• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This follows a magazine leak that seems to confirm Sega are localizing the title for next month

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I should learn how to play Puyo instead of only playing Tetris in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Puyo Puyo eSports is incredible so I'm happy more people will get to enjoy it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking surreal. Like I'm having trouble believing it's real even though it's right there.

They're actually going to dub harpy!?

does this have a story mode?

This is just a small version of Puyo with online play and an endless battle mode. It was only $20 in Japan but went on sale for $5 a couple of times (at launch it was $5 for like a month before it went up to $20)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is just a small version of Puyo with online play and an endless battle mode. It was only $20 in Japan but went on sale for $5 a couple of times (at launch it was $5 for like a month before it went up to $20)
bummer, i probably would have picked this one up if it had a story mode. really liked what i played from PPT's story mode (i plan on going back and finishing it), it was crazy and ridiculous in the best possible way.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
bummer, i probably would have picked this one up if it had a story mode. really liked what i played from PPT's story mode (i plan on going back and finishing it), it was crazy and ridiculous in the best possible way.

Yeah, I keep hoping they do a Switch port of Puyo Chronicles (the last major Puyo game, only on 3DS) so there's a shot of localization

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't wanna go full ResetEra, but the fact that trailer is for the Switch version makes me wonder about how close the next direct must be.

Jan 11, 2018
Let's hope that if it makes its way over here, it has dual audio or at least the option to mute voices. The English dub of PPT is awful and this sounds just as bad.

Last edited:

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Does this offer much different than the Puyo available in Puyo Puyo Tetris? Will probably buy on my Switch anyhow since I have PPT for my PS4. I'm a lost cause at Puyo Puyo though, I even struggle bussed the gimmie in Sonic Mania.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
That really does just look like PPT with only puyos... which you can already do in PPT.
Does this offer much different than the Puyo available in Puyo Puyo Tetris? Will probably buy on my Switch anyhow since I have PPT for my PS4. I'm a lost cause at Puyo Puyo though, I even struggle bussed the gimmie in Sonic Mania.
One of the bigger things is it includes fever mode https://puyonexus.com/wiki/Fever_(rule)

Also for people who like to play online after a certain point not having tetris to go against is nicer, tetris is really strong once people are fast enough.

Oct 25, 2017
In case people are wondering, this is a big deal because Tetris is super broken in PPT so for Puyo fans this means just playing against other Puyo Puyo players and not being like "well I just lost" when playing Ranked.

I know people that quit PPT over that, so this is pretty nice. Also it should be cheaper so more people might give it a chance.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Puyo Puyo is fully back in the West, and I hope its future will stay as bright here.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
One of the bigger things is it includes fever mode https://puyonexus.com/wiki/Fever_(rule)

Also for people who like to play online after a certain point not having tetris to go against is nicer, tetris is really strong once people are fast enough.

Oh cool, that sounds like a pretty nice mode. I'll definitely pick this up for my Switch. Tetris 99 can only carry my need for quick here and there puzzle action for so long and as long as I have a network connection.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Got Puyo Puyo Tetris, but depending on the price I might look into this to have an always on system digital copy,

Might help me improve at it.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
In case people are wondering, this is a big deal because Tetris is super broken in PPT so for Puyo fans this means just playing against other Puyo Puyo players and not being like "well I just lost" when playing Ranked.

I know people that quit PPT over that, so this is pretty nice. Also it should be cheaper so more people might give it a chance.

Puyo bums realizing that Tetris players are the final level

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Yes! So glad I waited on buying it off the Japanese eShop. Nice to see Puyo Puyo is now getting more exposure in the west, although I would hope didn't take so long in announce localizations (This has been done for a while if it's coming on May 7).

Next step, Puyo Puyo representation in Smash Bros.!