daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I did a recent playthrough on PC. It's a bit stuttery but generally smooth if you turn on framegen. I had one crash (which caused me to create a thread on here about the game's poor save doctrine) but I've since learned that crash in that spot is pretty much guaranteed if you have RT turned on. Other than that I don't have many complaints.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Is this only on PC?

I played more than 40 hours of this on PS5 since launch, didn't have any issues or crashes. Was I just lucky?
its better on console, though their "fix" for performance issues there was removing rt with sledgehammer without adding any fallbacks

on pc its simply broken. don't know about the crashes, but regardless of how much brute force you throw at it, stutters like crazy. going in and out of cutscenes there are like 3-5 seconds stutter fests
they pretty much abandoned it in a broken state.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

PC patch candidate build had an update 3 days ago. So maybe not entirely abandoned?

Or is it just copium at this point.
They are presumably working on PS4/XBO versions and I'd expect something to come to PC as a result of this work so there will probably be another round of patches at some point.
Whether they will help with performance and bugs is a different matter though. So far all the patches were rather lacking in this, the best we've got is the DLSS3 integration.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
I've also been playing this on PS5 for about a month now and I've had no major issues whatsoever.
It's definitely janky, but no crashes or freezes of any kind in Performance Mode. Did have Greeze T-pose on me once, but it was only for a couple of seconds.
I like it a lot, better than the original even.

That said,
Spawn of Oggdo
is one of the worst bosses I've ever had the displeasure of facing.
Whoever thought that was a fair, balanced fight needs to reconsider their career.

So I can finally play the fucking game I bought on launch day now? Lucky for them there were great major releases at the time it launched so I could ignore it. But now I've played them all it's good to know it's in a playable state now.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I've also been playing this on PS5 for about a month now and I've had no major issues whatsoever.
It's definitely janky, but no crashes or freezes of any kind in Performance Mode. Did have Greeze T-pose on me once, but it was only for a couple of seconds.
I like it a lot, better than the original even.

That said,
Spawn of Oggdo
is one of the worst bosses I've ever had the displeasure of facing.
Whoever thought that was a fair, balanced fight needs to reconsider their career.

I had my one and only crash on PS5 after finally killing that boss, and subsequently found out that the game has no autosave whatsoever. I was only able to defeat it again by pulling the two big enemies above into the hole, and let them do most of the fighting.

Jan 29, 2018
I just started this on PS5 and in the first 3 hours I had one softlock, but no other issues. Cool game so far and it generally looks great.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I dont know,I played 60 hours of this on PS5 and had 1,one,huge bug and thats it...first time you go in the hallway to enter the Bar,the camera that pans got stuck so I had to walk around with that peculiar angle all the time,until I restarted.

EDIT: Just noticed this is a 4 month old thread,I think they had a few big patches since then.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
With frame gen now working on 3000 series cards, perhaps I'll pick this one up on a deep sale. Not worth over $20 at this rate, but hopefully it works well enough with frame gen.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I put about four hours into this so far in quality mode on the PS5. It has run at a solid 30 fps, and the 30 fps has felt great so far. Very smooth with no stuttering or frame pacing issues.

From what I've read quality mode on PS5 still apparently has huge performance issues where it drops down to 5-10 fps even after the latest patch? Where does this actually happen? Later in the game? I'm currently at the hub village with the cantina.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I put about four hours into this so far in quality mode on the PS5. It has run at a solid 30 fps, and the 30 fps has felt great so far. Very smooth with no stuttering or frame pacing issues.

From what I've read quality mode on PS5 still apparently has huge performance issues where it drops down to 5-10 fps even after the latest patch? Where does this actually happen? Later in the game? I'm currently at the hub village with the cantina.
Water bodies/rivers on Koboh. Specifically Riverbed Watch.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I'm like 25 hours into the game.

It has it's charms, still very stuttery on my 3070 even with VRR. I don't see frame gen helping here either. Koboh is the worst for performance, but other areas have their moments.

Surprisingly few bugs, had a few crashes last night, but updating my drivers seemed to solve it.

Outside of performance issues the game is fun, not the best voice acting and the AI for NPCs both friend and foe seem to forget what their doing from time to time. Sometimes enemies just stand still while I chop them or their buddies up.

I really wish they could polish these games up a bit more. Lies of P makes this game look amateur in a lot of ways.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I have an unopened PS5 copy but Im in the middle of Spider Man 2 but I still have copies of Alan Wake 2 and Avatar. Perhaps but the time I finish all three Star Wars will be in good shape or Outlaws will be our by then. ; )

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
Playing on PS5 and I am close to the end.
Apart of really bad stuttering and loading issues to the way of the lava area on Koboh and at the beginning of that area (was about 10 Minutes), two crashes and rare load stutters no issues in performance mode.

Considering the scope and graphics quality of the game this is forgivable.
If you're interested to play the game now, just do it.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
OK, now I have seen the huge frame drops when near large water surfaces when playing in quality mode.

