• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, for now it is. I can't imagine it will stay that way forever.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they explicitly say exclusive, IIRC most of the time it'll say "first on" if it is timed only.
Maybe it is referring to it being exclusive in preview? If MS managed to get this as a full exclusive I feel like it would be a HUGE win for them considering how hot this game is right now.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Console launch exclusive was the wording used when the launch date went up. Doesn't sound like a real exclusive to me.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Timed exclusive for Xbox One. The dev has expressed interest in bringing the game to PS4. So expect that to happen by holiday 2018.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is just MS bullshit marketing really.

Remember all the X1X games in E3 being also native true 4k higher quality pixels?

But then DF said many were checkerboarded?

Yeah PUBG will hit ps4 in a year tops.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also,as I mentioned in the other thread, MS would be screaming that this game was exclusive to every Tom, Dick and Harry that would listen if it were truly exclusive.

Droopaloop

Oct 28, 2017
Always seemed like a "Console Debut" to me. Or one of those "Exclusive Launch" deals. There's too much money to be made. I don't believe for a second that it'll be console exclusive. Granted what I believe really doesn't mean a whole lot.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, it's staying exclusive until the game fully launches, gets out of Early Access. This happened with Ark and Conan, they came to PS4 once they got out of early access. I think the devs said it was getting out of early access in Q1 2018 so it'll stay exclusive for like 3-4 months.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it's staying exclusive until the game fully launches, gets out of Early Access. This happened with Ark and Conan, they came to PS4 once they got out of early access. I think the devs said it was getting out of early access in Q1 2018 so it'll stay exclusive for like 3-4 months.
It's coming to PS4, but no way it makes Q1. Hell I don't think it will even hit Q2.

WaqarYounis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is just MS bullshit marketing really.

Remember all the X1X games in E3 being also native true 4k higher quality pixels?

But then DF said many were checkerboarded?

Yeah PUBG will hit ps4 in a year tops.

Yep, also remember the BS 'Console launch exclusive' constantly being shoved down the throats at e3 2017? MS was trying its best to mislead gamers into thinking that they actually had 22 'exclusives' for xbox. Lol

Forestar

Oct 28, 2017
User was banned (1 week): Console wars and personal insults
I am calm, thank you. No need to get your panties in a twist just because I called your precious MS out.

Dude, I seen your posts, you are literally gagging when it has to do with Sony. Plus, how would you if I only like MS?

Jesus, I'm actually thought that ERA would be a civil place free of degenerates, guess I was wrong.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It's timed exclusive / console debut exclusive for Xbone.

The only way it'd be full on exclusive is if Microsoft buys Bluehole.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, I seen you posts, you are literally gagging when it has to do with Sony. Plus, how would you if I only like MS?

Jesus, I'm actually thought that ERA would be a civil place free of degenerates, guess I was wrong.

I'm fairness it does sometimes feel like Microsoft invented most of this marketing jargon.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, I seen your posts, you are literally gagging when it has to do with Sony. Plus, how would you if I only like MS?

But why get upset about it? If you want to 'gag' for MS, then go for it rather than shout someone else down (and call them a 'degenerate' for goodness sake) you disagree with. Or just ignore what they say. You can be civil and still cheer lead for your favourite.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Please keep the discussion civil. Do not insult other posters. Refrain from "Console War" like discussion (calling people "fanboys", etc) and stick to the topic. Thank you.

FLVSH

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation has no early-access feature (but how that damn Ark: Survival Evolved was released? =/), so that's why PUBG will be exclusive for XBOX till release. After that I guess they will release PUBG on PS4, but... you know that early-access games... probably it will be never released at all :)

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Playstation has no early-access feature (but how that damn Ark: Survival Evolved was released? =/), so that's why PUBG will be exclusive for XBOX till release. After that I guess they will release PUBG on PS4, but... you know that early-access games... probably it will be never released at all :)
What's the difference between the Xbox Preview Program and releasing anyways? Ark ended up on PS4 before the official launch, and Fortnite is on both while in "early access."

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Then good for MS striking while the iron is hot.

As much as I hate when the topic of exclusivity is muddied like this, I have to agree that good on MS for jumping on this when they did. PUBG is clearly a hot property right now and they were smart to make the moves that they have.

Anyway yeah I think this game will pop up on PS4 at some point down the track.

FLVSH

Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between the Xbox Preview Program and releasing anyways? Ark ended up on PS4 before the official launch, and Fortnite is on both while in "early access."
Don't know exactly what the difference is, but you may see that Fortnite early-access is pretty stable on PS4. I guess it's just lazy developers from Blue Hole Games, that can't even do optimization for PC. Or they didn't have enough hands to handle both consoles and pc.