• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Not judging, but is it really worth it?
Are we still doing this. Is it THAT good. Speaking as a guy that's only used condoms.

Came across this tweet tonight. Hilarious, sympathetic, but does it need to be said in 2018? Are we really still doing this? I still don't know how to make polls.

fB030IU.png

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
People are stupid. Why is daycare so expensive though?

Is this heterosexual culture?
Not really? Gay dudes could definitely think they're fine just pulling out too. Raw dogging when you're with someone whose sexual history you don't know can be dangerous.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used a condom in over a decade, but the pull out method is not the only precautions my wife and I take.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm guilty of the pull and pray.. I know it's not the best idea but eh.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Also, as a follow up to that one thread that half of you got REALLY pissed at. THIS is probably an example of parents who love their kid(s), but would probably do things differently if they could. You see how simple and understandable it is?

is this about unwanted pregnancies, im confused
Yes.

Let's just say that there's a reason why people would risk having one of the biggest responsibilities in the world.
18 years and $100,000s good?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Who the hell spends 12k in daycare?
Sounds cheap to me tbh. Must depend on your city and the type of daycare, but my coworkers with kids are paying a bit more than that.
5 days a week, 9 hours a day, 50 weeks, give or take (if they're too young for school) is 2,250 hours. Works out to a bit over $5.50 an hour, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than a nanny would be.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
My friend had a kid a few years ago because he was too lazy to get up and get a condom. Thankfully he and his girlfriend seem to be doing a good job parenting and have a good support system, but that always struck me as odd. He had had surgery, and had a cast, but the relationship was new and she gave birth shortly after their one year anniversary.

The idea of spending so much on daycare makes me glad I don't want kids.

Then again the first time I had sex when I was young, I didn't have a condom and planned to pull out. Thankfully nothing bad happened.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are other forms of birth control and you don't have to do it with people who are cool with unplanned pregnancies if said other forms inexplicably fail.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
$7 a day here in Canada... Figure we just give the kids some smokes and pepperoni sticks and have Trailer park boys playing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Sounds cheap to me tbh. Must depend on your city and the type of daycare, but my coworkers with kids are paying a bit more than that.
5 days a week, 9 hours a day, 50 weeks, give or take (if they're too young for school) is 2,250 hours. Works out to a bit over $5.50 an hour, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than a nanny would be.

In Quebec we have government subvention run daycares that cost 7$ a day per kids. So for a year it's about 2000$.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling out combined with a condom and birth control still has a chance of pregnancy (granted a low chance) so pulling out alone is risk for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.