cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
You created a scenario where Ms would downplay Sony by saying we have that too. In what world? In fact it's the opposite
And you saying that makes it true? In what world? In fact it's the opposite. lol. No but, what would you do as MS (or Sony)? "Yea, those are great features, we're doomed." Lol. No! For the people saying "oh this means that MS can't say raytracing and get any reaction", well no, they're wrong. I don't pretend to know what either company is going to do. But, MS can still confirm that they have the same features, and treat it like an "of course we have that". It would be a great play for the xbox faithful, while setting up further teasing to push the game forward. Sony will certainly respond, but I find it interesting that you're trying your hardest to downplay MS hen you have no info on either side lol

Oct 27, 2017
Lol are you serious right now? Sony is their biggest competitor, you must be from lala land if you think ms don't care.
Why should a bare bones article revealing a handful of details Microsoft probably already had an idea about bother them?

Lol indeed. And while Sony is a competitor, their focus on GamePass and xCloud takes them in another direction that makes Google and Amazon (eventually) just as big, if not bigger, competitors than Sony.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Microsoft 100% do NOT need to respond to this. Sony are clearly the ones shitting their pants and are trying to bait microsoft into revealing everything. Sure they revealed a couple of things but we dont know the teraflops number and we dont even know the amount of ram. They clearly hope microsoft show everything and can then makes changes at the last minute to try and catch microsoft out. Microsoft should continue business as usual.

Hahaha oh snap, I love that shit.

Another rough gen incoming for some.

Psykodoughboy

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
And you saying that makes it true? In what world? In fact it's the opposite. lol. No but, what would you do as MS (or Sony)? "Yea, those are great features, we're doomed." Lol. No! For the people saying "oh this means that MS can't say raytracing and get any reaction", well no, they're wrong. I don't pretend to know what either company is going to do. But, MS can still confirm that they have the same features, and treat it like an "of course we have that". It would be a great play for the xbox faithful, while setting up further teasing to push the game forward. Sony will certainly respond, but I find it interesting that you're trying your hardest to downplay MS hen you have no info on either side lol
Lol Ms is literally going to have the same specs, but the narrative matters way more than you think.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They can definitely guess, and luckily for them they are both working with the same partner for the silicone. Now obviously I do not expect AMD to share information between competitors, if you get creative with how you ask the question verbally and not on paper then you can lock down fundamentals.

"so if we pay you to design and manufacture this silicone for our new console, can we be confident that this will be the most powerful custom SOC to be used in a console"

AMD " you can be confident that this will be the most powerful SOC to be used in a games console"

MS: "thank you"

Ram and other things like design are a different kettle of fish though. Son'y number one thing they need to do to sell me on the PS5 is to talk about noise levels. I booted up my ps4 for the first time ina while last night and playing dreams was awful on my ears.
I strongly doubt the contract AMD signed would have such an easy loophole to get info on the other. AMD would just jeopardize their deal by giving out info to the other too, so pretty unlikely they have the same people handle both Sony and MS to avoid that sort of stuff.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why should a bare bones article revealing a handful of details Microsoft probably already had an idea about bother them?

Lol indeed. And while Sony is a competitor, their focus on GamePass and xCloud takes them in another direction that makes Google and Amazon (eventually) just as big, if not bigger, competitors than Sony.
It's not just about what's in this article though, if Sony can have an advantage interms of hardware and price it competitively and ms just sit on planet Mars going about their own business we are going to see another repeat of last gen.

Sony can easily combat gamepas they have much better content than ms, they can blow them out of the water if they wanted tomorrow, nothing that ms is doing with gamepass is anything that Sony can't do.

They have psnow to combat xcloud, unlike xcloud it is actually a service that is available to consumers and growing, they just released to more territories in Europe recently. If streaming takes off you can bet Sony will start upping their game with psnow.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
That would be a clear NDA breach, and violate legal business practices.

Like, this isn't even a question.
Even besides being a legal concern, there is no faster way to lose a partner than showing you can't be trusted with secrets. Especially since Microsoft is also playing all sides between Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Qualcomm. Showing that these sorts of confidentiality agreements don't matter to you is a big deal when all these companies are entrusting their secrets to you as well.

