• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Will I be able to get my free roll after this week - the mail has a 60 day expiration? No reason to chance it with the free DBDC roll(s) but would saving the REM rolls for a different lineup be possible?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a Kiri with the free pull. She'd go well with my Blonia once I get a Diamond Dragon Fruit, right? Dragon type with Dragon killer awoken skills seems nice.
If you are fighting dragons, yes, she will be a monster with her 3 killers. Her active is also a pseudo spike against non-fire bosses since it makes you do double damage. However, if you aren't fighting dragons she is very weak because her awakenings are very meh outside of the killers. In those cases you'd be better off with something else that can support the team with a useful active on a lower CD or that has awakenings or stats that can help the team.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Not crazy exciting but the first dungeon pull is available now. I got evolved Volsung, woo.

First REM pull should be later tonight and second Dragonbound pull most likely tomorrow morning.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you are fighting dragons, yes, she will be a monster with her 3 killers. Her active is also a pseudo spike against non-fire bosses since it makes you do double damage. However, if you aren't fighting dragons she is very weak because her awakenings are very meh outside of the killers. In those cases you'd be better off with something else that can support the team with a useful active on a lower CD or that has awakenings or stats that can help the team.

Gotcha, so pretty situational unit then, that's ok, I'm working on an Awoken Sarasvati to replace her in the lineup.

Ah shit does she not have an NA awoken version yet?

Edit: nvm, needed to devolve twice...she's seemingly worse than her UltEvo but fits the Blue Sonia team with a dragon type better.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that tardis has a super awakening of void pierce.

And got it first +297 roll!!!! That's huge! Brings some of the more "frustrating" bosses into "I think I can beat them" range

I mean he is already in my anublos team, now he can lay it down!

Edit: realized I misspelled tardis. Oops

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Got Sun Quan on main and Lugh on alt, which sucks because it already has 3 Fujins lol. Between the free stone and free rolls I got Tardis and Nees#2 on main and Distel and Enra on alt, along with some other dupes on both accounts. Pretty good haul so far but I'm still thinking of getting a pack to chase Ideal on my main.

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't buy Cotton on my alt because it already has 2 Amatsus. I should still buy her though right because of how versatile she is? Even though I don't have a team for her yet?

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Got Sun Quan on main and Lugh on alt, which sucks because it already has 3 Fujins lol. Between the free stone and free rolls I got Tardis and Nees#2 on main and Distel and Enra on alt, along with some other dupes on both accounts. Pretty good haul so far but I'm still thinking of getting a pack to chase Ideal on my main.
The problem with this is... a single pack is only 8 rolls with this machine... so your chances of getting Ideal with one pack are really slim. Last time DBDC came around i bought 3 packs and only managed to get all 6* with my last 2 rolls. No Ideal. This time I saved 50 stones, got only kulias and a 3rd Enra and still no Ideal. Then I had extreme luck and got Ideal with my NeyDra free roll...

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't buy Cotton on my alt because it already has 2 Amatsus. I should still buy her though right because of how versatile she is? Even though I don't have a team for her yet?
It depends on your teams and your current MP points, Amatsu is extremly good for nearly all teams but Cotton is a 6* GFE and those have always gained more evolutions down the line then Collab cards. If you have the MP, I would say, get her. If you have to sell some stuff for it (besides the 5year tama and predra) I think it's not worth it. Also, Amatsu is only Blue/Light, and Cotton can be all 5 colors depending on your need for a future lead.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
NeyDra Pull 2 is online.
Just pulled and got Distel...again dont know her, but she is blue so thats always good in my book.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I think i will never have luck again, got Ideal on my alt account too...
2nd roll on my main was Tardis nr.3..

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Farmed a couple more stones and did my final pull for 10 stones. Tardis(new)

Quite happy since its a new unit and a green one.

Honestly quite happy with my pulls over all. The first two Kiri pulls(dupe) were a bummer but everything after was new and seems useful.

Free Pull - Kiri
First 10s - Kiri
Neydra1 - Pralinae
Neydra2 - Distel
2nd 10s - Tardis
Oh god, I think i will never have luck again, got Ideal on my alt account too...
2nd roll on my main was Tardis nr.3..
Damn...another Ideal - thats some luck.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this is... a single pack is only 8 rolls with this machine... so your chances of getting Ideal with one pack are really slim. Last time DBDC came around i bought 3 packs and only managed to get all 6* with my last 2 rolls. No Ideal. This time I saved 50 stones, got only kulias and a 3rd Enra and still no Ideal. Then I had extreme luck and got Ideal with my NeyDra free roll...

