KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Let my cousin borrow my OG PS4 (although at this point, I've essentially abandoned it with him, but his son uses it for Fortnite and Warzone, so whatever), and immediately after I got my PS5, I used my PS4 Pro in the living room with Remote Play to play PS5 games there. Seemed to work really well with that, but especially near launch, I wanted to use the Dualsense more (and I don't think you can with the Remote Play app on PS4, even on PS5 games?), so I eventually I stopped using it, and I just tucked it away on a shelf.

I believe it's on an old enough firmware that I can hack it if I want, and I wanted to try out some of the Bloodborne hacks to see how it works with those, but haven't given it a shot. I did actually pull it out the other night though, as when I went to play Fallout 4 for the new update, I realized I never transfered the cloud save over, and I just let my PS+ sub expire, so the only way to continue was to grab a thumb drive and transfer the saves manually. Booted up just fine, grabbed the saves, and back on the shelf it went.

I definitely have a problem though, as I have 3 PS3's (one hacked slim that was a replacement for my ylod og, and two refurb slims that I got for $2 a piece through PlayStations defunct retailer benefit program, one still in its box), and then I've got two PS2's around here somewhere as well (plus a Vita and PSP). I learned my lesson after regretting selling my Jungle Green N64 back in grade school to a friend, so I just keep my old consoles/handhelds around now. Also just got an Xbox 360 and an Xbone from a different cousin because he said they were broken (they both work fine!). No idea what to do with them though, as I don't have any games for them.

Cathode Ray

Mar 30, 2024
NYC
The OG PS4 (not even the Slim or the Pro) is the only one that can output 480p, so I was using it with a downscaler to get 240p/480i onto a CRT.

Now that the newer scalers don't really need 480p and can work just as well at 720p, I'm probably going to sell it locally.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I traded my PS4 in when PS4 Pro came out, PS4 Pro got traded in the day before PS5 came out. PS5 will be gone if/when a PS5 Pro launches.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I know this topic isn't targeted towards me, but I went from PS4 to PC but still use my PS4 for games I didn't want to rebuy on PC. There's also games like ONRUSH that never got ported to PC, and Melty Blood Type Lumina which has worse netcode on PC.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I sold my ps4 pro a year before the ps5 released. I have sold my regular Switch already.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Stores here have trade in promos that take off a chunk of the cost of a new console if you have a working old model. I traded in my PS4 Pro when I bought the PS5 and saved myself the trouble of storing a useless thing.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
My PS4 Pro plays region A blu-rays.

giphy.gif

Pliskin

Jun 16, 2021
It still has PT installed. A relic in my closet. Maybe I'll sell it in 30 years and make millions of dollars.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
As soon as I knew PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 I sold my Pro. Same with Xbox One X.

parski

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 13, 2017
Both are in my wardrobe. Thinking of modding my PS4. Not thinking at all about my Xbox One.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I sold my children's One X when I bought them a Series S. I was going to sell the X1 VCR with Kinect too, but the fetching price on offer is obviously quite low and I actually like a few of the Kinect titles I still have for it, so will keep it around.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Sold my PS4Pro before PS5 arrived - like 9 month before PS5 release. Made sure all the games I wanted to play were covered and sold it. Bridge the time with Stadis (RIP) and a cloud PC named Shadow - which made me fall in love with PC gaming again. By now I even sold my PS5 and now I'm a PC/Switch guy. Might return for PS6 though, we will see.

PS_Snake

Jun 11, 2023
Kept it. Not making the same mistake I did as a teenager and sell/get rid of my consoles while they still work or could potentially work with some tinkering.

Plus I collect PlayStation consoles so would be silly to ruin that at this point.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
My PS4 mostly just collects dust, but it sits in my rig because it looks pretty good (it's a limited edition), or for the occasional visit who wants to experience P.T. by themselves.

DeciderVT

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Put the One X into the storage cupboard when I got the Series X. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, aesthetically it's the best console MS has ever produced. Thinking about setting it up in our living room as a BC machine as the cloud saves mean I can go between it and the Series X seamlessly.

Oct 25, 2017
My base ps4 I turn on like every 2 months. It's mostly a visual novel machine that I use while I'm laying in bed.

Ps4 pro is still used frequently, as I don't feel like transferring saves and whatever the fuck else from my external to my ps5.

One X is still used daily because smart delivery is a fucking game changer, and I hope this is one lesson Sony can take from MS

Original Xbox One is in a closet in my game room, because it literally had no use after I finished whatever Kinect games I had left.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
After getting my Series S I stopped using my PS4 and only kept it as a blu ray player. So when I got my Series X during black friday I sold both.

Last edited:

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I sold my PS4 Pro to a buddy of mine a few months before the release of the PS5.

I sold my Xbox One after i was finished with with Sunset Overdrive.

I'll sell my PS5 before i get a PS5 Pro.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Sold it shortly after transferring my data on PS5 launch day.

Why do some keep it in their closet while also saying they will never, ever use it again? I'm glad I got rid of my collector/hoarder mentality early.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i still use the PS4 for blu-ray movies since the PS5's player is worse and i don't want to wear down the PS5 much.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 pro is still hooked up, it still gets occasional use even with my PS5. Using it for the following:

• Rock Band (Got too many songs across multiple accounts, don't want to deal with that hassle for the PS5)
  • PSVR 1 (One or two games don't work on the PS5, but mostly it saves space on the SSD)
  • PS2 games (The emulator is notoriously spotty on the PS5)
  • PT (duh)
  • Final Fantasy XV demos (also duh)
So, it still has a dedicated use. Don't use it as often as I should, but it does still get used.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is in it's box, in storage
PS4 Pro is under the TV still, for now (Soon to join it's little brother in storage)
PS3 Japanese B/C model still under the TV of course!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'm usually too lazy to sell my old consoles so I usually just give them away within the family.
Once my kids are old enough to play games I guess they'll just go to them.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Shelved both of them.
Keeping my PS4 because it has PT on it.
Also keeping the XB1 because technically speaking I'm borrowing it for an indefinite period of time from a friend.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Pro is still under my TV because I am too lazy to shelve it. Can't really sell it either because I have liquid metal modded it to reduce the airplane engine noises it made. Haven't booted that thing in like 3 years.

The spot will however be taken by a Switch 2 as soon as that thing releases. My PS5 is exiled behind my TV until the end of time, because it be ugly.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
we got ReBuy here in Germany. will get you less than selling on eBay maybe, but it's hassle free. describe the condition on website, get an offer, send the device in for free and get your money.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sold my Xbox One because Microsoft managed to get the Series X more or less 100% backwards compatible. Put the PS4 in a closet because a few PS4 games have issues on the PS5 and some cool stuff isn't BC. Unique demos and Robinson: The Journey from my memory.