OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
So I've been replaying Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PS5 in anticipation for Baldur's Gate 3. I originally finished D:OS 2 on base PS4 back in 2019.

The game has some glitches with flickering shadows, specially in dungeons and caves. Not too prevalent, and not game breaking, but it's noticeable. I recorded a brief video to illustrate:

View: https://youtu.be/tOqF0xhN6wY

Also, the game is locked at 30fps most of the time, but sometimes going into battle mode unlocks the framerate for a second and it shoots up to 60. Certain spells and effects also seem to unlock the framerate temporarily.

Thanks for the feedback, i've search and found some other users with this issue too, i will include a note in this game in the next time i update the OP.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
unbelievable

call me spoiled, but man is it hard to go back to 30 fps games

doubly, if the framerate consistently dips below 30

i swear it seems like every video game i've played is 60 fps in my memory
Certainly true for this gen, and when a game like Isonzo or Jedi Survivor is unstable it really sticks out.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
unbelievable

call me spoiled, but man is it hard to go back to 30 fps games

doubly, if the framerate consistently dips below 30

i swear it seems like every video game i've played is 60 fps in my memory
Agreed but it depends on the game. Games like Guardians of the Galaxy in RT mode or story games like Detroit Become Human are fine at 30fps. For more action heavy games 60fps is a must.

Ultimately, I hope there's a 40fps option at least, played Rift Apart in the Fidelity VRR mode and it was a great time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel we've got more 60FPS modes lately which has been so nice for me. I dont have much of a problem going back to 30FPS, but I really would prefer not to lol. I do wonder how things will turn out later in this gen though.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
There is no information on the Trails of Cold Steel series?

Edit: PS5 versions are coming. Woohoo!

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
-Thread Update-

PS5 Games (NEW!):
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
- DNF Duel
- Fort Solis
- Gundam Evolution
- Immortals of Aveum
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R
- Mr. Driller DrillLand
- Sea of Stars
- Steelrising
- Sword and Fairy: Together Forever

PS4 Games (NEW!):
- Katamari Damacy REROLL
- MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE
- MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE 2

UPDATED INFO:
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (PS4 BC) [minor shadow issues]
- Lists updated (RayTracing, 120Hz, Lumen and Upcoming PS5 Upgrades)
- Minor general corrections to multiple games

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I've also hidden most part of the FAQ Section with the Spoilers function, so it won't load all those images every time. Its also cleaner and its now quicker to get to the rest of the OP. But all the FAQ info is still there, if you wanna see it, just click in the SPOILER icon.

Jan 11, 2018
Nice work!

By the way, what would the differences between the PS4 and PS5 ports of Moonrider be if the original sprites are 240p? Does the PS5 version upscale better beyond 1080p? Or will they look the same on a 4K TV? Debating on whether or not the PS5 version is gonna be worth getting over the PS4 one (since that one allows you to back up your save file to a USB at least).

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Nice work!

By the way, what would the differences between the PS4 and PS5 ports of Moonrider be if the original sprites are 240p? Does the PS5 version upscale better beyond 1080p? Or will they look the same on a 4K TV? Debating on whether or not the PS5 version is gonna be worth getting over the PS4 one (since that one allows you to back up your save file to a USB at least).
It depends if the game is PS4 Pro Enhanced, if it is then both will scale to 4K, since it's not a demanding game, so will be the same.

Honestly haven't checked but I'd assume it will be. Obviously some games may have Activity Cards or faster loading but that's inconsequential.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Nice work!

IQ would be the same if the game runs 4k native on both. The question is what kind of output resolution the versions use (and what scaling method but I guess the method is the same, so it would depend on the resolution).

Jan 11, 2018
Honestly haven't checked but I'd assume it will be. Obviously some games may have Activity Cards or faster loading but that's inconsequential.

Do you own it and are you able to check? Would be much appreciated!

IQ would be the same if the game runs 4k native on both. The question is what kind of output resolution the versions use (and what scaling method but I guess the method is the same, so it would depend on the resolution).

I don't think there's that many PS4 games that are native 4K. Just checkerboard, right?

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023

I don't think there's that many PS4 games that are native 4K. Just checkerboard, right?
I don't own it sorry. There are actually quite a lot of less demanding games that are native 4K on PS4 Pro. Red Dead Redemption 1 is Native 4K on PS4 Pro for example.

PS4 Pro supports 4K output and Moonrider is not exactly demanding so should just cleanly scale from 240p -> 2160p if the game has PS4 Pro support.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

Not many, no. But Sonic Mania is a 4k game on PS4 Pro for example so Moonrider running 4k on a Pro wouldn't be that surprising. The real challenge will be finding out if it does, because I don't think it's easy to find information about it on the internet.