It depends on your teams and your current MP points, Amatsu is extremly good for nearly all teams but Cotton is a 6* GFE and those have always gained more evolutions down the line then Collab cards. If you have the MP, I would say, get her. If you have to sell some stuff for it (besides the 5year tama and predra) I think it's not worth it. Also, Amatsu is only Blue/Light, and Cotton can be all 5 colors depending on your need for a future lead.
Yeah, I know chasing her is dumb but she'd just be soooo good haha.

I also just bought Cotton on my alt because what else am I going to spend the MP on? I already have Odin and Rag Dragons anyway and you make a good point about buffs in the future. She's gonna be great for a while.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I know chasing her is dumb but she'd just be soooo good haha.

I also just bought Cotton on my alt because what else am I going to spend the MP on? I already have Odin and Rag Dragons anyway and you make a good point about buffs in the future. She's gonna be great for a while.

That's one point I forgot... Before buying Cotton, buy OdinDra first. ALWAYS! There is just no substitute for him.

Does anyone here has a Super Ruby King for trade? I accidentaly fused all of mine and now can't evolve my Wangren for Sonia Gran.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's one point I forgot... Before buying Cotton, buy OdinDra first. ALWAYS! There is just no substitute for him.

Does anyone here has a Super Ruby King for trade? I accidentaly fused all of mine and now can't evolve my Wangren for Sonia Gran.
Completly forgot that this game has a trade function now. Dont think i ever used it.
Assuming we are friends i put a Super Ruby King.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
ok, it seems i deleted you. So we have to wait 30days before we can trade :(
Does anyone else have a Super Ruby King?

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
It's quite discouraging to pull 3 Ratios in a row. 2 freebies + one saved up 10 stone pull. :|
My condolence... this is the real downside of this REM. If you get shitty dupes it feels ULTRA shitty because of the 10 stones investment. The only bright side is, that you can sell them for 15k MP...

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So far on the DREM, I've rolled:

Ratholos
Praline
Nees
Praline
Weld
Kiri

I seem to be unable to roll new 6*, but whatever.

Also, I'm debating buying an additional cotton. Since I already bought one, it will leave me with zero MP. I'd like a green cotton for Gronia and upcoming Kaede, but I could also see use in red or blue cotton as well. I'm just a bit worried that they might unveil something great for MP and I'll miss out. On the other hand, the last time they did that was quite some time ago. Any opinions?

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
So far on the DREM, I've rolled:

Ratholos
Praline
Nees
Praline
Weld
Kiri

I seem to be unable to roll new 6*, but whatever.

Also, I'm debating buying an additional cotton. Since I already bought one, it will leave me with zero MP. I'd like a green cotton for Gronia and upcoming Kaede, but I could also see use in red or blue cotton as well. I'm just a bit worried that they might unveil something great for MP and I'll miss out. On the other hand, the last time they did that was quite some time ago. Any opinions?

I also wasted 2 million MP on my alt.
The reasoning for this was:
They recently released 3 new MP monsters in the shop (Amen etc) and so it might take quite a while till they bring new ones. It's a gamble, but at least you gain a stellar sub. (or two) ;)

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
second free Neydra pull was No 6 (my first).

Got another 10 stone pull and got a second NEES. Which will be a GREAT inherit on my Kami team.

Decided since I went Green Ney, I'm going to have to go Blue Cotton (need that FUA on Blonia team)

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Freebies weren't anything to write home about but I can't be too mad at this REM. I got everything I needed and then some. I have two Ideals and I'm not sure what to do with them. One is hypered (110, Team HP Super Awakening) and has almost as much RCV as other monsters do HP. The second is 99/297 but I'm debating what to do with her. I can evo her for a fun Anubis lite lead using the other ideal as a sub which could be fun. Or I could leave her as it and inherit her on Ideal as a giant stat stick/sdr protection. Or I can use them both on Rikku to be really dumb. I have options either way.

The PEM rolls were very kind to me. Main got evo'ed Z8, Alt got Ninegaruda, and wife got Myr.