Lol Ms is literally going to have the same specs, but the narrative matters way more than you think.
Sounds like we agree.

Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft 100% do NOT need to respond to this. Sony are clearly the ones shitting their pants and are trying to bait microsoft into revealing everything. Sure they revealed a couple of things but we dont know the teraflops number and we dont even know the amount of ram. They clearly hope microsoft show everything and can then makes changes at the last minute to try and catch microsoft out. Microsoft should continue business as usual.
giphy.gif

Posts like this are why I love coming to this forum.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Sony intentionally released information about the PS5 today to undercut Microsoft's upcoming E3 announcement. And they did a fantastic job, leaving Microsoft in a interesting spot.

Sony just said enough about the technical specs to ensure Microsoft will have a difficult time with a "we are better/faster" message. Sony said CPU = 8 core Zen 2, GPU = custom Navi, Raytracing support, 8K support, Backwards compatibility, superfast SSD, and VR support.

Microsoft won't be able to do much more than a "me too" message at E3, unless they are prepared to release more technical details than Sony. Even then, there is no way to ensure Microsoft's spec will actually be better than Sony's. Remember, Microsoft thought Xbox One was going to be equal to or better than PS4. That proved to be a false hope.

Perfectly expressed. This impromptu announcement was well timed...

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
It's not just about what's in this article though, if Sony can have an advantage interms of hardware and price it competitively and ms just sit on planet Mars going about their own business we are going to see another repeat of last gen.

Sony can easily combat gamepas they have much better content than ms, they can blow them out of the water if they wanted tomorrow, nothing that ms is doing with gamepass is anything that Sony can't do.

They have psnow to combat xcloud, unlike xcloud it is actually a service that is available to consumers and growing, they just released to more territories in Europe recently. If streaming takes off you can bet Sony will start upping their game with psnow.

Sorry but like the majority of people say outside of the gaming bubble. Content is much cheaper to make than investing in cloud infrastructure. Data Centers cost $1 Billion to make, It's a lot of money, so we will likely never see Sony going alone in this market. Like Epic, buying exclusives, games and studios is much much cheaper.

So no, Content isn't a gap that is hard to close.

Microsoft, Google, Amazon will likely go the Epic Games route and buy studios and exclusives games for their services.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
They promised to retain the horsepower crown they obtained with the X but, at the same time, they need for xCloud to keep pace with Stadia

So far MS has been positioning xCloud as a mobile first initiative, not all in one solution like Stadia. Their messaging will be pretty different, especially since xCloud is currently based on the Xbox One S and will likely be based on the Lockhart in a couple years while Stadia is using a high end AMD GPU that essentially offers 10 TF per user.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry but like the majority of people say outside of the gaming bubble. Content is much cheaper to make than investing in cloud infrastructure. Data Centers cost $1 Billion to make, It's a lot of money, so we will likely never see Sony going alone in this market. Like Epic, buying exclusives, games and studios is much much cheaper.

Microsoft, Google, Amazon will likely go the Epic Games route and buy studios and exclusives games for their services.
Amazon, Google and MS will all very likely sell access to their data centers. It'll probably cost Sony more to run, but not to set up, balancing it out.
PlayStation can buy exclusives too, not sure what your point is there. PlayStation is far more valuable to Sony than the gaming wings of Amazon, MS and Google our to their corporations too, meaning Sony would throw a fuck load at it to save their golden goose.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Why do people keep saying "specs"? These are not specs. These are vague hints about features that the devkit has. There is a good possibility that even the things mentioned in the interview will change multiple times before the console is even released.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you think that Microsoft would ever launch without a disk drive? The cost is minimal, and it ensures that they have a very strong retail presence. People love being able to use their system as a DVD/BluRay player as well.

And at what point was it decided that the new revision of the Switch would be 4K capable?

A lot of this speculation just reads like someone throwing darts at a wall full of ideas.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
I agree, I don't understand why anyone would think a disc drive less console would bring about crazy savings on the price.

