xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
So, I was recommended this trailer of some kind of Zelda Dungeon Maker:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znj41gqi_RU

I went to steam, downloaded the demo, tested it and it felt like a fever dream

People are already making TONS of dungeons and, honestly, even with some limited assets (demo), I had fun, some kind of fun that only 2D Zelda can bring

I'm all in for it

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Apogee? There's a brand I have not seen in quite some time.

It absolutely looks like a Zelda Maker, even to the extent of the tagging UI looking rather familiar. But, well, if Nintendo aren't covering that territory, seems fair enough game!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, looks super cool. The aesthetic is very much on point. I'm not into the creative portions of these games at all, my brain just isn't good at it, but if it fosters a community and some cool content I'll absolutely pick it up

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Graphics are super cute! Heavily inspired by minish cap it seems.

A 2D Zelda Dungeon Maker has been a dream of mine for quite a long time, so I'll check this out.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a level on my deck and I like a lot of what this offers. I will pick it up for sure. Thanks for posting.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Hopefully this is able to see console ports and online multiplayer at some point, would be great to have something filling that Four Swords itch I've had for years.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
Need. I hope they make it possible to create transferable character assets too, or at least present a wide range of possibilities.

OP
OP
xpownz

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
The roadmap for full release is Q4 2024 so I think we are in for a treat
Hope the community flourish!

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Been on my radar since I saw it at an indie show case a couple years ago, hope it takes off more than Super Dungeon Master that seemed to come and go without much traction. Never played it it but these games live based on their community

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
After Mario Maker, people were clamoring for a Zelda maker and to be honest I didn't quite see the vision for it like everyone else. But wow, this proves that it was a good idea afterall.

OP
OP
xpownz

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
After Mario Maker, people were clamoring for a Zelda maker and to be honest I didn't quite see the vision for it like everyone else. But wow, this proves that it was a good idea afterall.
You should test the demo and see how everything connects! It's quite charming, even with very limited assets for the demo. Puzzles are very functional, even on different floors (they added the possibility of interacting with different switches and falling through floors on previous inacessible places, it's pretty good!)

Maps, small keys, compass, big keys, everything we learned to love, it's there

EDIT: Also dungeon items! I just finished a dungeon that needed a fire boomerang and it was COOL