• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
Q-Games, makers of the PixelJunk series, has some "big news" to announce next week (Nov 18-25 2017) per the following tweet:

... despite the video saying Nov 18-25 2018 :-)

Personally, I hope it's more PixelJunk Monsters (for PS4, Switch etc. :-)

Update:

Last edited:

Goldrusher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flanders, BE
Why is he - kinda - dressed like Cousteau?

Is that a hint? An underwater game?

xImage38.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8hEjhbDwNL.jpg

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
PixelJunk Monsters 2 or Eden 2 would be amazing to see.

Or the start of PixelJunk Series 2, which was supposed to use PS1/N64-style polygonal graphics.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't they been exclusive to PlayStation for 2 console generations now?
Really hoping for Switch support.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Great, hope it's a another Monsters, I'll even take a port of the vita game since that had double the content of the ps3 one.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I adored this team for focusing (almost) exclusively on creating original content last generation but we are LONG overdue for Monsters 2.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Anything Monsters (which I will happily buy a 5th time) or Eden related would make me incredibly happy. I still defend Monsters as the best tower defense I've ever played, and barring a Monsters 2, ever will play. If they perhaps wanted to give me more slot car goodness, that would be swell too.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
They also made The Tomorrow Children right? Maybe they are announcing servers are being discontinued?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Very interesting. I don't recall hearing that before and it would be cool to see happen if Dylan and the Q team could do a Starfox homage, but that's just wishful thinking on my end.
Yep, here's the bit from ages ago that it came from:

In addition, the concepts needed to be 2D in terms of design - though he revealed that Series 2 of PixelJunk will be unique ways of using 3D in games. Later in the session, he revealed that Series 2 would "...maybe take some of the old 3D looks and bring them up to the full HD kind of style."

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...Reveals_PixelJunk_Eden_Postmortems_Series.php

OP
OP
Paulogy

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
Well if you think about it The Tomorrow Children *was* the 3D PixelJunk Monsters spiritual successor. You maintain a village against big monsters, and build up your defenses, and you have to go out into the danger zone to gather the resources.

I'd love another PixelJunk Monsters proper (2D), or take another The Tomorrow Children-like game, but only if it has local co-op. The beauty of PJ:M for me was being able to play with a friend who didn't even have to get into trouble too much, but could still be helpful (by dancing & leveling-up towers). PixelJunk's Nom Nom Galaxy had similar qualities, but it was a lot more complex, and not as gratifying (at least for us).

Last edited:

GonzoFro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would go volcanic if they announced a Pjm2.
That was one of the best games to play with my wife.
Hoping for the best.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monsters was the game that made me glad I bought a 1080p tv...just saying, a new one could get me to buy a 4K tv.
Nope, they made several DS games and did Star Fox 64 3D on 3DS.Pixeljunk Monsters was ported to Wii U even.
Had no idea there was a Wii U version. I would definitely buy a port of the Vita game on Switch.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Whatever it is, Dylan and Co. have my attention.
The Tomorrow Children had a big impact on me and will no doubt go down as one of my favorite experiences this gen. RIP. Glad I was there during its final hours. ;_;

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Pixeljunk Monsters Duo?

This might be the only mobile game I ever back, and I'm not even excited about it. I just love qgames.

Edit: I think I was the first backer, lol

Last edited:

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I really like Q-Games, and want the best for them. But if I had to spend a long time guessing the thing from them that would be of the least interest to me, then it would probably be this thing. I'm barely interested in a sequel to that game, I have no need for yet another port of the game, out of the ports mobile is of least interest to me, and if I spent money on a mobile port of that, it won't be in crowdfunding form.

Sorry Q-Games. If it had been a kickstarter for a PC version of a new Pixeljunk game, I would have been there. For this? No.

Is it April fools already?

Deleted member 62

A Kickstarter for a mobile only game is already a tough sell for me. But these two points make it an impossible task :(
  • PixelJunk Monsters Duo requires an online connection.
  • The full release version will have in-app purchases.