• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Verified a potential fix
  • OP
    OP
    killerrin

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
    Toronto
    I thought that happened to me on my note 20 ultra, but it turns out it was the buttonmapper app I had making the controls a virtual controller messing stuff up on Android 11 whereas it was fine on Android 10. Had to go to accessibility settings and disable controllermapper (or uninstall it). My Kishi works perfectly with the bonus of the home button not going to Android home anymore so it can be used within apps.

Thanks for this tip. I had an old button mapper app I had installed for my S8 to remap the Bigsby button, and since I did a straight transfer to my S20 from backup when I got the phone months ago the settings had transferred over. So I figured I'd go double check this.

I just went to go check up on my Accessibility settings and I saw I had everything already disabled (Other than LastPass which I need enabled). Though the button mappers were showing up on the list as disabled. I figured I'd try re-enabling them, restarting the phone, then disabling them again, then restarting again... And upon doing so my Kishi started working again!

So great news is I can now play games again. On the downside though this basically confirms that Google royally fucked up something to with their accessibility settings because I had to hard cycle them before it started working again.

Thanks so much for your help!