While Sonic Mania is a native port on the PS4, Moonrider was developed with Construct on PC and ported by a different studio iirc. That is the only thing that would make me question things. It certainly doesn't look like it would be too demaning.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
-Thread Update-

PS5 Games (NEW!):
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
- DNF Duel
- Fort Solis
- Gundam Evolution
- Immortals of Aveum
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R
- Mr. Driller DrillLand
- Sea of Stars
- Steelrising
- Sword and Fairy: Together Forever

PS4 Games (NEW!):
- Katamari Damacy REROLL
- MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE
- MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE 2

UPDATED INFO:
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (PS4 BC) [minor shadow issues]
- Lists updated (RayTracing, 120Hz, Lumen and Upcoming PS5 Upgrades)
- Minor general corrections to multiple games
Just added 2 more Unreal Engine 5 games: Fort Solis and Immortals of Aveum which both use the full UE5 toolset, Nanite + Lumen.

Clearly they have been quite disappointing especially in terms of how low the resolution is and just relying on FSR 2 to save the day. Hopefully the engine improves over time and developers get more familiar with it because currently it's far too demanding.

Other UE5 games such as Remnant 2 and Layers of Fear have been much more respectable in my opinion but they didn't use either Lumen or Nanite respectively. They both used Epic's TSR instead of FSR which costs more performance but produces better results.

Many upcoming games will be using UE5 so we wont have to wait long to see whether the state of things will improve.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
-Thread update-

PS5 Games (NEW!):
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
- Baldur's Gate 3
- NBA 2K24

PS4 Games (NEW!):
- FIFA 19
- FIFA 20
- Madden NFL 19
- Madden NFL 20
- NBA 2K19
- NBA 2K20
- NHL 19
- NHL 20
- Ride 2
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
- WWE 2K19
- WWE 2K20

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
www.ign.com

Insomniac Answers All of Our Questions About Spider-Man 2's PS5 Tech - IGN

IGN sat down with members of Insomniac Games that worked on Spider-Man 2, this interview discusses the game from a technical perspective and what things did Insomniac do differently for its third entry in the Spider-Man series.

VRR, 120Hz support confirmed including 60fps or 30 or 40 modes similar to previous Spider-Man games. Also they confirmed there will be RT enabled for all modes! So there won't be a non-RT performance mode.

Can't wait for this game to come out, looking like one of the best games of the generation let alone the year.

Personally I'll be playing the game with the 40fps VRR mode for the main game then use the 60fps VRR mode for cleaning up collectibles and post game content.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
-Thread Update-

PS5 Games (NEW!):
- AK-xolotl
- BloodRayne Betryal: Fresh Bites
- Cursed to Golf
- Inertial Drift
- The Legend of Tiading
- Oceanhorn 2
- PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
- River City Girls
- River City Girls 2
- Smurf's Kart
- Souce of Madness
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake
- This War of Mine Final Cut

PS4 Games (NEW!):
- Oceanhorn
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
- Star Ocean First Departure R

Updated INFO
- Sniper Ghost Contracts (PS4) new patch with updated performance on PS5

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
www.resetera.com

Mid-gen Xbox roadmap hardware leak. Series S|X refreshes (digital-only 2TB Series X at $499), controller with haptics and quieter buttons at $69.99.

Things can change but this is the current planned roadmap for Xbox mid-gen refresh hardware from May 2022 as part of a whoopsie from the FTC documents with files attached. FTC statement that they were not responsible for leak and judge statement that MS provided the link. source Download...
This Xbox leak is absolutely crazy. Now we now know they are going to be adding haptic feedback to their controller as part of their mid-gen refresh. Good news as it means more games will implement it.

No Mid-Gen upgrade in line with the PS5 Pro apparently but this may change in the future depending on how old these plans are.

Interesting details on the vision for their Next-Gen console although I absolutely hate their push for all-digital/cloud requirements.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
all digital mid-gen refresh? that's wild

i knew the series x was a decent investment on my part

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Disastrous leak, basically letting the competition know all of your plans for the current and next gen.
Really and truly unprecedented. One of the biggest mess ups of all time.

Native Red Dead Redemption 2 Version was leaked also as part of these documents. I've downloaded them myself, so much information.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Really and truly unprecedented. One of the biggest mess ups of all time.

Native Red Dead Redemption 2 Version was leaked also as part of these documents. I've downloaded them myself, so much information.
Hopefully Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters are count as classic catalogue to release on PS5.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Few more videos

West of Dead, Contra: Rogue Corps + Generation Zero

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMfmf8N5HmA
performs fine I guess, nothing really to note

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYBuBJggYV0
30fps, loading times not too bad

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVncji-19Q
Loading time was instant, which was great. Performance is 30fps though, and the aiming is dreadful. There was like a 30 sec period where I just couldn't aim for shit lol

For Generation Zero, they're going to add a 60fps patch.
G6nD9JU.jpg

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Ill and Trails of Cold Steel IV - PS5 Native Versions Coming Soon!

themakoreactor.com

Trails of Cold Steel III and IV Rated for PS5 Release by ESRB • The Mako Reactor

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III and IV have been rated for PS5 release by the ESRB, NIS America announcement imminent?
Confirmed coming Early 2024! Another leak that turned out to be true.

