finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this one looks pretty hot? Love the classic logo on it.

ysd95ddq3m061.jpg
The quality of the paint job on this console looks terribly blotchy and uneven; it looks absolutely terrible, IMO.

Some of y'all honestly do like some tacky stuff, lol.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
White wasn't my first choice either, but RIP that looks rough. At least it can still play the same games.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I think the PS2 is also very dark blue? The game cases definitely are, if not the console itself. And the original Xbox is very dark green (source: sunbeam through my bedroom window as a teen).

luminosity

"This guy are sick"
Oct 30, 2017
when orange light hits black thing it turns blue...they are opposites on the color wheel.

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
The quality of the paint job on this console looks terribly blotchy and uneven; it looks absolutely terrible, IMO.

Some of y'all honestly do like some tacky stuff, lol.

Sony: pays product design team hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to design the PS5
Presumable teenager: "I'm gonna paint it with some random spray paint that my dad has in the back corner of the garage!"

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lighting is way overblown in OP's pic. Probably partially causing all the different color interpretations.

Also maybe just needs a couple more coats of paint? Many light coats > less thick coats.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony: pays product design team hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to design the PS5
Presumable teenager: "I'm gonna paint it with some random spray paint that my dad has in the back corner of the garage!"
ERA, some time later: "Wow! Look at this amazing custom paint job! DAE think the original design SUCKS?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On topic: I think the paint job on OP's console looks well done, I'm guessing OP's desire was to flex on his painted console. Neat. i personally prefer the original colors and design of the PS5 -- I have a DE sitting in my entertainment center that I actually think looks quite nice, for all the vitriol it gets here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Pure black plastic always looks so cheap to me… you need some subtle blue tint to it and not pure dark black for it to start looking good (hence why the non-painted "black" part isn't pure black).

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
ERA, some time later: "Wow! Look at this amazing paint job!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On topic: I think the paint job on OP's console looks well done, I'm guessing OP's desire was to flex on his painted console. Neat. i personally prefer the original colors and design of the PS5 -- I have a DE sitting in my entertainment center that I actually think looks quite nice, for all the vitriol it gets here.

Yeah, OP's paint job is pretty decent. The other one in this thread, though--yikes.

OP
OP
DC5remy

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
ERA, some time later: "Wow! Look at this amazing custom paint job! DAE think the original design SUCKS?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 bit of flex intended. If I hadn't seen it in the sun, looking blue I never would have made a post.

plus, this is a fun thread so far.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Eh, the person painting it just had a poor eye for color matching + it's creating that illusion. Should have gone with a deeper gray, pure black / white aren't used as often in design.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, that looks ugly OP.

I think the white PS looks great, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
- Person paints console when they clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing
- Person takes pic of the console in the most unflattering angle possible

Result is in the OP.

Blue, black, who cares, this looks like crap.