Status
Not open for further replies.

curley

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Anyone run into other games that aren't backwards compatible?

I was scrolling through my games library and it says "the Gardens Between" can't be played on PS5

Unknown

Oct 29, 2017
My ps5 is saying destiny 2 is only payable on ps4. While a friend is playing it on his ps5. Hmmm

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
So I just downloaded Days Gone through the PS+ Collection, it went to my external HDD and now it won't let me move it to the SDD
Maybe a reboot will let me, but version 1.0 definitely has some bugs

EDIT: NVM It's still downloading (I guess there's a difference between ready to play and fully installed.) My bad folks

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
Has anyone tried running Dragon's Dogma?

Even if it's still 30fps, it should benefit a lot from the fast loading

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Valkyria Chronicles 4 says not supported, but when I click the "find a way to play" it says I can download it?? Is it just because I didn't have the disc in or something

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
how do ps2 classics perform? did they got a resolution boost?

does jak x runs at an acceptable framerate now?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Anyone know what to do about all games having the lock icon? It acts like I don't have them I guess? Tried restoring licenses, but that didnt work for disc games.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing how these are two of my active PS4 games, I can't help but be curious: how are Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels?

I keep joking about how P5 should just have its load screens eliminated entirely.

Jan 11, 2018
Why unpatched? The latest version still targets 60fps.

Mostly for the sake of preservation. The 1.0 disc version had some performance issues, but was uncapped so I'm thinking it should be able to achieve a locked 60 fps even without the patches that improved the framerate. I feel like if The Last Guardian can run at a locked 60 fps in its uncapped 1.0 version, this game shouldn't have any issues doing the same, making the patch redundant.

BarcaTheGreat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't download Tales of Beseria... Last game I played on ps4 before selling it. It's not playable until l system update.. How come it wasn't listed as one of the game not playable.

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone run into other games that aren't backwards compatible?

I was scrolling through my games library and it says "the Gardens Between" can't be played on PS5
In the API it appears to be marked as if it were a demo. This may be an error on Sony's end.

The Gamesradar post that article is copying is the only place that has mentioned full DualSense support for BC games. I want to get confirmation from elsewhere before I edit the OP.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 says not supported, but when I click the "find a way to play" it says I can download it?? Is it just because I didn't have the disc in or something
The game had a demo, is that what you had installed? It seems all PS4 demos have been tagged in such a way they don't play. And it would explain why you still have the option to download it, because the full game should be fine.

how do ps2 classics perform? did they got a resolution boost?

does jak x runs at an acceptable framerate now?
No BC games get a resolution boost unless they were already dynamic.

Can't download Tales of Beseria... Last game I played on ps4 before selling it. It's not playable until l system update.. How come it wasn't listed as one of the game not playable.
Once you do the system update, can you try again and let us know the outcome?

BarcaTheGreat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the API it appears to be marked as if it were a demo. This may be an error on Sony's end.

The Gamesradar post that article is copying is the only place that has mentioned full DualSense support for BC games. I want to get confirmation from elsewhere before I edit the OP.

The game had a demo, is that what you had installed? It seems all PS4 demos have been tagged in such a way they don't play. And it would explain why you still have the option to download it, because the full game should be fine.

No BC games get a resolution boost unless they were already dynamic.

Once you do the system update, can you try again and let us know the outcome?
There was no other system update. It basically said it will be playable on a future update (no guarantee, more like maybe) . My system firmware was updated at the very beginning of the system setup

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking, this might be the first time I play Earth Defense Force at a respectable FPS. Isn't EDF 4.1 an unlocked frame rate? I need to check it out.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Here you go :)

I used the 4k recording option, so not sure if it's 4k yet on YouTube or it's still processing the videos.

No 60fps option for these games.

If there's any way you can upload short 60fps videos showing typical performance, that'd be very helpful. I understand if you can't, thanks!

Thanks everyone for your input! It would be very helpful if any of you could post some 60fps footage somewhere that I could analyze. That way I can potentially figure out details about the improvements. Thanks in advance!

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Death Stranding more than maybe any other PS4 game would benefit hugely from DualSense support. Feeling the ground underneath your feet would be a big deal.

mediumdave

Oct 27, 2017
All of these installed on the Ps5 ssd. I'm coming from a base PS4 but with a better hard drive installed.

Deception IV! Seems to look the same, feels like it loads way faster.

Yakuza 6, was just playing on the Ps4 last night, loads seem the same, it feels like it runs better.

Gravity Rush 2, seems the same.

Days Gone, loaded hella faster, ran much better (than a base, obvs).

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, looked the same, loaded maybe a couple seconds faster.

Burnout Paradise the same, lots of little loading screens in that before you can select anything, really bogs it down.

THPS 1+2, certainly seemed to load 3-5 seconds faster, looked better than base.

Dark cloud 2 seemed the same, a little audio crackle in the headset right at the PS2 logo but fine after that.

CrossCode took forever for an initial load. Other than that, seemed the same.

I downloaded a ton of games onto my 2tb usb drive and will probably play around and swap games out this weekend.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering: in regards to Fortnite, Dead by Daylight and Rocket League, is it better to play them on PS5 or XSX?

I haven't really tried any of those three, but have gotten them both for free on both consoles (via Gamepass, PS+, etc). I'm wondering which versions offer the best performances plus console benefits.

AnythingElse

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, it seems like PS2 emulation didn't get any improvements for PS5, as I tested Psychonauts and it still runs like absolute shit.

RalliArtEvo

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
It's insane that it can quadruple the framerate that way - I have to assume it must've been badly CPU bottlenecked on PS4, and the 3.5GHz on PS5 must be doing a lot of the work.
Yeah, it's pretty shocking to play now. I'm so used to the game bogging to almost unplayable levels when the action really heats up, but so far I haven't had a single dropped frame from what I can tell. Definitely makes so much more enjoyable!

Oct 25, 2017
Geometry Wars 3 plays, but it kicked me out of a screen share I was doing with a friend

I only re-played the first level, but I didn't see anything weird

Last edited:

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I see the list of games that have PS5 patches confirmed and the estimated dates for each (Some are off though, like MK11 which is November and not December) and that's super helpful.

However is there a list of which PS4 games already got the PS5 enhancement patch? Unlike Xbox I didn't find an OS UI that filters that out and the OP post that comes closest to that list seems to be the ones with uncaped framerates but that's not really what I'm looking for.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
It seems like I found a bug in Best Saber. Whenever I choose American Idiot, the game crashes. I tried 3 times. I have tried other dlc songs and they work fine. Anyone else with Beat Saber and that DLC pack have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.