Gouf

May 17, 2018
I still liked this, but man I miss the old Badman format.
True. I would have loved a proper sequel since there's lots of ways they could have expanded upon the concepts in the PSP games, but I'm honestly surprised the franchise managed to stick around past PSP in various weird forms at all.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
True. I would have loved a proper sequel since there's lots of ways they could have expanded upon the concepts in the PSP games, but I'm honestly surprised the franchise managed to stick around past PSP in various weird forms at all.
True! The PSVR game is pretty fun too!

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly learning Japanese and I realized there was a Fortune Street game out for Vita in Japan. So I bought it, and now my eyes are opened to the world of Japanese exclusives. Any recommendations for stuff that was never released outside of Japan?

I still liked this, but man I miss the old Badman format.

Chaos Ring Trilogy. The Legend of Heroes Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Dualogy. Fate Stay/Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. You might want to turn your sights on their version of Playstation Classics. There's alot of valuable stuff there I'm told that goes for MONEY on the collectors market, surprise surprise. I curious to see what they have for turn-based JRPG's, Shmups and beat'em ups.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Chaos Ring Trilogy. The Legend of Heroes Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Dualogy. Fate Stay/Night and
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. Sega Ages PS3 , off topic I know . If I get everything I want on the North American side, I'm turning my sights on that and their version of Playstation Classics. There's alot of valuable stuff there I'm told that goes for MONEY on the collectors market, surprise surprise. I curious to see what they have for turn-based JRPG's, Shmups and beat'em ups.
Thanks, I've heard of Chaos Ring so I'll check that out, I remember begging for a translation back in the day. And I know I have Trails of Cold Steel already, is the Sky trilogy the series before that?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I've heard of Chaos Ring so I'll check that out, I remember begging for a translation back in the day. And I know I have Trails of Cold Steel already, is the Sky trilogy the series before that?

Yes, the Sky games take place before the Cold Steel games, if I remember correctly. The Crossbell games either take place during the Sky games or the Cold Steel games.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been slowly learning Japanese and I realized there was a Fortune Street game out for Vita in Japan. So I bought it, and now my eyes are opened to the world of Japanese exclusives. Any recommendations for stuff that was never released outside of Japan?

Edit: I should list my interests. I like JRPG's, but don't like ones that are super anime/moe, and I don't really like mechs/gundam, which takes out a bunch. I do like Digimon (I know that sounds counter to what I just said) so maybe I'll check out Next Order, I liked it on PS4. Otherwise, puzzle, sim, action games are all up my alley.

If you're into Yakuza, there are the two Black Panther games. I only played the first game's demo years ago and the gameplay was great! It has cutscenes very reminiscent of the ones in MGS Portable Ops and PW.

You could check The Last Ranker as well. Great visuals, OST and battles from what I played. It's a Imageepoch/Capcom game.

And there's Nayuta no Kiseki from Falcom. I finished that one. It's basically a Ys game without Adol. It's great!

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend me Deception IV Nightmare Princess on the Vita? Is it worth the $40?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone have good suggestions for a PS Vita 1000 grip which adds L2/R2 buttons?

Been having a quick look and it seems my options are limited to a cheaper one at about ÂŁ25 which seems ok but not great and another one at about ÂŁ50 that seems better but not perfect.

Always wanted to get one but with the news about the store it has made me decide to mod my day 1 Vita so I can get a 256GB SD card and download as much as I can just to be safe. I much have countless games for it now since I have bought a lot but also been subbed to PS+ since day 1 and claim every game so that has added untold Vita games for me.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have good suggestions for a PS Vita 1000 grip which adds L2/R2 buttons?

Been having a quick look and it seems my options are limited to a cheaper one at about ÂŁ25 which seems ok but not great and another one at about ÂŁ50 that seems better but not perfect.

Always wanted to get one but with the news about the store it has made me decide to mod my day 1 Vita so I can get a 256GB SD card and download as much as I can just to be safe. I much have countless games for it now since I have bought a lot but also been subbed to PS+ since day 1 and claim every game so that has added untold Vita games for me.
I have one by Hori and I don't like it so much as I prefer gripping the console either by itself or with the protective cover. The buttons are fine though, if a tad mushy.