Reminder to check your mail for expiring February rewards. You may need box space to hold all those evo mats.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I also wasted 2 million MP on my alt.
The reasoning for this was:
They recently released 3 new MP monsters in the shop (Amen etc) and so it might take quite a while till they bring new ones. It's a gamble, but at least you gain a stellar sub. (or two) ;)

Yeah, part of the reason I'm leaning towards it is that the gentlemen evos and the recent MP dudes seem rather lackluster. Moreover, with the recent batch having equip evos, I doubt they are due for a notable upgrade anytime soon. I'm just hesitating on pulling the trigger.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Sup kids. Long time no see. IDK what I'm even doing in this game anymore since it got too complicated for me to keep up with but just pulled on this dragon caller REM a couple times and did the event dungeon that gave me some free pulls. Total haul on my main was a few diamonds:

Ney
Shazel x2
Tardis
Ideal
Enra

And I bought that Cotton from the MP shop.

So I guess at least some of these are good (one of them is even animated which I never seen before) but it's been so long since I cleaned out my box out and built a team in this game I have no clue what to do with any of this. I feel like there was half a dozen new mechanics added since I last put any effort in. Like changes to the inherit and awakenings systems or something. Is there some kind of overview on what I missed over the last year or so that I can check out somewhere?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sup kids. Long time no see. IDK what I'm even doing in this game anymore since it got too complicated for me to keep up with but just pulled on this dragon caller REM a couple times and did the event dungeon that gave me some free pulls. Total haul on my main was a few diamonds:

Ney
Shazel x2
Tardis
Ideal
Enra

And I bought that Cotton from the MP shop.

So I guess at least some of these are good (one of them is even animated which I never seen before) but it's been so long since I cleaned out my box out and built a team in this game I have no clue what to do with any of this. I feel like there was half a dozen new mechanics added since I last put any effort in. Like changes to the inherit and awakenings systems or something. Is there some kind of overview on what I missed over the last year or so that I can check out somewhere?
I'll try to give you some perspective on just how lucky you are
Ideal is a 2% roll, Ney is a 1% roll, Enra and Tardis are both 5.5% rolls. That's absurdly good luck and incredible rolls to boot.

I don't know that I can catch you up but I can give you a decent idea of where the meta sits right now. The best teams are combo focused with durability (shield and/or HP+RCV multipliers) and unbindability (at least in the leads). Sounds obvious but there you have it. A bunch of collabs came and went with Full Metal Alchemist being the biggest game changer by giving us Edward Elric. A lead with 144x damage at 6 combos while over 50% health and a 57.75% shield while over 50% health. If this sounds busted, you're right. If it doesn't sound busted then you need to see it in action. Monster Hunter came back and introduced new Equip evolutions allowing you to irreversibly convert monsters into an assist form that grants awakenings in addition to their active skill.

Green and Blue Sonia got new evolutions that make them top tier leads capable of clearing the hardest content in the game at the cost of a very restricted sub pool. Further reinforcing the idea of "if you have any 6* GFE do not sell them" they continue to be supported and made relevant once the meta passes them by.

Your pulls (Ideal and Tardis specifically) are both great leads capable of snoozing through arena 3 with the right sub support. Ideal is arguably the best sub in the game due to her outrageous stats, strong unique active, and triple 7 combo awakenings while being unbindable herself. I don't want to sell Enra short as she shares a lot of the better qualities (unbindable, triple 7c) with Ideal but her stats can't compare and her active isn't as powerful so it's a little less incredible.

Things to read up on (I'm at work and can't write a dissertation on it):
Equip Evolutions
Super Awakenings
Monthly Quests
Rikku
Void Damage Penetration

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, that's a lot. I'll try reading some Mantastic posts to see if I can catch up.

My biggest hurdle to getting fully invested again is how big of a mess this game's box system is compared to a lot of other gacha games. Even post-box tab sorting the need to have 3 web pages open while managing my box was too much. I barely even played the latest monhun collabo since my box is still full of litter from the first one. I've been keeping up with logins and compulsory dungeon clearing this whole time, and basically spending tons of stones just to keep expanding my box so I don't have to clean it. Since the last time I was fully invested in PAD I've gone from 500 or so max box space to something like 1100, and almost all of that space is taken up by monhun trash, skillup mons, evo mats, exp dragons, tamadras, etc.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, that's a lot. I'll try reading some Mantastic posts to see if I can catch up.