Feb 10, 2018
No rush.
At E3 2019 I would just match sony's info and add a little more like, More detail on BC, explain the 2 sku approach and show some cross gen games running on Anaconda, with an in engine teaser of a next gen game.
If they did that they would put the ball back in sony's court without giving out sensitive info like gpu tflops, ram details and price.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It's true that MS engineers stepped their game up bigly mid-cycle. But launch PS4 was such a marvel I remember reading an interview circa-2013 with some Xbox exec doubting the reveal hardware was real because you couldn't see any holes for ventilation.

To be fair, the launch Xbox One was entirely silent, more so than even the S and X models, and built to be turned on 24/7. The launch PS4... yeah.

Why would you think that Microsoft would ever launch without a disk drive? The cost is minimal, and it ensures that they have a very strong retail presence. People love being able to use their system as a DVD/BluRay player as well.

And at what point was it decided that the new revision of the Switch would be 4K capable?

A lot of this speculation just reads like someone throwing darts at a wall full of ideas.

Nobody is launching without an optical disc drive. Microsoft might offer a dicless SKU as an option, that's what they're experimenting with now, but the main unit is most likely going to be quite traditional in that sense. They haven't even announced any disc exchange program for the new S model, it's not a huge part of their strategy.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imo, Sony needs PS5 to be a hit for years to come much more so then MS needs XBOX to be a success.
So I can see Sony going "all in" so to speak especially as they dont have the server farms for cloud gaming easily available like MS does. Fun times ahead.

On topic: MS will stick to its plan.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That would be a clear NDA breach, and violate legal business practices.

Like, this isn't even a question.

Do you think companies with a strong relationship do not speak like this verbally when in face to face meetings and not in writing?

Like a relationship where your entire Azure server business is based on AMD EPYC cpus?

Of course they would never put it in writing but man.

This is exactly what business conversations go like. I've witnessed it. Not with MS personally but I've witnessed it.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt gamers would care if one system loads in 1 sec and the other loads in 3 seconds. I think the only game changer in next generation is PSVR2.

This legit sounds like something someone who doesn't have an SSD would say.

You should get an SSD.

I put Destiny 2 on one recently and I load into everything faster than my fireteams, it's great.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I expect something similar to how the X was revealed as Project Scorpio. While it may seem like a missed opportunity for a full reveal, I don't think Microsoft would risk showing it off too soon.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Do you think companies with a strong relationship do not speak like this verbally when in face to face meetings and not in writing?

Like a relationship where your entire Azure server business is based on AMD EPYC cpus?

Of course they would never put it in writing but man.

This is exactly what business conversations go like. I've witnessed it. Not with MS personally but I've witnessed it.

This is not how you handle client privacy in any proper business. It's basically fanfiction at this point.

Captain_Raoul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where was I dismissing Sony? Wth. My point is that this "reveal" hasn't nearly shown all of Sony's cards and doesn't nearly show all of MS's cards either. There is "pressure" in the sense that they announced anything at all. But not really in terms of the actual content shared. That's the point. Nowhere did I say Sony don't have cloud or AI or thermal tech (lol), my point is that there are still PLENTY of things for everyone else to say. My console preferences are clear, but you can maybe stop being so defensive and lumping "you guys" altogether. Calm yourself

But the weird thing around here is that people think Microsoft is going beyond Sony with the Xbox? I don't get where get this info from? Just wishful think and some dreams? Looks like xbox fans can't handle if the PS5 will be more powerful in the end. I do notsee Microsoft going beyond 14,2/7 TF for an affordable price.

In fact, it's nothing more then the Windows Store with another name an subscription model on top of it. Same as what PSNow download already is. PSNow will Definitely get a big overhaul before next-gen starts.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
But the weird thing around here is that people think Microsoft is going beyond Sony with the Xbox? I don't get where get this info from? Just wishful think and some dreams? Looks like xbox fans can't handle if the PS5 will be more powerful in the end. I do notsee Microsoft going beyond 14,2/7 TF for an affordable price.
This is on both sides. I am sure whatever MS announce will be really damn good. It might be better than what Sony launch with, it might be worse. After what MS did with the 1X, I don't see them playing a console generation where they don't have the most powerful system. Heaven knows Sony marketed the hell out of having the best system (For a short while).

