• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Searched and couldn't find any previous threads about this.

Apparently physical games can be redeemed for Nintendo Gold Points if they were released no later than 2 years ago. EDIT: Apparently this is only for EU, NA is only 1 year.

I had no idea about this until today when I checked the News section on my Switch, and there was a piece reminding user that Breath of the Wild and 1-2 Switch are turning 2 years old tomorrow. So if you want to register them, now is the time.
All you have to do is insert the game card, press + and select My Nintendo Rewards Programme.

Works on all cards I've tried, including Mario + Rabbids so presumably on third party titles as well. I racked up about 350 points from this.

Last edited:

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
pikachu_surprised_meme-691x400.png

Think of all the themes you can get! God, MyNintendo sucks. Bring back Club Nintendo dammit!

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was one year. I've definitely run into games I couldn't collect points from because the expiration date had passed.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks OP, I thought this worked automatically. Got 90 gold points, but most of my carts had expired :/

Apr 24, 2018
I found this out the hard way for NA games. I tried to register Mario + Rabbids I think it was, after a year, and no dice. Nintendo did a horrible job of communicating this, imho.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
My only launch day game was digital (they sold out of BOTW at all the stores!) but I went back through my other carts and got the 180 points for them.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They do.

On the eShop. 300 for a $60 game. Sometimes even 600 if you pre-order.

Not physical games, they do not offer 300 gold coins for a $60 game bought physically, digitally maybe, I have over 10 physical games, each one have me only 60 gold coins each. They need to fix that as I only buy indie games on the eshop and not full priced games

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Not physical games, they do not offer 300 gold coins for a $60 game bought physically, digitally maybe, I have over 10 physical games, each one have me only 60 gold coins each. They need to fix that as I only buy indie games on the eshop and not full priced games
Yes, that's exactly my point. If you want more gold points per title, buy digital. It is a digital promotion at its heart anyway. The main purpose is to encourage people to buy digitally.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
They need to offer more coins per 60 dollar game

They want to

They do that because they want you to buy digital over physical.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy a lot more digital games than I already do (80+ digital games owned) if they were also offering the same value both ways, it only benefits them
How does it only benefit them? If I buy a $60 game and effectively get $3 back- or $6 for those special double point pre-orders - how am I not benefiting?

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the reminder. I redeemed three games and treated myself Robonauts, which looks decent enough for a "free" game.