• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.atlus.co.jp/news/5854/

Click the download link on this page.

English Patch: https://twitter.com/Brento_Bento/status/920345007659270144?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1

There was an |OT| on this game at the old place, but wasn't one here. The game will no longer be available on 12/24 For those uniformed, this was a free game Atlus released developed by Ladybug studios. It's a 2D Metroidvania where you play as Jack Frost and Jack'o'lantern. It has some SMT mechanics like weaknesses and resistances. The artwork is beautiful, with 2D renditions of many demons throughout the SMT series.

Give this a try, you have nothing to lose!

Edit: whenever the official download goes down, here is a mirror. The game will never truly be gone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZWYXRk0SwXVjVaCpQBuo_Gn3CO9XghF/view

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for putting "PSA" in the title of the thread, so that I knew it was an announcement of information for public dissemination.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
This will probably be the only Megami Tensei game I'll have ever actually finished, but it was pretty fun. I should play the Konosuba game they made sometime. It's really dumb that this is a limited time download, but PC games are never truly lost.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
For some reason, I'm getting notable slowdown early on in this game. Is it just me. I have a 1080ti, among other high end parts, so I doubt it's my machine. I also get weird slowdown in a couple of other games as well, such as Dead Cells (unless I go to OpenGL version).

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread. It's crazy that Atlus didn't bother with a real digital service but, you know, Atlus.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For some reason, I'm getting notable slowdown early on in this game. Is it just me. I have a 1080ti, among other high end parts, so I doubt it's my machine. I also get weird slowdown in a couple of other games as well, such as Dead Cells (unless I go to OpenGL version).
One of your best chances at determining the source of your problem is checking the percentage of your CPU and GPU that are being used at the time the slowdown occurs. It might shed a light on either one being the problem or even neither. You have the latest drivers for your video card?

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks OP, I was planning on checking out other SMT/Persona stuff once I finish P5, so this is perfect

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Would love to but without a Mac version there's nothing I can't really play it. D: Unless someone made a Mac port? I don't see any on the download page at least, so I don't expect one but if they made one and it's just hidden that would be really nice

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy that they're pulling this game down like that. I've seen some positive comments in regards to it (haven't played the game myself, yet).

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone ends up crawling through this thread in the future and needs a quick download, here's a backed-up version of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZWYXRk0SwXVjVaCpQBuo_Gn3CO9XghF/view

It's version 1.04 (last version) with @Brento_Bento's English patch pre-applied. The Japanese language file is preserved with instructions (in a clearly labelled folder) to restore it if ever that's necessary.
Thanks! Added the link to the OP.

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that they're pulling this game down like that. I've seen some positive comments in regards to it (haven't played the game myself, yet).
I kind of wonder if it is a "pilot" game, hence it being called prologue. Maybe they will make a full retail game out of this idea.

I think the Prologue really refers to being a Prologue to Strange Journey though. This game was released to promote the release of Strange Journey Redux (Deep Strange Journey in Japan) in Japan. It also has all it's levels based on Strange Journey.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
If anyone ends up crawling through this thread in the future and needs a quick download, here's a backed-up version of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZWYXRk0SwXVjVaCpQBuo_Gn3CO9XghF/view

It's version 1.04 (last version) with @Brento_Bento's English patch pre-applied. The Japanese language file is preserved with instructions (in a clearly labelled folder) to restore it if ever that's necessary.
Thank you for sharing the backup.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017