My biggest hurdle to getting fully invested again is how big of a mess this game's box system is compared to a lot of other gacha games. Even post-box tab sorting the need to have 3 web pages open while managing my box was too much. I barely even played the latest monhun collabo since my box is still full of litter from the first one. I've been keeping up with logins and compulsory dungeon clearing this whole time, and basically spending tons of stones just to keep expanding my box so I don't have to clean it. Since the last time I was fully invested in PAD I've gone from 500 or so max box space to something like 1100, and almost all of that space is taken up by monhun trash, skillup mons, evo mats, exp dragons, tamadras, etc.
Good News! /Farnsworth
In an update we'll get in a couple months evo (masks, keepers, fruits, etc) materials will stack! And even better, you'll get all that box space back! My JP account recovered 200 box space from that update alone. Stones spent on box space are never wasted so nothing wrong with that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Blade and my friendly helpers! I've had the week off and basically have just been ranking up using the master dungeon but have collected some goodies along the way. I'm at Legendary Sea of Stars and have 750k MP now due to all the recent MP freebies.

Refresher of my box:
https://m.imgur.com/a/FkERB31

Of note, new:
  • Was able to UltEvo Blonia into Clea
  • About to reincarnate Leilan
  • Pulled Enra, Tardis X2, Kiri, Rathios x2
  • Converted Sarasvati to Awoken for dragon type
So I'm at Legendary Sea of Stars which is primarily a water dungeon and am having trouble with it.

My team was R.Minerva/A.Ares/A.CaoCao/Gadius/Kuvia/Enra

then I switched to my Clea team but it doesn't have the proper actives or skill cooldowns, but has great survivability

Clea/A.Sarasvati/Sherias/Kiri/Julie/Clea

The advice I received on Discord last night was to drop pursuing my Clea team since my subs aren't great and switch out to the following fire team:

Enra/A.Ares/R.Minerva(Gadius assist)/A.CaoCao/R.Leilan/Enra

What they also told me was to level up Norn Urd for her FUA and put her on the team. Who would I replace? Cao Cao is my delay. I also have a Lugh for voiding, should he be an assist? On who?

Alternatively I could build a D.Athena team now that I have enough monster points. What are y'all thoughts now that I've got some new mons, MP, and Enra?

I was able to solo to the final boss on floor 7 but without a void damage absorption wasn't able to kill him before then poison spamming started. Is that where someone like Lugh is used?

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Blade and my friendly helpers! I've had the week off and basically have just been ranking up using the master dungeon but have collected some goodies along the way. I'm at Legendary Sea of Stars and have 750k MP now due to all the recent MP freebies.

Refresher of my box:

Of note, new:
So I'm at Legendary Sea of Stars which is primarily a water dungeon and am having trouble with it.

then I switched to my Clea team but it doesn't have the proper actives or skill cooldowns, but has great survivability

The advice I received on Discord last night was to drop pursuing my Clea team since my subs aren't great and switch out to the following fire team:

What they also told me was to level up Norn Urd for her FUA and put her on the team. Who would I replace? Cao Cao is my delay. I also have a Lugh for voiding, should he be an assist? On who?

Alternatively I could build a D.Athena team now that I have enough monster points. What are y'all thoughts now that I've got some new mons, MP, and Enra?

I was able to solo to the final boss on floor 7 but without a void damage absorption wasn't able to kill him before then poison spamming started. Is that where someone like Lugh is used?

Well, first off, I don't think I'd buy Dath, especially with your box. It isn't going to be much/any better than Blonia--but discord is correct that you might find Sea of Stars to be pretty tough either way.

Enra might work, just because she has higher damage and you have access to a FUA sub, but, HP conditional leads can be really crappy if you aren't careful and you still will need to 7c to get anywhere damagewise. I would not drop Clea overall for Enra (she's a worse lead generally), but it will be good to have a team for her, as you might have an easier time on some dungeons. HP conditional lead really need a confluence of factors to be worth the trouble and she misses the mark a bit (really low damage when below threshold, middling damage when above). I, personally, think Gadius is probably a better lead than Enra in many situations, especially when you may need to stall a bit; however, the dragon restriction really does hurt your box. His survivability is pretty good though, which could allow you to stall on early floors. I'm not sure that you'll end up much better than with Blonia though (though he tends to overheal, which is pretty nice).