OP
OP

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Some more picks from me. These ones are all PS Minis (or the superior HD remasters of PS Minis that were released on Vita)

Kahoots
iu

This was the first console release from the unfortunately now defunct indie dev Honeyslug (perhaps best known for PS4/PS3/Vita wierd-em-up Hohokum). The core gameplay is very similar to something like Lemmings except you manipulate the world directly. This game oozes charm with cute clay motion characters, in game textures derived from photos of IRL objects and in-game tutorials delivered in song by the legend that is 'Pegbeast':
iu

This one is apparently also on iOS if you might want to check it out there and PS Blog did a short 5 minute making of doc for this one BITD which can be found on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMWKkMD_I8

The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
iu

Pretty self explanatory this one. You're an octopus, you rotate, you go on adventures, people apparently accepted that 544p was HD. A quick gameplay video is the best way to make sense of the game, I think:

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD!
iu

From the same devs as The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character (the not defunct Dakko Dakko) this is a sidescrolling shoot-em-up that,striking a common theme, gets lots of points for charm and visual style with game design tailor made for short burst on-the-go play. A sequel called Pop Up Pilgrims came out on PS VR in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-W-OscCb1I
iu

It was interesting looking back at these. Really small indies don't really seem to be that much of a thing on consoles any more with the Xbox Live Arcade and PS Minis programmes long dead. The space got ceded to the wild west of phones and PC.

Last edited:

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Imo Tearaway is the quintessential Vita game. Nothing I played on there exploited everything that handheld was capable of in such a charming and inventive way.

it beat Nintendo at it's own game.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
For those interested in digital copies of Parasite Eve 2 and Vagrant story grab them before the store closes. Those games require some tweaking on emulators to work properly where as on psp/ps3/vita they work without any issues.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
For those interested in digital copies of Parasite Eve 2 and Vagrant story grab them before the store closes. Those games require some tweaking on emulators to work properly where as on psp/ps3/vita they work without any issues.
And Vagrant Story is such a beautiful game too. Can't vouch for PE2, is that considered a downgrade compared to the first one?

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
And Vagrant Story is such a beautiful game too. Can't vouch for PE2, is that considered a downgrade compared to the first one?
Not really. It's just different. It's inspired by the resident evil games moreso than the first but still a very good game. It has some QOL changes like walking speed and also looks better. Then they abandonned the franchise...

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It's just different. It's inspired by the resident evil games moreso than the first but still a very good game. It has some QOL changes like walking speed and also looks better. Then they abandonned the franchise...
Ok, that's what I kinda remember hearing, but more negatively. That it's less atmospheric and more action-y. But I'm sure that's subjective and it's still really good, and I should check it out. Yeah, it's too bad about the series, and especially so that The Third Birthday didn't turn out so hot.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Realizing I could of bought these years ago on sale, and now I'm stuck paying what they want or never having it is kind of painful.. lol. Wish they'd throw us a bone and have price drops or something.

Went through and trimmed my list, are the Suikoden games worth buying despite the fact I'll never have 5? I keep humming and hawing over it. (Also annoying Ar Nosurge Plus is still $53 on PSN, or $150+ physically.)

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So got my SD2Vita and 256gig SD card and got all set up and have been downloading every vita and psp game I own digitally.

Must have about 200 give or take because of ps+.

Got a related question, does anyone know if you can use you SD2Vita on your Vita and just take it out to use it on a vita TV?

Always been tempted and since I had issues with my ps classic and some games performance, being able to play PS1, psp and Vita games on the TV is starting to tempt me more. If I can easily swap the SD2Vita between and Vita tv then I might just pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Speaking of PSPs, do you guys have battery recommendations?
All 3 batteries I had for it have bulged and are unusable.
I have to keep it plugged to play it.
Are there new batteries you can buy now that won't bulge?

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Speaking of PSPs, do you guys have battery recommendations?
All 3 batteries I had for it have bulged and are unusable.
I have to keep it plugged to play it.
Are there new batteries you can buy now that won't bulge?
There are a number of knockoff PSP batteries available on Amazon. Insten and Ostent were the 2 most popular it seemed from my research when I recently bought a PSP-3000. Never heard of any bulging issues from those models but it does seem like build quality and longevity are certainly worse in these knockoff batteries vs the OEM.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Bought an adapter so I can use a 32gb micro SD card with my super sexy Hannah Montana edition PSP that I bought last week. Already bought 18 digital games; I think I'll probably by another 10-15 in the next couple months to complete my collection of games that I want to play. Currently about 2/3 through Jeanne D'Arc and having a lot of fun.

I never owned a PSP, so I'm having fun discovering its library!

anderson64

Jun 14, 2019
So got my SD2Vita and 256gig as card and got all set up and have been downloading every vita and psp game I own digitally.