Some act like only Cerny can ever come up with interesting tech but MS have proved they can also, so once we finally get some solid specs for both, we can all cheer/cry for whatever system we support.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

In fact, it's nothing more then the Windows Store with another name an subscription model on top of it. Same as what PSNow download already is. PSNow will Definitely get a big overhaul before next-gen starts.
Fair question.. But you know, have you asked the exact same question back to yourself? Where are you getting the info that Sony will go beyond the Xbox? I think it's fully possible. Why? All we know is the general architecture, unless you somehow know actual specs for PS5 (not sure what 14,2/7 means..?). PS4 Pro and One X have the same architecture, but One X is clocked higher with a better thermal solution. The same could happen here. I'm not stupid enough to say it DEFINITELY WILL happen, but it's certainly possible (whether you see it coming or not). This is doubly true since the 2 sku strategy, for better or worse, allows Xbox to reach for a little bit higher on the expensive end - not too much, though.

Yea, I expect Sony will put some work into PS Now. Like they have been. Not there yet, but it's doable. I expect MS will put some work into PC Gaming. Like they have been. Not there yet, but it's doable.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Basing the next xbox to have higher specs because XBX did is weird. It released a year later and $100 more expensive. Like what do you expect?

It's much more reasonable to say they'll be close to each other in specs, date of release and price.

Captain_Raoul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair question.. But you know, have you asked the exact same question back to yourself? Where are you getting the info that Sony will go beyond the Xbox? I think it's fully possible. Why? All we know is the general architecture, unless you somehow know actual specs for PS5 (not sure what 14,2/7 means..?). PS4 Pro and One X have the same architecture, but One X is clocked higher with a better thermal solution. The same could happen here. I'm not stupid enough to say it DEFINITELY WILL happen, but it's certainly possible (whether you see it coming or not). This is doubly true since the 2 sku strategy, for better or worse, allows Xbox to reach for a little bit higher on the expensive end - not too much, though.

Yea, I expect Sony will put some work into PS Now. Like they have been. Not there yet, but it's doable. I expect MS will put some work into PC Gaming. Like they have been. Not there yet, but it's doable.

I have never said Sony is going beyond Microsoft. Those consoles will be same with CPU/GPU. Only thing we don't know is what exclusive features they will bring to those hardware. Some of you around already have some nonsense facts as if Microsoft will definitely will go beyond whatever Sony will release. Since when do they have the control over their competitor at this stage?

Phil can talk all he want, but that won't make them the new leader. Content will be the most important prt next-gen with all those services. Let's see what they will bring, i don't think Sony will release the PS5 specs anytime soon.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is on both sides. I am sure whatever MS announce will be really damn good. It might be better than what Sony launch with, it might be worse. After what MS did with the 1X, I don't see them playing a console generation where they don't have the most powerful system. Heaven knows Sony marketed the hell out of having the best system (For a short while).

Some act like only Cerny can ever come up with interesting tech but MS have proved they can also, so once we finally get some solid specs for both, we can all cheer/cry for whatever system we support.
what did x exactly tell us?that MS can create a better console a year later , 100$ more expensive? this is more akin to xbox1 and ps4, where PS4 wa cheaper but 40% stronger .they will launch around same time but this time sony is upping the price. so same time ,same price. they will be extremely close to one another

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
what did x exactly tell us?that MS can create a better console a year later , 100$ more expensive? this is more akin to xbox1 and ps4, where PS4 wa cheaper but 40% stronger .they will launch around same time but this time sony is upping the price. so same time ,same price. they will be extremely close to one another

X showed MS can engineer the best tech out there. Many people thought MS would slowly drop out of hardware (fanboy wishful thinking) and instead the made the 1X and Kickstarted the MS focus on consoles that are powerful and fully featured. Not the half-baked Pro release.

I do agree that they will probably be similar in spec, unless they choose to go with different providers. End of the day it will come down to services and games and I don't see MS wanting to loose on the games front anymore and they services are already top tier.

It will be a fun next few months, no matter what side people fall. Unless you fall on the Atari Jaguar side...

