• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Heya, this may be something very specific, but was thinking of playing through the games without having to buy them. Have a retail PS5 sitting nearby not doing much. Does anyone know if:

* I can run God of War in 60 fps on the PS5, if I get it via the PS Plus subscription thingy? Or do I have to buy the game for some PS5 version?
* Similarly, what about TLoU2 via PS Now? Would I be able to download (and not stream) the game and run it in 60 fps if subscribed to PS Now, or do I need to buy the game?

I don't really care to own the games, just wanna play through them once while I have this PS5 around. Sadly, Sony doesn't make it easy to know what's what in their PS5 store.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
ps4 and ps5 games can be downloaded onto the console locally through ps now, so they act like normal versions.

And yes, GOW and TLOU 2 will run at 60 fps on ps5

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
yeah they are still only ps4 games with latest patches making them run 60fps on ps5.
there is no other ps5 build for them.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Neither of these games have a native PS5 version, both run at 60 in PS4 back compat, download both and go!

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Both are simply enhanced BC patches, not native PS5 versions. Any fully-patched PS4 copy will run at 60fps when played on PS5