• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'd like What's New to comeback in some form. It feels a bit lifeless without anything like that.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow...just as we were saying in the other thread, you don't need some special 4.0 NVMe to use this, just has to have a heatsink that fits in the space.

Jan 4, 2021
One thing I'd love is the game size in GB as a pop up or in the game icon of non installed games, so I can see immediately whether I can download it. Like 80gb/200gb (available)

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
i could've sworn i signed up for the firmware beta 😔 not stopping by the best buy to pick up a 980 pro ig

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Vertical Trophy list is great. Now I need to be able to switch the way the Home button works. I've only had my PS5 for a week and I keep messing it up since I'm used to the PS4.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Nice changes but it's just the tip of the iceberg... still so many missing features from PS4, and others I doubt will be ever be implemented again for the way the UI is designed, were everything takes an obscene about on steps to do things that were super simple on PS4...

The MAIN issue is the lack of double tap of PS button to swap from game to previous OS screen but yeah, good luck having that back too :/

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Nice update, I hope the next one brings VRR and better shortcuts for the Create button alongside gif creation.

• You can now enjoy 3D audio through your TV speakers.
    • To enable 3D audio for your TV speakers, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output], and then turn on [Enable 3D Audio for TV Speakers].
    • You can also measure the acoustics of your room using the microphone on your DualSense wireless controller to apply the 3D audio setting that's optimised for your room.
I remember speculating about this back in the day when the DualSense was revealed, it will be nice to see this realized.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
the trophies will now be displayed vertically instead of horizontally

giphy.gif

Nov 5, 2017
How beta are the PS5 betas usually? I got my PS5 only a few days ago and my fingers are itching, but not if betas are historically problematic.
What was your experience so far living on the bleeding edge?

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the ps4 beta had codes for extra friends I guess they are not doing this, if anyone has a UK or EU code they don't want I am happy to take it.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Still no option to be able to "Check For Update" on any game in your library, instead of just the most recently played ones at the top of the screen? *sigh*
Yeah. Why don't the library listed games have exactly the same menu as the front page tiles when you press the option button on them. Madness!

Can we feed voice chat to the TV instead of through the controller yet? I'm deaf as a post Sony, I can't hear my friends through the bleeding controller and I don't want to use headphones all the time.

Whining over. There is some good updates here. Vertical trophies, screenshot notification and added internal SSD being some of them.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's a decent update, but man, there's still stuff that I was really hoping we would see by the end of year one (VRR [what is going on here?], Quick Resume, even if just for two concurrent games, switch the press/hold the PS Button functions, etc.). I don't feel any confidence about the extended storage, and it honestly just feels way more complicated than it should have been. M.2 felt like absolutely the right choice when announced, but I don't think it is now. Especially the insane speed requirements, because the 2.4GB/s Series X is usually just as fast at everything as the PS5.

We'll be a year in and it will still feel like a big step back from the PS4 UI.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Got the email. Will probably install layer tonight and order an NVM drive this weekend.

Call of duty you'll hamper my ability to play other games no longer!

Dec 4, 2018
Tried out the beta with the SN850. I got ~6500 MB/S read speed. Transferred about 400GBs to the SSD and it was really fast.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in the US get the invite? I am hoping it just hasn't gone out yet :( I was invited to pretty much every PS4 firmware beta.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Nice changes but it's just the tip of the iceberg... still so many missing features from PS4, and others I doubt will be ever be implemented again for the way the UI is designed, were everything takes an obscene about on steps to do things that were super simple on PS4...

The MAIN issue is the lack of double tap of PS button to swap from game to previous OS screen but yeah, good luck having that back too :/
I know exactly what you mean. It's awful. All shortcuts and handy stuff I was using on PS4 are gone on PS5. Like all of them!

On PS5 I am discouraged of doing anything except playing my game because everything else does take too much time compared to before. It's really frustrating. I am very disappointed by PS5 UI. Also the new PS Button sucks, I hate using it as it's not at the right place and the shape is odd. And why the Dual Sense micro is always ON by default and the light tells us the micro is OFF?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I got my code but of course I am a little nervous about installing it given all of the issues with the software so far. Anyone install it yet and have any issues?

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow.. That is a lot of stuff

About the trophy tracking... We're talking real time "you have 20 of 25 thingaridoos collected", right?
Not just display up to 5 trophies and one of them says "you have to collect 25".

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
can we stop portending modern consoles arent just closed system pcs now?

Whitta struggled to reconcile the most simple of tasks as attaching the PS5's stand, so I'm not surprised he's become enraged over this. I'm sure he won't be satisfied at just how easy this shit will end up being after in the coming days when Digital Foundry has an overview to make it as simple an ask as back when we were changing the PS3 and PS4's HDD.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I swear they made the trophy lists horizontal at the outset just so people would rejoice when they changed it back to vertical. There's no way anyone could've thought that looked good.