Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
No, they never do. And I wouldn't want that full screen crap.
Very true, I'm actually quite happy the way it is and always been with my LG C8, it super smooth even compare to firestick 4k and chromecast with google tv. Especially the chromecast consider it just came out recently and runs worse than firestick 4k. Not like it is cheap neither.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FYI for anyone still interested, the LG CX OLED's are on sale at Costco again, through February 7th:

pLZtt87.png

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
FYI for anyone still interested, the LG CX OLED's are on sale at Costco again, through February 7th:

pLZtt87.png

UGH I literally just bought the 65" a few days ago. Still waiting on it to get delivered, in fact. Is Costco pretty good about retroactively applying sales discounts?

Edit: Apparently Costco will in fact honor price drops and promotions if they happen within 30 days of your purchase. Just gotta fill out a form.

Last edited:

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Anyone know if it's possible to do an image capture or a screenshot? Surely modern TVs have that in-built functionality, right?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I bought the 75" Samsung Q80T during Black Friday and I am not happy with it. I was going to return it to Costco and take a run at the 77" LG CX. The only reason I didn't go with the LG in the first place is because my living room has floor-to-ceiling windows on the west side of my building and there is a TON of light in here in the afternoon. Is the LG really that bad in bright rooms? The Samsung is supposed to have best-in-class reflection handling, but my wife complains about the glare on that set a lot, so I am worried the LG is going to be appreciably worse.

I have until the end of Feb to return the Samsung, so if there's a better option coming out post-CES that I can wait a few weeks for, I would be happy to do that.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
These sales are killing me since the 48" CX is the only one that would fit on my desk to replace my outdated 43" X800D. Prices on the larger set almost make me want to try to fit the 55" here, but I've done some measuring, and it'd be ridiculous, even if it's only 7" more diagonal. Makes a big difference.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
I bought the 75" Samsung Q80T during Black Friday and I am not happy with it. I was going to return it to Costco and take a run at the 77" LG CX. The only reason I didn't go with the LG in the first place is because my living room has floor-to-ceiling windows on the west side of my building and there is a TON of light in here in the afternoon. Is the LG really that bad in bright rooms? The Samsung is supposed to have best-in-class reflection handling, but my wife complains about the glare on that set a lot, so I am worried the LG is going to be appreciably worse.

I have until the end of Feb to return the Samsung, so if there's a better option coming out post-CES that I can wait a few weeks for, I would be happy to do that.

My setup has windows on 3/4 walls (one is a double window directly across from the CX) this was my primary concern as well. I'll say it's 100% ok with the blinds closed (cheap white blinds no blackout blinds or anything fancy). the CX is bright enough that I have no trouble viewing it during the day with 90% of content. When the content is very dark (think mines, caves, oceans and other light barren video game settings) it can become annoying. But, with as little as I play video games during the day and how amazing the picture on this TV is at night it's 100% worth imo. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering blackout curtains for the window across from the TV.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
My setup has windows on 3/4 walls (one is a double window directly across from the CX) this was my primary concern as well. I'll say it's 100% ok with the blinds closed (cheap white blinds no blackout blinds or anything fancy). the CX is bright enough that I have no trouble viewing it during the day with 90% of content. When the content is very dark (think mines, caves, oceans and other light barren video game settings) it can become annoying. But, with as little as I play video games during the day and how amazing the picture on this TV is at night it's 100% worth imo. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering blackout curtains for the window across from the TV.
Thank you very much for this. I need blackout curtains with the set I have now, so I am not too worried about that.