:
For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take***:

• Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
  • Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Some clips I took for load times.
Apologies in advance for the "clicking" sounds. I keep forgetting the controller itself has a mic built in and I keep forgetting to disable it lol

EDF 4.1

You can't tell in this video but it's really smooth. Not sure why it didn't upload in 60fps..

Cities skyline

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, question - So I know you can play your game off external storage. But if your external storage is also an SSD, does this mean you're load times will be identical to those if you played from the main console storage?

May 24, 2019
Sorry to ask but how is Final Fantasy 7 Remake or FFXV? Can it play 4k?

They still have the same modes and resolutions as PS4 Pro, but FFXV has an uncapped 'lite' mode, which can now hit 60fps consonantly.

Does anybody else have Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Parappa greyed out on their PS5? I can't see anywhere that says they shouldn't be playable.

Are they trial versions? Trials/betas/demos don't work.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
If you click on the greyed out game, and then the three dot option next to where the Download button should normally be, it'll list the full version of each game there. For some reason it defaults to betas and demos for those.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, question - So I know you can play your game off external storage. But if your external storage is also an SSD, does this mean you're load times will be identical to those if you played from the main console storage?
Hey everyone, I just decided to test this myself.

On the main console storage, the first cutscene of Last of Us 2 loaded in 39.32 seconds by from the time you hit "start".
On my extended SSD storage, I timed it at 42.69 (nice) seconds

So, SLIGHTLY slower, but not noticable in any meaningful sense of the world :)

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Some clips I took for load times.
Apologies in advance for the "clicking" sounds. I keep forgetting the controller itself has a mic built in and I keep forgetting to disable it lol

EDF 4.1

Wow this is great. I've always wanted to get an EDF game. Which would you recommend? Are there any with splitscreen?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there an equivalent thread like this for Series X? I'd like the link if that's the case. Also, I really am curious as to how certain games run in particular:

Nier Automata
Pure Pool
Resident Evil 2/3

I really hope we get a Final Fantasy VII Remake patch for 60FPS.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I just decided to test this myself.

On the main console storage, the first cutscene of Last of Us 2 loaded in 39.32 seconds by from the time you hit "start".
On my extended SSD storage, I timed it at 42.69 (nice) seconds

So, SLIGHTLY slower, but not noticable in any meaningful sense of the world :)
What is it compared to base ps4?

Canadiancrowe

Nov 4, 2017
They still have the same modes and resolutions as PS4 Pro, but FFXV has an uncapped 'lite' mode, which can now hit 60fps consonantly.

Are they trial versions? Trials/betas/demos don't work.
Thanks. I figured it out if anybody has issues. It looks like I had to restore my licenses. It's the same process as the PS4 was. Glad I didn't lose any games!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting consistent results for other games

God of War load time from Internal PS5 SSD - 19.8 seconds.
God of War load time from Internal PS5 SSD - 22.5 seconds.

Uncharted Lost Legacy internal PS5 SSD - 40.42 seconds.
Uncharted Lost Legacy external PS5 SSD - 46.23 seconds.

If you have an external SSD, it will cost you a couple seconds, but nothing major.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody having issues with when you install a PS4 game from disc it downloads the entire game as an update.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So this may sound dumb but FFXV has a toggle to turn HDR on and off. Since the PS5 always outputs in HDR mode, does turning it off in-game actually turn the HDR off? I don't notice the HDR toggle on the TV change at all which usually shows when I enable or disable HDR.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm getting consistent results for other games

God of War load time from Internal PS5 SSD - 19.8 seconds.
God of War load time from Internal PS5 SSD - 22.5 seconds.

Uncharted Lost Legacy internal PS5 SSD - 40.42 seconds.
Uncharted Lost Legacy external PS5 SSD - 46.23 seconds.

If you have an external SSD, it will cost you a couple seconds, but nothing major.
God of War loads that fast?

Uncharted LL loads that slow?

Sweet Jesus.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What is it compared to base ps4?

Last of Us 2 Load time from PS5 Internal SSD - 39.32 seconds

Last of Us 2 Load time from PS5 External SSD - 42.69 seconds

Last of Us 2 Load time from PS4 External SSD - 49.41 seconds

Last of Us 2 Load time from PS5 Internal HDD - 56.99 seconds

CORRECTION: Apparently, I don't have an external SSD, I have an external HDD. It's this one specifically, which I vaguely recall buying for it's higher RPM, but I'll be getting an external SSD now to test out load times properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.