Must have about 200 give or take because of ps+.

Got a related question, does anyone know if you can use you SD2Vita on your Vita and just take it out to use it on a vita TV?

Always been tempted and since I had issues with my ps classic and some games performance, being able to play PS1, psp and Vita games on the TV is starting to tempt me more. If I can easily swap the SD2Vita between and Vita tv then I might just pull the trigger.
Wait, does this SD2Vita work without hacking??

anderson64

Jun 14, 2019
No, you need to have henkaku etc on the system.

I did mine ages ago and haven't used it since. Because of the store thread it prompted me to look into bigger storage and so picked up a SD2Vita and 256gb SD card and download around 200 games I had from pan.
Easy to hack? Can you still access PS Store (for now)?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you have experience with hacking systems with cfw it's relatively easy. I followed some guides and it wasn't a problem.

Did have some issues getting SD2Vita to work at first but managed to get it sorted and now it's fine.

You can Spoof the latest firmware and still use it as normal which is great. That's how I sorted out downloading my library from psn.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill Shattered Memories was great on Wii. The waggle was lame, so I wonder if the PSP version is good (or even better)? It was also on PS2 iirc.

Anyways -- Vita TV, henkaku, sharp scale plugin, psx classics and psp games = heaven.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017

There's a step-by-step guide for hacking the Vita. It takes you through the entire process from upgrading/downgrading OFW through installing ENSO and recommending some helpful plugins. Only took me about an hour my first time, and I was reading everything super carefully so I didn't miss anything. Not sure if it's okay to link it here, but feel free to PM me.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Realizing I could of bought these years ago on sale, and now I'm stuck paying what they want or never having it is kind of painful.. lol. Wish they'd throw us a bone and have price drops or something.

Went through and trimmed my list, are the Suikoden games worth buying despite the fact I'll never have 5? I keep humming and hawing over it. (Also annoying Ar Nosurge Plus is still $53 on PSN, or $150+ physically.)

I'm holding fire until the rumour is confirmed, hopefully they'll soften the blow with a closing down mega sale

OP
OP

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
The rumour is confirmed, download lists will remain, a closing down sale is a probably a pipe dream but no need to rush purchases as the shutdown is still a few months off

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Just panic bought another memory card. Still aloooootttt of shit to buy for me off the store before they shut it down.

Got Dragons Crown and Stein Gate's physical as I'm going to need to save space for digital only shit lol

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 3 Portable is playable on Vita, the only new (3 or later) persona game with a female protagonist option.

The Tactics Ogre remake is also a must buy.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Persona 3 Portable is playable on Vita, the only new (3 or later) persona game with a female protagonist option.

The Tactics Ogre remake is also a must buy.

I'm annoyed I skipped P3P when it was a tenner a few years back

I have FES so I have played the game, but wanted portable for the extra stuff it adds

I can't see it being stuck on Vita forever, the series is too popular to not have it ported somewhere else at some point

Hopefully we see a final sale

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Something weird id happening on my vita. If I go to my transaction list I cannot see any of my purchases before 2017. Yet if I go to the pages of games I bought before that I can download them. that means after the store closes I am losing those games?

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
No one has mentioned LittleBigPlanet either I don't think? That was a good Vita game.

is the only way to get new games via the Vita itself?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
No one has mentioned LittleBigPlanet either I don't think? That was a good Vita game.

is the only way to get new games via the Vita itself?
You can buy on PS3 also.
LBP Vita is great though. That makes me wonder how the DLC for that is going to work though. I think the DLC is cross-buy? So maybe you can still buy it in LBP3 and it'll show up on Vita, not sure.

Edit: Oh, some random DLC that I found and purchased.
Thomas Was Alone had some free DLC that I missed. And I bought a couple level packs for What Did I do to Deserve This, My Lord 2!?!

dose

Oct 29, 2017
But the one I'm saddest about going away is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, because it's an absolutely incredible game and it's only available on the PSP -- hasn't been ported anywhere else, even to PC.
? The game was originally on the Super Famicom, and was also released for the PS1 in Japan and the US.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush is a must have. It's a shame we didn't get more made for Vita 3D action games.

Super Time Force Ultra is a great game and one of my favorite Vita games. A lot of great characters. It doesn't get enough credit.

Super Stardust is the best twin stick shooter for Vita. Hotline Miami is a close second.

For RPGs I'd pick Undertale or Breath of Fire IV which is a psone classic.