• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
80 euro? Hell no.
This looks like a fun 40 bucks game max. Or free2play with some nice paid battlepasses and MTX.
It's made by a B tier studio, with probably not a very big budget.

Slapping on a PS5 label does not justify asking S tier prices.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem a lot PS5 games are having right now is that we know fuck all about them. When you couple that with knowing even less about the system infrastructure itself and charging a premium on top of it, good luck!

I know there's still over a month to go, but the problem is people are heading into the holidays during a pandemic and very contentious election year. Time to stop playing this marketing strategy game and tell us why we should care.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
The $70 dollar price point kills games like this, "this" being something other than your AAA tentpole. It's definitely something I have interest in, but I can't be dropping $70 bucks on it. Will wait for sale.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
This game does sound unique. I want to see uninterrupted gameplay.
When wrecked, you'll have to master a whole new set of skills as you're thrust into the action from a different perspective. On foot, our AllStars might look vulnerable, but they have the athletic and heroic skills to evade opponents, take their vehicle and cause maximum damage.

The arenas have been designed to harness mobility and destructive action. Vehicles have enough track to navigate at maximum speed, whilst AllStars on-foot can seek temporary safety in suspended platforms above. Using their parkour skills to jump, climb, grab and vault, they can collect items and lure opponents into hard hitting traps.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Should've launched as a budget title. The sticker shock isn't going to help this.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Looks like an amalgamation of LawBreakers, Bleeding Edge and all these other 'hero' games that have been sent out to die in the past few years. The racial diversity is nice but it's all so generic looking.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
This SCREAMS Playstation Plus game. Come on, Sony.
Yeah, this screams the type of game that's important to build an early playerbase.

Do free to PS5 buyers through the end of the year and then charge $40 or whatever for it. If it catches on then they'll easily make that back in new players and in MTX.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
A game having ingame currency doesn't necessarily mean microtransaction. Although more info would be nice.

The price definitely doesn't fit these kind of games though lol

Oct 27, 2017
Really sad that this game is launching at $69.99 exclusively to an expensive launch console. I think it's pretty much dead. Maybe free to play will save it down the road.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to getting this once it hits $20 in a couple of weeks or when it's the first PS5 PS Plus game.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so wrongly priced that it hurts. And it sucks because I know it'll be good too. Big fan of Metropolis Street Racer and PGR :(

YSL

Sep 11, 2020
80 euro for this over here.... I will pay only €8 final offer take it or leave it ;)

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Folks, you better be used to the $70/80€ range. I'm not saying it's good but that's what it is. Regarding the micro-transactions, it'll likely be for cosmetics purpose so if you don't want to invest your money into that, what's the problem? Aside these points, DAS seems fun to play yeah. Can't wait to sse the gameplay trailer soon.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Not a purchase for me yet but as more is shown leading up to launch you never know! Put this in same spot as Godfall for now, a wait and see. Thank god we got Demons Souls and Spiderman to be the staples.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah. This game really should have either been F2P or the first PS+ game.
Shoulda been ps5's ps plus launch title.
It amazes me that nobody's looking at Warframe's continued success and trying to piggyback off of that. Warframe endures today because for a LONG time it was basically one of the only games you could play on PS4 at launch, which led to them building an incredibly devoted playerbase, which then supported the game long enough for them to refresh it multiple times with huge content updates that drew in players and allowed them to spread to other consoles.

How has NOBODY learned from this?
I want to bring up the example of Rocket League which absolutely blew up in popularity when it became a monthly free game for PS+ subscribers. Word of mouth pushed it hard and I really feel the same could be done here, especially if the game turns out to actually be good. Not to mention it being a launch game too.

Vehicular combat games aren't really a thing nowadays so the devs are fighting an uphill battle. I just don't understand why it's £70 lol. I guarantee you it'll be put on PS+ in like 7 months from launch just like Onrush and no one will care because way more games will have released for the PS5 at that point. It won't have that launch game advantage.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about the concept of this game aside from the typical hero-driven-game character designs and the potential for bullshit MTX. Unfortunately those are two pretty big things, especially for a 70$ game, so I'll have to wait this one out.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Charging $70 and still has microtransactions, who could have possibly seen this coming with the game price increase.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Yeah.. I'll give it a go when it's in the bargain bin or on PS Plus... which thankfully shouldn't take too long given the price point of €80/£70 here in Europe. Even the casual gamers aren't going to pay that much as an impulse buy of a new IP on launch day. Who in their right mind thought this would be a good price point for this game?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
All concerns about pricing etc aside...

THIS looks gorgeous. And I love a car combat game. Interest piqued! WIll look forward to some hands on preview stuff.

50383878461_8702bc2887_k.jpg

Yeah, it looks amazing. Lucid said there's a trailer coming soon. Can't wait to see it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a lot of fun. However, I would have paid $30, mayyybe $40 for this, but certainly not $70.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
No multiplayer-only game should be $70. ESPECIALLY when it has microtransactions. The price of admission is way too high and basically killed the chances of it being a success.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Yeah… hype leve for this is near zero.

Plus when you compare Demon's Souls at $70 to this at $70 it kind of feels outrageous.