haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 4 - It was great for about 80% of the game, but towards the end I just really wanted it to be over, and even worse, the later Dandori challenges really shined a spotlight on the issues with the controls and Pikmin AI. I'd probably still give it around an 8, but I'm feeling pretty sour towards the game now and have no desire to touch it again.

Mario Wonder - I'm just starting the third world, but so far I'd give it around an 8.5 or 9. I love all the creativity that went into this game.

Buried Stars - I'm just a few hours in, and since it's a VN I can't really say much about it yet. I'm hoping it it lives up to its potential.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Alan Wake 2 - My GOTY. Most unique experience this year by far.

Spiderman 2 - Top 5 PS5 game. Much better than the first IMO but I played it much later and on the PS5 right before MM.

Cyberpunk/PL - Base game was quite good, 8/10. Phantom Liberty however was a 9/10 to me as far as DLCs go. You could definitely tell CDPR are starting to understand the world better and what makes the game fun. CP2 should be quite refined if Phantom Liberty is any indication.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Spider-Man 2: Much better than the first one in all regards. Needed more content and I would've liked a reason to come back to it after finishing the story.

Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood: Great. Gets a bit tiring at a certain point where because of the plot you gotta do something repeatedly, but it's a great game and one of my best experienced with Indies.

Outer Wilds: Better than the other few couple times I tried it, but the controls are still a mess and the performance on PS5 in Giants Deep needs another BIG look. Never seen a game on PS5 stutter that much.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Genshin Impact - Abandoned it for more than a year because I found keeping up to everything is a slog, but came back and surprised by how good the recent stuff is

Coral Island - Very relaxing game and it has charming characters. Very familiar if you ever played Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and other farming games. Not a fan of the combat though.

Lies of P - Tried this on Game Pass and wow, it's fun? Like, a lot of fun. I have never played a Souls game or a Soulslike in my life before. Sure Lies of P is difficult so far but man does beating a boss feel satisfying.

Jul 14, 2023
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (9.5/10) - The most fun 2D Mario game I've played in years. Far more creative than any New game, and easily one of my favorite games to release from this year.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (9.5/10) - Absolutely crazy adventure game with a great story that worked far better than it had any right to. I really need to play more Vanillaware titles after this.

Drakengard (6/10) - The second Yoko Taro game I've played (after Nier Automata). Absolutely hated playing it but really loved the bizarre story/atmosphere. Although I abandoned it after getting Ending D, it was one of the most unforgettable gaming experiences I'll ever have, despite how awful it felt to actually play it.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Like A Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name - super brief run through the intro, found myself liking the familiarity of that first area post tutorial fights and story exposition.

COD:MW3 - it's Call of Duty. I like it this year, I liked it a bit less last year. I finished the campaign pre-launch and have been hooked by the grind. Also my lobbies are either bots or pros. No in between.

Spider-Man 2 - a fantastic game. Showed love to the characters, didn't waste our time (played with my son) and left room for DLCs that I assume are coming eventually. Didn't overstay its welcome while also not feeling skimpy or shallow.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Wonder 9/10 a bit top easy but creative as fuck
Alan Wake II 10/10 Combat is a-ok but everything else shines
Spider-Man 2 8/10 worse than Miles, better than 1

Policy Chonk

Jul 9, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
Fallout 76 - 8/10 - Much improved since launch, fantastic huge open world with varied monsters and now sporting NPCs and factions, feels more like traditional Fallout including some jankiness

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered - 9/10 - It's almost impressive how Activision put out and inferior version of this sorry with less memorable versions of every character from Shepard to Makarov, this really is what you call a Blockbuster game, Hans Zimmer's score is sublime.

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Remastered - 9/10 - Still impressive after all these years and the remaster does everything I needed to do graphically, All Ghillied Up is still an all timer.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man 2:
Absolutely stunning piece of work that, despite being open world, never overstayed its welcome. A fantastic achievement.

Metal Gear Solid:
A true classic. While the Master Collection is not ideal, the gane holds up incredibly well. A masterpiece.

Jurassic Park (SNES):
I love the fact the collection exists and I aleays loved the SNES games overworld and first person sections.... but my goodness the framerate of the indoor sections is hard to cope with and I'm not usually one with framerate issues. It's so jarring now. Might need to play on a smaller screen

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Flashback 2 - absolute dog shit. 3/10
Crime Boss: Rackay City - surprisingly good gunplay but everything else is a bust 4/10
Sonic Superstars - fun platforming but the terrible boss fights drag the whole thing down 5.5/10

Damn, seems like you had a great time playing Video Games lol

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
RoboCop: a tasty, passionate and well executed surprise 8/10
Separate Ways: I expected a more convincing twist of the R4R formula. It has a few brilliat moments, the rest is average 6/10
Modern Warfare 3 MP: the maps of my fav CoD MP, the movement of the last ones, Lockwood MK2 still a viable choice. I couldn't ask for anything better 9/10

dc3k

Feb 10, 2018
not america
doom eternal, 6/7: fuck yeah
rdr2, 2/7: slogged through it for 39 hours. gave up when i found out i was still two chapters from the end. incredibly boring and infuriating gameplay. missions were all the same. story was okay.
watch dogs legion, ?/7: only 10 hours in. it's fairly fun for what it is. graphically everything looks like plastic and pedestrians glitch out a lot.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
Doom series was on sale last month and got through a few of them.

