• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I would imagine that Sony would not get in the way of the controller being used on PC. The DS4 was either the second or third most used PC controller the past 5 or so years. Controllers have huge margins and they definitely sold controllers solely for PC use.

They even put out an official PC wireless adapter for a time.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I use it with Terraria. Not sure if its because the game now have controller support, but it works great.

I tested a few user profiles until I settled on one that I tweaked a lil.

Cool. I'll wait for impressions first but I think I'm gonna get one later and use it as the main controller.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How is the compatibility with the dualshock4 on PC anyway? Does it mostly work with steams controller config?
Yup! works great most of the time.
Really the only issue most of the time is that games don't use PS prompts which can trip me out sometimes when playing intense games. But you can usually download mods from workshop or Nexus to change that.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yup! works great most of the time.
Really the only issue most of the time is that games don't use PS prompts which can trip me out sometimes when playing intense games. But you can usually download mods from workshop or Nexus to change that.
Yeah, I had this issue with Terraria and Minecraft, yeah I know that's not Steam, lol.

Terraria has the PS prompts, but the Xbox profiles were more compatible. That's when I went outside the game presets and used Steam profiles. That thing is powerful and amazing.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Some real thirsty people in here for a controller you can't use for 11 days.
I bet some of the crazier playstation fans on Era would find some uses, like cuddling with it while falling asleep for a month until the console release. An onlyfans entrepeneur could make some bank by making the first sexual video with a dual sense.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I really dig the packaging
Hmmm… I was actually thinking the opposite.

It reminds me of Best Buy Insignia stuff… which isn't exactly screaming quality to me.

1239871cv11d.jpg

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if Sony gives us a proper PC driver this time.. but probably won't. Hopefully, Valve will get support going quickly.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Would be nice if Sony gives us a proper PC driver this time.. but probably won't. Hopefully, Valve will get support going quickly.

I'd like to imagine it can't be too much more work beyond what's been done for the DS4 already. They may have already partially prepared for the adaptive triggers too with soft press activators on triggers for DS4.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
How is the compatibility with the dualshock4 on PC anyway? Does it mostly work with steams controller config?

I use my DS4 all the time on PC, works just fine. I use the DS4Windows program for games it doesn't really click right with. Sometimes the program messes with Steam or other games, but really just toggle it off and it's good to go.