Ronald_Raygun

Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I've been the proud parent of 3 rescue pugs through my adult life. All 3 had to be put to sleep due to neurological issues (brain tumors).

One lived to 13. One lived to 16. And one lived to 20.

All 3 were able to lead happy, normal lives.

They're great apartment dogs and absolutely love hanging out on the couch. For people that live in the city, I can see this being a major benefit.

Hell, one of my pugs would happily go on 1 mile runs and hikes with me. If he got tired on the hike I would carry him.

An earlier post was right, we need to ban characteristics, not breeds. These dogs are only a couple generations away from longer snouts and better lives.

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
I've been the proud parent of 3 rescue pugs through my adult life. All 3 had to be put to sleep due to neurological issues (brain tumors).

One lived to 13. One lived to 16. And one lived to 20.

All 3 were able to lead happy, normal lives.

They're great apartment dogs and absolutely love hanging out on the couch. For people that live in the city, I can see this being a major benefit.

Hell, one of my pugs would happily go on 1 mile runs and hikes with me. If he got tired on the hike I would carry him.

An earlier post was right, we need to ban characteristics, not breeds. These dogs are only a couple generations away from longer snouts and better lives.
My 13-year-old pug had a stroke and had to be put down. He was the sweetest dog.
Agree to ban characteristics, let's give pugs a longer snout like the old days. Also fuck dog shows that promote "aesthetic" over health.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

I swear my Pug was a Greyhound in his past life. This little dude runs circles around every other dog when I take him to the beach. All the other dogs are sitting in the sand, chillin. This little guy wants to run from one end to the other, spin in circles in the sand, jump in the water. I have never seen such an active Pug.