• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

PS5 disc is exclusive to the CE, this version includes a free next gen upgrade to PS5 though!

We got some clarification that folk were waiting on for Disco Elysium's physical release yesterday. At least in North America/UK the only way to get a physical disc for the PlayStation 5 is to buy the $249.99 USD Collector's Edition from iam8bit. As an alternative, there will be a standard PlayStation 4 release at most retailers for £34.99/$39.99 USD which will include a free upgrade to PS5 and releases November 9th.

www.iam8bit.com

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Collector’s Edition

Collector’s Edition Set ZA/UM PS5 Release Disco Elysium. Includes Premium Case, Vinyl Sculpture, Art Book, Illustrated Map, PlayStation 5 Physical Game with Reversible Cover & Slipcase. Region Free Worldwide Compatibility. iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s...

Still no news on the Switch/Xbox physical copies, the same Collector's Edition was sold for those platforms but orders were closed quite early on for unspecified reasons, but iam8bit did say they'd eventually return and the existing orders would be fulfilled. No specific news on a standard edition release on those platforms.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Ok I almost got upset for a second when I thought I had to buy the CE to get a physical disc. I'd rather have one for PS5, but that PS4 + free upgrade is good enough for me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If the PS4 disc (that's widely available) also upgrades to the PS5 version then I see no problem.

Would've probably just stuck the PS4 disc in the CE honestly to stop people feeling like they're left out but whatever.

It's functionally the same.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Man, putting a white stripe on those boxes must cost some serious bank. :p

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
If the PS4 disc (that's widely available) also upgrades to the PS5 version then I see no problem.

Yup, orders are already going up at a variety of retailers. It'd be nice to get the definitive version as a preference, but it'd be more of a minor annoyance than anything notable for me personally.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That physical Xbox version is never going to come out. Undertale and Scott Pilgrim on Xbox physical are MIA as well. Either MS was open to more smaller prints at one time & changed their mind or is waiting on getting access to another factory or something before they allow them.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
That's a costly edition but I would imagine the value should go up over the years if one plans to not open it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
That physical Xbox version is never going to come out. Undertale and Scott Pilgrim on Xbox physical are MIA as well. Either MS was open to more smaller prints at one time & changed their mind or is waiting on getting access to another factory or something before they allow them.

It's a lot of cases of first-time companies (for Xbox physical) jumping through production hoops to learn the process. Mid-sized publishers have already locked that down and you're going to see smaller distributors make movements on that pretty soon as well.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

I think Xbox has always been a stickler about minimum printing amounts. That's why Shovel Knight never got a physical Xbox release.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Now i have to buy that collector's not super happy seriously.... not a fan of free ps4 upgrade on long term....

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, never mind. I recall it at least not launching physically with PS4, Wii U, and 3DS.

Yup, you're right as the initial release was cancelled on Xbox—the Treasure Trove was published in late 2019 as a follow-up release that did get an Xbox disc. That was around the time folk started to notice smaller publishers beginning to release Xbox discs all of a sudden; it was on of the first hints we got that something had changed with minimum print quantities.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Partnering with iam8shit for this as well as the vinyl feels so against the spirit of the game.

Neat of them to include the full art book digitally in the standard edition but they still need to release the hardback separately. The price on the CE is stupid.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
No standard PS5 ver.? Bummer.

Do we have any updates on the NSW version and if that will also have a physical print or not?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any links to retailers with the standard edition up?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Side question...is the game replayable? I beat it once, loved it but am thinking - if I was to opt for a different approach to things, will the game play out radically differently? Enough to warrant another go?

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a lot of cases of first-time companies (for Xbox physical) jumping through production hoops to learn the process. Mid-sized publishers have already locked that down and you're going to see smaller distributors make movements on that pretty soon as well.

MS doesn't make it easy for them.

Update: now sold separately on iam8bit

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the standard PS5 version now has its own standalone. Exclusive to iam8bit though

www.iam8bit.com

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (PlayStation 5) - iam8bit Exclusive Edition

Playstation 5 Physical Edition ZA/UM Release Disco Elysium. Region Free Worldwide Compatibility. iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Don't know how I missed this, as I was not aware that there was going to be an Xbox series x version of the game. Excited for sounds like will be 4K 60 frames a second!

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Looks like the standard PS5 version now has its own standalone. Exclusive to iam8bit though

www.iam8bit.com

Playstation 5 Physical Edition ZA/UM Release Disco Elysium. Region Free Worldwide Compatibility. iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.
Damn, that was fast!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want DLC that maxes out all my stats so I can play again in an overpowered state.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

www.iam8bit.com

Cool! I wanted to wait soon but I can wait January-February for it.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Does the Switch version have touch screen support? I've actually been waiting to play this for a physical console release like I do with most games, but I haven't kept up.

I guess if it doesn't run well on switch I'd grab it on PS4/5 or Xbox, but from what I imagine touch input would be helpful?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So still nothing on Xbox and switch physical? Not that big of a deal, I guess but.. Weird. I'm a bit surprised that all of this is new to limited run games on Xbox still. I thought they'd been doing it for a while. But perhaps I'm not surprised that Xbox isn't going all out for physical releases nowadays lol.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
So still nothing on Xbox and switch physical? Not that big of a deal, I guess but.. Weird. I'm a bit surprised that all of this is new to limited run games on Xbox still. I thought they'd been doing it for a while. But perhaps I'm not surprised that Xbox isn't going all out for physical releases nowadays lol.
The standard edition for Xbox is up on a couple places so far. I see it on Best Buy (USA) and Amazon UK.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

www.iam8bit.com

Yay. Still trying to decide if I want Switch or PS5, but glad this option is available finally. Sure beats spending >200 for a statue that I will never use.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just bought the physical PS4 version which launched yesterday, which is indicated to come with a free PS5 upgrade. However, the disc only installs the PS4 version. Anyone know how to go about getting the Ps5 version?

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just bought the physical PS4 version which launched yesterday, which is indicated to come with a free PS5 upgrade. However, the disc only installs the PS4 version. Anyone know how to go about getting the Ps5 version?
It seems like it is a known problem. I have it, and I think everyone with a Ps4 disc has it.

Its quite a bummer if you ask me. I waited to get the physical edition and I can't upgrade it yet so I have the game sitting on my shelf until they fix this.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It seems like it is a known problem. I have it, and I think everyone with a Ps4 disc has it.

Its quite a bummer if you ask me. I waited to get the physical edition and I can't upgrade it yet so I have the game sitting on my shelf until they fix this.
I am considering returning my copy and getting the PS5 version exclusive to iam8bit

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am considering returning my copy and getting the PS5 version exclusive to iam8bit

I was thinking of doing that but anecdotally I've heard nothing but bad things about iam8bit (super late deliveries, defective and damaged items etc.). Also, with shipping + conversion, the price would have been a bit more expensive for me as opposed to just buying the physical from retail, who only appear to have the PS4 disc with upgrade. But now the upgrade doesn't even work so its just a lame situation all around.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I was thinking of doing that but anecdotally I've heard nothing but bad things about iam8bit (super late deliveries, defective and damaged items etc.). Also, with shipping + conversion, the price would have been a bit more expensive for me as opposed to just buying the physical from retail, who only appear to have the PS4 disc with upgrade. But now the upgrade doesn't even work so its just a lame situation all around.
Oof. I'll keep my copy sealed and hope the ps4 situation resolves itself. Otherwise, I'll just grab the digital and hope the PS5 physical is discounted some day.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
The PS4 disc upgrade issue has now been resolved! I was able to upgrade today at last.