• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Sounds like the Day 1 patch is likely to deal with the main issues, which is something I'd figure most people are used to by now. Just make sure not to grab the DLC before the game patches itself I guess. If you want to be super-safe, wait for another week or so for the other patches.

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first time playing Ys VIII despite being hyped as hell initially (I was waiting for the PC version, then when that apparently sucked, I waited for the Switch version). This game is much, much better than Seven and Memories of Celceta (as a huge Ys fan, I found those to be boring as hell).

The Switch version is okay. It's not unplayable or anything, but holy hell is it UUUGGGGLLLYY. It honestly reminds me of when I used to play Xenoblade on Wii on my 55 inch 1080p HD TV. Jaggies everywhere, hahahahahaha. It's actually pretty distracting, especially when you're in an area with lots of grass. The framerate is a little sketchy at times, but nothing that is that big of a deal.

Luckily the game isn't some amazing graphical power house so it's not that big of a deal.

I am still having tons of fun though. It's just a little sad because I know the Switch can do WAY more than this.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Seems like most of the bad mouth around the game was really overblown. The game is perfectly fine. Granted I did the first patches when I receive it. It took a few seconds and was finish easily , before I was ready to begin.
This is my first time playing Ys VIII despite being hyped as hell initially (I was waiting for the PC version, then when that apparently sucked, I waited for the Switch version). This game is much, much better than Seven and Memories of Celceta (as a huge Ys fan, I found those to be boring as hell).

The Switch version is okay. It's not unplayable or anything, but holy hell is it UUUGGGGLLLYY. It honestly reminds me of when I used to play Xenoblade on Wii on my 55 inch 1080p HD TV. Jaggies everywhere, hahahahahaha. It's actually pretty distracting, especially when you're in an area with lots of grass. The framerate is a little sketchy at times, but nothing that is that big of a deal.

Luckily the game isn't some amazing graphical power house so it's not that big of a deal.

I am still having tons of fun though. It's just a little sad because I know the Switch can do WAY more than this.
Every version of this game is "ugly"... it's just Ys.

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
It's ugly in the sense that it's very jaggy, which I assume isn't a problem that the PC and PS4 problems have (at least not to this extent), which was my point.
I don't understand. I must have aged differently because I fail to see a good part of what's being mentioned. I only noticed enemies behaving more slowly when far from the player. And maybe one or 2 rare weird effect during a scene.

I guess I should be happy I'm lucky not to notice.
But I saw someone compare it to Vita which is ridiculous. I finished the Vita version and it was something else. It wasn't looking as good as on the Switch (portable or docked)

Just saying it's certainly not the worst handled port on the system I think.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like most of the bad mouth around the game was really overblown. The game is perfectly fine. Granted I did the first patches when I receive it. It took a few seconds and was finish easily , before I was ready to begin.

Every version of this game is "ugly"... it's just Ys.
The PS4 and PC version certainly do not look ugly.