• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Because I know you've all missed these threads.That's according to SteamSpy of course.

As a reminder,it reached 10 million September 5.
Next milestone was20 million November 7th.
As of late December,they boasted 30 million players total (that's including the XB1 version)

To compare the pace, it took the game:
5 months and 14 days to reach 10 million
2 months and 3 days for 20 million
3 months and 6 days for 30 million

Last month it was at 27 million. Probably past its peak, but still chugging along at an insane pace.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I bet by the end of this year it will sell at least another 13(on PC) and outsell the whole uncharted franchise.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Great! Now fix the (my) controller problems and make premium items more accessible like the mobile game! :P

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda shrug when this game hits these milestones now lol. Initially it was like "holy shit it keeps going!", now it's like "yeah super popular twitch game keeps selling "

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
The game hasn't even been discounted yet. This thing will go past 50 million probably once they start selling it a reduced price.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
They really need a way to fix the Chinese influx problem. It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying to play a game on American servers and have 70% of it be Chinese. Not to mention most of the cheaters are Chinese.

Also please fix the desert map, it's so fucking boring.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
The tail on this thing could be enormous then.

CSGO blew up back in 2014 because Valve basically gave it away for like 4 or 5$ during a winter sale irrc. And being around that 15$ its been big since. Bluehole will do the same eventually but its so successful right now they have no reason to discount it for a while.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a widespread issue with legit concerns (map is way too open without much cover). From what I've seen, it rings true.

They recently updated the map and added hundreds of new small buildings and trees for cover, as well as dirt paths to make driving over mountainous areas easier.

The main problem that makes the map "boring" is that far too many players drop into a small number of towns, usually leaving less than 50 people alive by the time the first circle ends. They do this because there's a perception that big towns have better loot (which may just be due to spawn density), plus some people just want "action". They drop into a hot area and get a couple kills before getting killed themselves within the first 5 minutes.

The map itself doesn't necessarily need to change, but they do need to incentivize spreading out more so there are more people alive mid-game.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They recently updated the map and added hundreds of new small buildings and trees for cover, as well as dirt paths to make driving over mountainous areas easier.

The main problem that makes the map "boring" is that far too many players drop into a small number of towns, usually leaving less than 50 people alive by the time the first circle ends. They do this because there's a perception that big towns have better loot (which may just be due to spawn density), plus some people just want "action". They drop into a hot area and get a couple kills before getting killed themselves within the first 5 minutes.

The map itself doesn't necessarily need to change, but they do need to incentivize spreading out more so there are more people alive mid-game.
this is part of the reason people tend to be concentrated at the beginning but the main one is that they nerfed parachutes recently making it so you can't go as far from the plane on your initial drop. this means that people will naturally be distributed more tightly along the flight path and are more likely to run into each other even if they're not dropping at a town or hot spot.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
CSGO blew up back in 2014 because Valve basically gave it away for like 4 or 5$ during a winter sale irrc. And being around that 15$ its been big since. Bluehole will do the same eventually but its so successful right now they have no reason to discount it for a while.

Yeah that's true, when you sell 30 million in less than 12 months you don't have to hurry to discount.

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I like the map. And I've always thought of the meta being strategic positioning around the desert hills.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Different pricing for different region, always remember that..

https://steamdb.info/app/578080/
Okay? I don't really see what that has to do with the milestone.

I wonder how many are repurchases considering how many cheaters they ban each month.

If a HUNDRED PERCENT of cheaters banned rebought the game, it'd be 2.5 million sales. Which is pretty irrelevant compared to those numbers. What a weird post.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
1+ million cheaters banned in January. I'm really curious how many of those cheaters created a new account to buy and cheat with.

Is there a break down that shows the where most of these sales are coming from? And of those 30 million, how many are active in each region.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Fun game but really can't wait to see alternatives from big players. Technical issues, especially latency related problems are getting very annoying.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see 40 million hitting on PC, but it'll definitely hit 40 with the console version for sure.

LOL. It is doing 3 million a month over the last 3 months and has NEVER BEEN ON SALE YET.

It will do 40 without even going on discount. Easily.

Throw in a small discount and a new map it will easily double its current sales before the year ends.

EDIT I see the excuses are already rolling in. "Cheaters rebuying", "how many active players" etc etc. Every PUBG sales thread without fail.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
Not Steam related of course, but I bought this for the Xbox One last night, and spent the majority of the day arguing with Microsoft over chat until they refunded me my £25, which they eventually did. Seems like a good game and justifiably hit that mark on Steam with it being as popular as it is. But the Xbox port is a broken unplayable mess.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Not Steam related of course, but I bought this for the Xbox One last night, and spent the majority of the day arguing with Microsoft over chat until they refunded me my £25, which they eventually did. Seems like a good game and justifiably hit that mark on Steam with it being as popular as it is. But the Xbox port is a broken unplayable mess.

No, it's not a broken unplayable mess.

You also must have missed the fact it's part of the Game Preview program. You didn't have a leg to stand on when it came to getting that refund, Microsoft just wanted to get rid of you.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
That's crazy, I think that if the mobile game goes worldwide that it will get 50m downloads before the PC version sells 50m.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
Member warned: Needless antagonism towards another member.
No, it's not a broken unplayable mess.

You also must have missed the fact it's part of the Game Preview program. You didn't have a leg to stand on when it came to getting that refund, Microsoft just wanted to get rid of you.

LOL!!!! A PUBG defendist? K pal