• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried buying God of War from the mobile app, twice I got a "your credit card info has expired" even though I had PayPal set up as the only payment option, then got an email from PayPal about the charge and I can also see it in my bank account - but it didn't give me access to the game nor does it show in transactions history on the PlayStation website account management page.

What do? Besides wait for the morning to contact PlayStation support.

I don't wanna report the transaction in PayPal because how trigger happy Sony is with the account bans.

Oh I forgot to mention, this probably contributed to the issue because I remember there was fuckery around the topic, I had God of War on my account from PS+, which is now expired - that's why I was buying the game.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Did you ever get a confirmation email from Sony that you bought it? If not then the transaction never went through and what you see in your account is probably just a temp hold.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I always get a confirmation email from PS, thanking me for the purchase.

If you haven't received one, the transactions 99.99% did not go through and you should be alright~

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
You can't buy games twice right? So surely if you get charged twice Sony or Paypal will refund one.

OP
OP
etta

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you ever get a confirmation email from Sony that you bought it? If not then the transaction never went through and what you see in your account is probably just a temp hold.
Oh I forgot to mention, no I did not receive the email from Sony.
You can't buy games twice right? So surely if you get charged twice Sony or Paypal will refund one.
Yee so then maybe it's safe to just buy it again, and this temporary charge will be auto-refunded by PayPal.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, buy it again, see if the charge that's showing now falls off after a few days, if it doesn't, contact Sony then.

This time buy it directly on the console to try to help avoid it failing again.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I had this happen yeaaaaars ago

I called them, they refunded after like a month, they had to wait for the transactions to process because they had no record of it on their end until the money came through. If money's not an issue, you could just purchase the game on the console / web store and wait for a refund on the others

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I had this happen to me this evening. The same issue with PayPal.

I got charged by PayPal, but there are no transaction records (email, purchase history) from Sony.
I'm guessing I will receive a refund from Paypal.

OP
OP
etta

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had this happen to me this evening. The same issue with PayPal.

I got charged by PayPal, but there are no transaction records (email, purchase history) from Sony.
I'm guessing I will receive a refund from Paypal.
Ya so I'm guessing their servers are wonky at the moment...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
This also happened to me last month. What fixed it for me was removing my credit card from PayPal and adding it again. I was able to purchase after that.
I was not double charged though.

OP
OP
etta

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This also happened to me last month. What fixed it for me was removing my credit card from PayPal and adding it again. I was able to purchase after that.
I was not double charged though.
I didn't need to do that it seems, went to buy it on the console and it went as expected. Got the email from Sony this time and another from PayPal. I'll give it 5-10 business days to see if the original payment is refunded otherwise I'm going to contact Sony.

It's so strange that it even happened in the first place, they gotta fix their crap. Can't go charging customers without giving them the product, it'd make the easiest open-and-shut case in the history of lawsuits.