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
X showed MS can engineer the best tech out there. Many people thought MS would slowly drop out of hardware (fanboy wishful thinking) and instead the made the 1X and Kickstarted the MS focus on consoles that are powerful and fully featured. Not the half-baked Pro release.

I do agree that they will probably be similar in spec, unless they choose to go with different providers. End of the day it will come down to services and games and I don't see MS wanting to loose on the games front anymore and they services are already top tier.

It will be a fun next few months, no matter what side people fall. Unless you fall on the Atari Jaguar side...
ofcourse. they are both competent tech giants . both consoles will be great as long as they go for the 499 price and take a bit of loss on it initially . i m sure of it.

Captain_Raoul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And Sony showed from the start they had the best hardware and specs this gen with the PS4. It's just like Microsoft just saw the light after 15 years. Do people really think that Sony is not capable anymore after the Pro..lol?

Microsoft had to come up with something to go over the Pro because otherwise it would be the end for them anyway. Am glad that Sony is focusing on the next generation and has allowed the current one to continue like this.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017

Content is cheaper to make. But GOOD content is a lot harder. Something that MS has been struggling with.

Also, investing in cloud infrastructure is not hard for a corporation like Sony. Not hard at all. They don't make data centers. They just rent it and scale it with demand. For Sony this is easy. And they have the content thing on lock. They are not worried.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017

But isn't the X actually the PS4 template, only more CU's? Is it really that big a engineering marvel when the Ps4 did this years earlier? The X is just... more. Also the Pro wasn't "half baked". It was launched a year earlier AND at a cheaper price point. It has a different place in the market than the X.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But isn't the X actually the PS4 template, only more CU's? Is it really that big a engineering marvel when the Ps4 did this years earlier? The X is just... more. Also the Pro wasn't "half baked". It was launched a year earlier AND at a cheaper price point. It has a different place in the market than the X.

What? o.O

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017

I'm not a technical guy. Pretty much a tech noob. This is not a troll thing. I just thought in terms of spec it was same Cpu with higher clock, same memory setup as ps4 but more, and more CU's? If i got that wrong, sorry. But this is my perception of the X. It did have some cool cooling, that i do know.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know whether or not Xbox will beat the PS5 in specs, but I do find it odd that the discourse is that Sony has hit the next gen buzzword bingo, and that there are no more worth marketing XD. I think Sony did a great, but still VERY strange and (honestly somewhat underwhelming), PR thing yesterday. They indeed are getting first dibs on lots of great concepts (who knows how much play these will get in the broader scheme of things really, though). But slick marketing works both ways.

Phil or Mike or Kareem gets on stage and dismissively goes "Oh an SSD? Sure, we have that. Raytracing? Yep, you got it. Here, why don't you take VR with any PC VR headset, too. Backwards Compatibility? Who do you think you're talking to!" "Now, let's talk about the actually exciting stuff..."

Now, of course, Sony has more to share. But this "reveal" didn't even hit all the bullet points of the Scorpio let alone the next box. We know nothing about thermals, for example - not even something vague like "liquid cooling" or "vapor chamber". I'm 100% certain that Sony already knows their cooling solution, if not fully engineered it. No mention of how PS5 will work with the cloud. No mention of Ai or machine learning. Trust me, there are still plenty PLENTY of buzzwords on the table for any company to pick up. Let's not ignore Google (and Amazon and Apple?) in the wings too.
This... also they dont need Phil, Mike or Kareem to talk about Scarlet..Just get Panos Panay on stage. That guy knows his stuff, he knows how to talk about hardware, the buzzwords, he is very interesting to watch..

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

Well it your basically right, but it doesn't have a different place in the market. Both are aimed at gamers willing to spend more that have a 4K.

I've said it before, but the Pro is and was a much smarter and better console marketing/sales wise. It's cheaper, it came out earlier and Sony is able to market 4K with it. All the mainstream sees is 2 boxes that are both capable of playing games in 4K. They're not gonna look up the resolutions per game and they sure as hell aren't gonna see some mind boggling difference between 2160cb/dynamic res and native 2160p.