PSA: Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption 2 Native PS5 Versions are also likely to happen based on recent leaks.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
MGS Master Collection Performance Revealed:
ppo8Cti.jpg

Disappointing port to say the least…
What really gets me is the mention of alpha effects causing frame rate drops. MGS2 and 3 had multiple scenes where the 60fps target faltered on PS3 and Xbox 360. I'd like to hope that PS5 can manage to maintain a locked 60fps on both games even at 1080p.

That said, 4K60 should have been the intended target resolution and performance metric, 1080p60 only feels acceptable on the last gen PS4.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
What really gets me is the mention of alpha effects causing frame rate drops. MGS2 and 3 had multiple scenes where the 60fps target faltered on PS3 and Xbox 360. I'd like to hope that PS5 can manage to maintain a locked 60fps on both games even at 1080p.

That said, 4K60 should have been the intended target resolution and performance metric, 1080p60 only feels acceptable on the last gen PS4.
I think they only mentioned that just incase. But since it runs the exact same on PS4 I don't think performance will be an issue.

PC has the same Max resolutions and frame rates so clearly it's not about the power of the hardware. I'm guessing this will be a very barebones port of Bluepoint's HD collection and they probably didn't do any extra work to add 4K support to that engine.

30fps on MGS1 is outrageous too considering how easily DuckStation can run it at 4K60fps.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
-Thread Update-

PS5 Games (NEW!):
- Aeterna Noctis
- The Binding of Isaac Repetance
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
- EA Sports FC 24
- Metal Gear Solid Master Collections Vol. 1
- Pumpkin Jack

PS4 Games (NEW!):
- Curse of the Dead Gods
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
- Slay the Spire
- Spelunky 2

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Just wanted to say I check this list often and I appreciate the hard work, thank you!
Thanks for the support. We are working on making this data more accessible and easier to search. It's a massive task so will take a long time before it's ready but should make our work a lot more useful and widespread. For now we're doing our best updating this thread.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Are there games not on OP, anyone would like to see added?

Last edited:

Spook & Spell

Aug 3, 2021
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but today I learned an interesting (unfortunate) side-effect from the lack of a forced supersampling option with backwards compatibility when a PS5 is connected to a 1080p display. When recording footage with the PS5's built-in capture software users are restricted to 1080p or lower at 30fps for older PS4 titles. Newer games appear to at least record at 60fps, but 4k captures are disabled. The only way to record older PS4 games in 60fps is to have the PS5 connected to a 4k display and force the 4k at 60fps recording option.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
fandomwire.com

Teardown Hands-Off Preview - A Full Package of Fun (PS5) - FandomWire

Officially releasing just over a year ago on PC, Teardown became a smash hit amongst indie fans. The power to destroy anything and everything was a simple yet

'On PS5, in Performance Mode, the game manages to average around 120 FPS at 1080p. Quality mode up to 1620p and averaging 60 FPS. The game looks incredibly gorgeous, as it utilizes the power of the gameplay's physics system' with the added benefit of the lighting system and ray tracing.'

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
In other news, Immortals of Aveum will be adding FSR 3 to consoles:
dapey2B.jpg

uAhsJ6z.jpg

www.ea.com

Immortals of Aveum – Update 1.0.5.0 Release Notes

The release notes for Immortals of Aveum’s update 1.0.5.0.

Interesting challenge on how we should represent FSR 3 FG on games in the thread. PC impressions have been positive but seems like you need to be consistently hitting 60fps for best results.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022
In other news, Immortals of Aveum will be adding FSR 3 to consoles:
uAhsJ6z.jpg

www.ea.com

Immortals of Aveum – Update 1.0.5.0 Release Notes

The release notes for Immortals of Aveum’s update 1.0.5.0.

Interesting challenge on how we should represent FSR 3 FG on games in the thread. PC impressions have been positive but seems like you need to be consistently hitting 60fps for best results.
This could actually be huge if they iron out the small issues with it and devs implement it for demanding stuff like UE5 games.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
This could actually be huge if they iron out the small issues with it and devs implement it for demanding stuff like UE5 games.
Definitely. Just a disclaimer for everyone this will mainly be used to go from 60fps -> 120fps.

'AMD FSR 3 Frame Generation is recommended to be used in situations where pre-interpolation, post-upscaling frame rate is a minimum of 60. In ideal situations FSR 3 will produce images up to 120fps from a 60fps game input.'

30fps only games likely won't benefit. Best we can hope for if 60fps isn't possible, is a 40fps mode. I could be wrong, let's see.

Last edited: