• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
The next PUBG update brings a slew of exciting changes, including a brand-new map called Deston and more graphics options for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

From July 12, those who own an Xbox Series X will be able to play PUBG at 4K / 60fps, as well as toggle between two types of anti-aliasing: FXAA (fast approximate anti-aliasing) or TAA (temporal anti-aliasing). This wasn't previously the case, as the game previously ran at 1080p.

PS5 owners will also get to choose between two anti-aliasing settings but will have to settle for 1440p at 60fps. If you're not using a 4K display, you may even be stuck at 1080p / 60fps, as the PS5 can't natively output at 1440p resolution. Still, it's an improvement on the previous 1080p resolution cap.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F66913e01-03a0-48d9-91d9-818cb69d9f4e_1024x576.jpeg

Deston is the game's 9th map and sees players battle it out in a near-future, ravaged world. It's 8x8 km, which means it's the same size as Erangel and Miramar. The map contains several diverse biomes: a flooded downtown, a murky swamp, clear coasts, beautiful mountains, and towering skyscrapers.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F651e0f6f-9c38-428e-acd1-39dd66083b12_1024x576.jpeg

A high-capacity weapon, the 012 is the world's fastest shotgun. The 012 is effective in close-range and mid-range combat thanks to its high volume of fire. The 012 is only available on the new Deston map.

Console graphics options after the Update:

- PlayStation 5 (When connected to a 4K display)
60fps
QHD (1440p)
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA or TAA

- PlayStation 5 (When connected to a non-4K display)
60fps
FHD (1080p)

- Xbox Series X
60fps
4K Resolution

- Xbox Series S
60fps
FHD (1080p)
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA

www.theshortcut.com

PUBG is finally getting a PS5 and Xbox Series X upgrade after almost two years

PUBG update 18.2 adds more graphics options for the battle royale game on PS5 and Xbox Series X

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Nice, might try it out but not sure how much I'l enjoy it as I don't think I'll be a fan of the gunplay

also that City in Deston looks cool

how paywalled is the game or is it just cosmetics?

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Pathetic as usual. Took almost two years for the PS5 upgrade to be a PS4 app without a native PS5 native using the PS5 power.

The most garbage video game company and support for a game ever. You'll never find a company that didn't listen to their fan base more.

TWO FUCKING YEARS FOR 1440p and TAA!!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to transfer progress? Bought PS4 version back in the day but with this resolution gap would be nice to just switch to Series x

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Deston looks pretty sick. I'm excited to give that map a try.

Honestly the city area looks like what Haven SHOULD have been. I absolutely despite the Haven map, the only one I really hate.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, might try it out but not sure how much I'l enjoy it as I don't think I'll be a fan of the gunplay

Pretty sure it's just cosmetics, but the cosmetics you get without paying are of the 'would you like the grey or white t-shirt?' levels of excitement.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Hmn. If this is still on XGP I might dust off my old character. Apex Legends has seriously shat the bed for Series X.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

100% all cosmetic, however the free cosmetics or the ones you can only get with battle points (the one earned in-game, non monetary currency) are soooo shit.

Their season pass is absolutely horrible too for non payers too. With other games like dead by daylight, you can still earn some cool free cosmetics. With pubg you literally just get a temporary (lol) loadout slot and "contraband" which is utterly useless.

Still no native app lmao. This Dev man.
Warzone still doesn't even have a native app, the only thing I expect from these gguys is to remove vikendi from the rotation every month for absolutely no reason lol