I'd really focus on stalling to make it through Sea of Stars. If, by the last floor, you can have a delay, boardchange, and damage spike up, you probably win with any of these teams. However, you, for sure, need a solution to the resolves (FUA, delay, even gravities of a sufficient caliber) and you need to have a plan to deal enough damage if trying to one-shot them (about 10 million on a single sub, to one-shot the blue dragon); if you have a few turns (like by successfully stalling for zeta hydra), you can use Julie's active to drop blue's defense to 0 for a turn, kill him, then use the remaining turns to work the light dragon down (7c with your sonia team should one-shot the light one, or check his resolve). As for floor seven, a fujin active would be helpful, if a bit slow (like lugh), or you could use a brief delay at the end of his 1 million absorb to give you a turn without an absorb (probably need to 7c that turn to one-shot him from full).

Just keep playing with it, don't get discouraged, it is kind of a bitch of a stage, full of BS.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

Refresher of my box:

Of note, new:

I'll try to go point by point
Clea team is tough to build just because her best subs are pretty rare and without a lot of 7c subs/burst damage is going to be pretty low meaning Sea of stars is going to be real rough. Which part of Sea of Stars are you having trouble with? There's a couple annoying spawns and the boss is obnoxious with 8,888,888 defense and resolve. It sounds like you were having trouble with Niflheim the big blue dragon with a continually bullshit damage absorb. That's definitely where you want to use Lugh. It's possible to kill it before the damage absorb goes away but you also have a couple other choices. If you delay it right before it's absorb drops you can have a turn or more to kill it without worrying about the absorb. You can also painfully stall it out if you have the ability to.

If you like playing Enra you need to keep in mind how her multiplier and shield works. Stalling with her is tough unless you can safely stay under 80%. based on the team you posted you could use Urd over Rleilan since they serve the same purpose but Urd being a little better since you get hearts and it combos well with Awoken Cao Cao. I'd put Lugh on R. Minerva since she has the lowest cooldown on the team and you have Enra and Urd to clean up poisons if it becomes an issue. You'll need to stall it up somewhere which is really the only trick.

You have Tardis who is a pretty bullet proof lead. If enra gives you problems you could try running Tardis, Balboa, Verdandi, Spica/Ronove (something to clear poison), Romia. Put Lugh on your tardis and use your friend's tardis every turn. Stall up Lugh on Nifl (shouldn't be a problem) and use Balboa + Verd on Deightros to kill.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips again Bladelaw and Aesnath

I'll take a look at what it'll take to get that Tardis team running too, haven't done much green evolving in a while so it's probably not bad. I certainly have options I think that difficulty will be in stalling to get assists ready.

Just a bummer it takes so much stamina to run the dungeon, I basically have to wait half a day to re-charge which makes me a bit rusty again.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips again Bladelaw and Aesnath

I'll take a look at what it'll take to get that Tardis team running too, haven't done much green evolving in a while so it's probably not bad. I certainly have options I think that difficulty will be in stalling to get assists ready.

Just a bummer it takes so much stamina to run the dungeon, I basically have to wait half a day to re-charge which makes me a bit rusty again.

If you still want to play and learn a team the Endless Corridors dungeons are a great way to see how a team can work with no risk of stamina loss. I've spent a long time in there just trying to figure out things like optimal boards and matching with limited time extends.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how fast it got done, I finished all 3 in my alt since it leveled up a lot in the process. My main still needs 2 for rem and ney lol.

Hermit7

Oct 27, 2017
Ah poor pulls overall from ney and rem.

Did buy 2 cotton though so that will be a bit of time before they are ready for teams.

Going to be going one blue and one dark I think. The fua and fast cool down is so good.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Noah dragon puts up a color absorb shield every turn light or dark and Red, green, or blue. If you knock her below a certain HP level she puts up a 75% shield and smacks you for a lot of damage. at every HP threshold that number goes up and the secondary effect gets worse. Skillbind-->blind board--> <bad stuff> etc.
Ideally the way to deal with her is put up a shield, knock her down, tank the first hit, then while her 75% shield is up, kill her.