unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
What could Nintendo possibly find to fill another ND? 20 minute SMW deep dive?
We got Pikmin 4 announcement last September so yeah, we can expect this one to also about 2024, I expect:
- games coming soon (SMBW, Wario Ware, SMRPG)
- games coming next year that we already know (Peach, Luigi?)
- games coming next year not announced yet
- shadow drops (Echoes please!)
- preview of more NSO games

Nah, that is impossible. Remember how accurate the reports were that we wouldn't get more games after TotK?
The best part about this was that I prepared myself to not expect much and this is now one of my favorite years for Switch :D

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020

I don't think they're claiming that. I think they're simply saying it's obvious Nintendo will have a September Direct. And it is lol

GAMECUBE REMASTERS???

METROID PRIME 2
VIEWTIFUL JOE
THOUSAND YEAR DOOR
WIND WAKER
TWILIGHT PRINCESS
F-ZERO GX

PLEASE
That part's from Zippo, who isn't to be taken seriously.

That said, I think more Gamecube Remasters/Remakes are likely. I think Nate leaked GX? Prime 2 is likely and I recall someone mentioning either Paper Mario 64 or TTYD at some point.

Last edited:

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I don't think they're claiming that. I think they're simply saying it's obvious Nintendo will have a September Direct. And it is lol

That part it's from Zippo, who isn't to be taken seriously.

That said, I think more Gamecube Remasters/Remake's are likely. I think Nate leaked GX? Prime 2 is likely and I recall someone mentioning either Paper Mario 64 or TTYD at some point.
Exactly, they aren't gonna announce all these ports at one direct. 1-2 max. TTYD and F-Zero GX have been strongly rumored and MP2 (and 3) are kind of given now.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we somehow get Metroid Prime 4, FE4 Remake, and the F-Zero GX remaster in the same direct it'll be the best one of all time for me but my pessimism doesn't let me believe this sort of thing will happen.

I would imagine any presentation like this will have more info on Wonder and SMRPG at the very least.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
19th/20th lines up with Tokyo Games Show tho, it's a week later than usual this year.
Nintendo usually has it before TGS (whether it's the week of or the one immediately before).

Plus Nintendo will also be having that Nintendo experience thing or whatever I think next week? So that just leaves the week of the 11th or 18th anyway.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
Does seem strange that they never ported over WInd Waker HD at some point, though I guess there's always been another zelda remaster/new entry to hype up over the last 6 years. Maybe in a few years after the inevitable switch 2 version of TOTK?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo usually has it before TGS (whether it's the week of or the one immediately before).

Plus Nintendo will also be having that Nintendo experience thing or whatever I think next week? So that just leaves the week of the 11th or 18th anyway.
I was thinking to last year when it was September 13th and TGS was from the 15th, but checked 2021 and it seems that year it was the week before. I know everyone else is on the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess wish train, but I've still got them on Wii U so just want to see more of Super Mario Bros Wonder and a tease for the final wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass DLC. (That said if they did get ported it would be very nice...)

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I just want TP/WW so I don't have to feel bad anymore about them being the last two WiiU games I had that I didn't play before my WiiU died lol

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Looks like it yeah.

Does seem strange that they never ported over WInd Waker HD at some point, though I guess there's always been another zelda remaster/new entry to hype up over the last 6 years. Maybe in a few years after the inevitable switch 2 version of TOTK?
I always thought that since WW and TP were already remasters, it would take some years before we see them again. Imo t's strange they didn't do another remake like LA and I hope going forward, they keep releasing ports/remasters of previous game on years without new entries. By the time next Zelda game comes, I hope we have TP/WW, another remake and hopefully a new Four Swords title.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking to last year when it was September 13th and TGS was from the 15th, but checked 2021 and it seems that year it was the week before. I know everyone else is on the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess wish train, but I've still got them on Wii U so just want to see more of Super Mario Bros Wonder and a tease for the final wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass DLC. (That said if they did get ported it would be very nice...)
I don't care about Zelda, I want them to rescue Xenoblad Chronicles X from that purgatory instead.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If there's no Wind Waker port then I'll just label the Switch a flop.
I think the long rumored TWW/TP HD ports will come but probably in the 2H next year or even later. They're good catalog fare to keep Switch 1 going after Switch 2 launch, sort of like how we saw more of those sorts of ports, remakes and remixed legacy content releases on 3DS around and after Switch launch (Luigi's Mansion, Mario Maker, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Captain Toad, Mario & Luigi 1/3, FE Gaiden, Metroid II, Dragon Quest VIII, Wario Ware Gold, Mario Party Top 100). Old stuff is good for the tail.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'd be all about an F-Zero GX remaster. I mean, Nintendo has basically said they don't know what more they can do with the IP so why not just give the best entry to date another go on a wildly successful console?

While GameCube ports are nice, do you know what I want? A port of Punch-Out!! from the Wii. An indie studio is releasing an homage called "Thunder Ray" in the coming months and while it captures the gameplay, it doesn't have the charm of PO whatsoever. I'd double dip in a heartbeat to experience that again with a nice coat of paint. I mean, what else is Next Level working on anyway? Mario Strikers Battle League is dead as dead can be. They've got time on their hands.

Xenoblade Chronicles X would be awesome too since I never played it on the Wii U and it's expensive as hell second hand.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Excited for more SM Wonder. Hoping for a Prime 2 shadowdrop! I'd love WW+TP but I just don't see it with TOTK DLC (likely) on the way

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's weird how people keep taking leaks as 100% forgone knowledge when even tried and true leakers can be wrong and plans can absolutely change.
It's not weird at all. The stakes are essentially non-existent and people enjoy getting hyped. I'm pretty sure most people rationally understand this, but still go overboard anyway because it's fun/exciting and there's no actual cost for things turning out wrong.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
It's not weird at all. The stakes are essentially non-existent and people enjoy getting hyped. I'm pretty most people rationally understand this, but still go overboard anyway because it's fun/exciting and there's no actual cost for things turning out wrong.
Nah, the hype stuff is completely fine. What I'm talking about is people who act like they KNOW what is 100% going to happen because of the same leaks that everyone else is working off of.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Prime 2 at this point. Just, hopefully it's a bit more of a budget release if it's not getting the full Prime Remaster treatment.