It is kind of baffling that after a year they couldn't figure out any solution for this? I mean, it's obviously that the water shader is causing issues. There is really nothing they could do to optimize it? If the issue is that the ray tracing they are using on the shader is inefficient and they can't figure out how to optimize it better they should just make a non-ray traced shader for larger water surfaces when playing in quality mode. Having the weird edge of camera darkening effect on the shader you see in performance mode is a much better drawback than allowing the frame rate to drop into the 10 FPS range.

I imagine it would be a bit of work to go in and replace the problematic shaders instead of just brute forcing them all off like the did with performance mode, but still? The game sold gangbusters so it's not like they don't have some cash laying around they could use to fund the work. But then again, fuck them kids I guess?

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Lies of P makes this game look amateur in a lot of ways.

In terms of performance its incomparable. P is the best running soulslike on PC, like by far I think. Survivor pretty damn ambitious for a sequel though, and feels like a more complete game than the first one which was pretty good but really inconsistent with the quality of the later levels.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Took forever but finally runs great on PS5 at least, loved my time with it

Supple

Aug 1, 2022
NYC
I just picked up the game for cheap on PC. I have a 4090 FE. When can I expect all these issues people have been talking about?

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With my PC (3080ti intel 11k something), if I put my refresh at 60 through windows, game runs fine at 3440x1440 (and RT off because it can cause stutters).

ludough

Dec 22, 2023
I've played through the whole game recently and it was not as bad as I've expected. There are many traversal stutters and something is wrong with the shader compilation that occurs every time you start the game.
But it was not unplayable and I've had 4-5 crashes during my 28 hour playthrough. Dlss FG probably helped a lot.

I had a similar experience when I played it about 3 months ago, a few crashes but none that repeated.

I loved the game, but technically it is still in a pretty garbage state.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
OK, now I have seen the huge frame drops when near large water surfaces when playing in quality mode.

It is kind of baffling that after a year they couldn't figure out any solution for this? I mean, it's obviously that the water shader is causing issues. There is really nothing they could do to optimize it? If the issue is that the ray tracing they are using on the shader is inefficient and they can't figure out how to optimize it better they should just make a non-ray traced shader for larger water surfaces when playing in quality mode. Having the weird edge of camera darkening effect on the shader you see in performance mode is a much better drawback than allowing the frame rate to drop into the 10 FPS range.

I imagine it would be a bit of work to go in and replace the problematic shaders instead of just brute forcing them all off like the did with performance mode, but still? The game sold gangbusters so it's not like they don't have some cash laying around they could use to fund the work. But then again, fuck them kids I guess?
It's baffling why they have not found a solution for this yet.

Oct 25, 2017
www.ea.com

PATCH NOTES

Check out the latest updates to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

New patch out today

Looking forward to hearing impressions of this. And baffling how generally bad communication has been about these fixes in general. A simple "we've heard you on x specific issues and we're still committed to working on them" would've made me more interested in picking the game up on holiday sale. As it stands right now I have no idea if the game will be optimized enough for me to want to pick it up today or frankly even ever.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
is fixing the shaders precompilation step really complex or soemthing? How can it has such a lengthy PSO precompilation step and does nothing. Same with dead space which is their own inhouse engine

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
is fixing the shaders precompilation step really complex or soemthing? How can it has such a lengthy PSO precompilation step and does nothing. Same with dead space which is their own inhouse engine
Shader compilation has been mostly fixed long time ago. The game's problems now are related to data streaming (aka "traversal stutters") and the way the game is using CPU in large/dense areas where it seem to be hitting some unclear bottlenecks most likely related to bad CPU side rendering code.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Does patch 8 give a consistent 60 fps experience?

I have a 5600x/7800xt PC and i might be better off playing there but i'm unsure so far.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Does patch 8 give a consistent 60 fps experience?

I have a 5600x/7800xt PC and i might be better off playing there but i'm unsure so far.

On console? On Series X other than one or two spots of traversal stutter the game was completely smooth for me. But that was with VRR enabled.

Sure I had animation glitches, screen space reflection issues, and three hard freezes that cost me a bunch of progress, but of course a patch came out the week I finished that addressed two of those issues.

I'm unsure about the state of the PS5 version though.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I have an unopened PS5 copy but Im in the middle of Spider Man 2 but I still have copies of Alan Wake 2 and Avatar. Perhaps but the time I finish all three Star Wars will be in good shape or Outlaws will be our by then. ; )

I'm unsure about the state of the PS5 version though.

Put 68 hours into it starting from Christmas and I'd say it was mostly fine other than a few occasions where whole levels stopped loading in right in front of me, and the characters would frequently T-Pose when taking off in the cockpit of the Mantis. I also got stuck behind a wall that hadn't spawned and was then trapped there and had to restart.

I played the game across three PS5's and experienced these same issues.

No hard crashes or anything like that though.

Boopers

Nov 1, 2020
Vermont usa
It's been running pretty well for me (playing on PC), but there definitely is slowdown in the first world's open area. I've gotten used to it, so it's not much of a big deal to me. Other people obviously can't stand it.

Wonderful game so far. Really has exceeded my expectations. Just wish the performance was a bit more consistent.