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia
Probably ms gonna play wait and see game

let sony unveil their console first, then later ms launch their version with better specs, like how their xbox one x is...the catch is, if they actually follow this route, might be delay their launch for awhile.. im not suprise if ms reveal their console at E3 without any detailed specs..or they saving it up for another event later

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably ms gonna play wait and see game

let sony unveil their console first, then later ms launch their version with better specs, like how their xbox one x is...the catch is, if they actually follow this route, might be delay their launch for awhile.. im not suprise if ms reveal their console at E3 without any detailed specs..or they saving it up for another event later
all of your info is incorrect.

PS4 was revealed first and it was 40%stronger than X1.

X1X was revealed first and was 40% stronger than Pro.

it has nothing to do with who reveals first but who set goals from beginning to make a strong console for 399/499 and take loss on top. they started making these consoles since 2015 .not yesterday. they cant change everything in few months

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Console wars starting to finally heat up again 😂

They'll probably mention something at e3 but I think they should try and focus on showing what their new studios are working on as well as new games for their stable of tried and true ips. They've basically flipped the script on Sony's 4theplayers the backend of this gen so should try and keep pushing that messaging as well as trying to reinforce that they have good first party too and they aren't just hardware.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019

it has nothing to do with who reveals first but who set goals from beginning to make a strong console for 399/499 and take loss on top. they started making these consoles since 2015 .not yesterday. they cant change everything in few months

Are you maybe thinking about the Xbox S?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Well it your basically right, but it doesn't have a different place in the market. Both are aimed at gamers willing to spend more that have a 4K.

I've said it before, but the Pro is and was a much smarter and better console marketing/sales wise. It's cheaper, it came out earlier and Sony is able to market 4K with it. All the mainstream sees is 2 boxes that are both capable of playing games in 4K. They're not gonna look up the resolutions per game and they sure as hell aren't gonna see some mind boggling difference between 2160cb/dynamic res and native 2160p.
You might be right. But the mainstream isn't buying the One X anyway. That's what the base consoles are for. One X has continued to have positive news stories, and I think the strategy really paid for Microsoft here. Not just because of sales, but because of mindshare. "You won't see a difference" matters less when you have YouTubers explaining in what ways Xbox One X is better, especially with channels dedicated to doing exactly this sort of analysis. Course, how much that matters at the end of the day? Who knows.

Mm, no not quite. The architecture of all the consoles has largely remained constant. One X changed in the sense that it didn't really rely on the ESRAM solution that the base console did. But, that's not what made it stand out. One X also packed in more CUs, more RAM, a better cooling solution, and generally a far more elegant engineering product overall. Design is up to the beholder, but I think most can agree the One X is the better engineered box over every other console this generation. Cost and time obviously play a role and explain why One X is more powerful, but I think the bigger point is that it just shows that MS can make good hardware. Period. Lots of people were doubting them even on that end for a while.

This... also they dont need Phil, Mike or Kareem to talk about Scarlet..Just get Panos Panay on stage. That guy knows his stuff, he knows how to talk about hardware, the buzzwords, he is very interesting to watch..
Panay is great. Not sure how he'd play on an Xbox stage, though lol. He's a little too... earnest.. haha.

I have never said Sony is going beyond Microsoft. Those consoles will be same with CPU/GPU. Only thing we don't know is what exclusive features they will bring to those hardware. Some of you around already have some nonsense facts as if Microsoft will definitely will go beyond whatever Sony will release. Since when do they have the control over their competitor at this stage?
Sure yea. I agree that they will be very very close. Sony will have some exclusive features that they will try to convince us are the most important (SSD implementation, probably) and MS will have spent their time their own features. That said, even with the same types of silicon, the design and output of those chips can still vary. But yea, probably won't matter that much in the end. The marketing will matter much more. In many ways even more than the content, I'd personally argue.

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia

sorry if i mistaken isnt xbox one x reveal around almost a year later after ps4 pro?

ps4 pro is 2016 while xbox one x 2017

and for ps4 they didnt announce the detailed spec during announcement, just showing how the controllers and games available, later next year they reveal all at E3 after MS unveil Xbox one

correct me if im wrong