Doom (1993) - A lot of fun. I can see why it's a classic. I was also afraid there was going to be obnoxiously difficult sections where they spawn 5 billion enemies behind you every time you hit a switch but it's actually a pretty fair game.

Doom 2 - Oh, this is where all the obnoxiously difficult sections where they spawn 5 billion enemies behind you every time you hit a switch are. Maybe I could overlook some of its quirks and annoyances but that Icon of Sin fight ends the game on something of a sour note.

Doom 64 - There's a lot more restraint in enemies compared to Doom 2 which makes it much better. I don't think it's as fun as Doom 1 though but I'd have to replay and compare them. It continues the series proud tradition of having a shitty final boss fight so congrats there.

Impostor

Sep 19, 2022
Zelda TOTK - My favourite open world got better and greatly expanded. One of my GOATs

Mario Wonder - Fun and casual gaming with my son!

Alan Wake Remastered - Was one of my favourite games during the 2010s. Still holds up and is part 1 (Control is part 2) for my preparations to Alan Wake II

Suton

Nov 9, 2022
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex - Too many gimmick sections, otherwise it's Crash 3 but not as good; still fun.

Fights in tight spaces - A deck builder that I actually like, when you're in the zone it's sooo good. The last stretch of the dlc is pure torture though.

Uplink -

037f65dd74256f839d48f0b755e805a9.jpg

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Jusant - terrific climbing simulator with BotW artstyle
Spirittea - slow going "spirit bathhouse simulator" with off brand Stardew Valley aesthetics
Alan Wake 2 - my GOTY.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Ghosts of Tabor - I'm addicted to it. Janky and buggy as hell, but Tarkov in VR is absolutely intense.

SF6 - did not expect Yakuza SF.

Power Wash Simulator VR - I can see why people enjoy regular PWS. Belt kinda annoying, but using buttons works well.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Ghost of Tsushima - Incredible art direction, great main story, largely forgettable side content.
Scarface The World Is Yours - Easily the best GTA clone out there. Deserves a modern port.
Batman Arkham Origins - Best game in the Arkham series.

Jun 11, 2023
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection: Despite there not being any upgrades to the visuals or any extra features this is best series of games ever created. 10/10

Spider-Man 2: A fun comic book adventure that takes what worked from the previous game and builds upon it to an incredibly fun play through with a slightly lacking storyline. 9/10

Jedi Survivor: Incredible sequel which was hampered far too long by performance issues which are thankfully fixed for the most part. It tarnished what could have been a highly regarded entry in the series 8/10

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Circuit - One of the best Mega Man style games I've ever played.

Trepang2 - If you like F.E.A.R. and that scene in John Wick 4 where he destroys everyone with a dragon's breath shotgun, you should probably play this as soon as possible.

Jusant - You climb and it's relaxing and gorgeous and the perfect length.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Spider-Man 2 - Great combat, super fun traversal and a story that just keeps ramping up. Probably the best potrail of Venom ever too, amazing. 9/10

Baldur's Gate 3 - Incredible freedom in it's RPG mechanics, challenging turn based combat, awesome characters and good storylines. 10/10 and GOTY 2023.

Zelda: TotK - Massive amount of freedom and super fun power's make it a must play Switch game - 9/10

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019
Pokémon BDSP: Sinnoh still sucks and is by far the worst region in the entire franchise, but these are the definitive versions to experience it.

Super Mario Wonder: An absolute delight filled to the brim with creativity. Easily a top 3 Mario game and arguably the best Mario 2D platformer. Will take a couple of years to settle in my rankings.

The original Assassin's Creed: Genuinely not even a good game that feels like a tech demo for the rest of the franchise. No subtitles, so you barely understand the dialogue at points. Unskippable cutscenes. Clunky traversal. Obnoxious battle system. Insane repetition.

Forgiven Empathy

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
Elden Ring: Playing it with Co-op mod makes a fun ass game even more fun, just fucking around in that game is amazing and even better with friends. I'd say play this game but you probably have

Lethal Company: Super fun, actually is kind of scary if you have stuff and you don't want to lose out on your hard earned profits. Also wondering "Why aren't they picking up?" when you try to radio them is great

Signalis: Play this game if you like survival horror games, play it if you like abstract concepts in horror, play it if you're a lesbian. Play it.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Lord of the Fallen (2023) - unfinished Dark Souls clone. [6]

Robocop: Rogue City - it's Deus Ex... Machina. [8]

Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Men with wings. [8]

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Nexus VR: Parkour Perfection.

Quake 1 VR: Left me quaking in my boots.

Half-Life 1 VR: I waited more than half my life for this.

JTyrmi

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Mario Wonder, haven't beat it yet, but so far it's amazing. Very innovative.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom simply amazing experience, one of the best games ever. Beat it after 220h of play time.
Xcom 2, a very good strategy game.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Rainbow Six Siege: One of the best multiplayer shooters ever

Baldur's Gate 3: The best RPG of all time

Slay the Spire: Fantastic little deck builder roguelike, basically kickstarted the entire trend I think

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Alan Wake 2: A weird, engaging, beautiful game. Nothing really like it - 9

Halo Infinite: Best multiplayer this gen. Easily. - 9

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
Sea of Stars - Fun game that riffs off of Chrono Trigger but forges it's own identity. Solid story, but it falls apart completely at the end.

Gotham Knights - Clunky combat, decent boss fights, predictable story. Definitely did not need to be an open world game.

Final Fantasy 7: Intergrade - I'm about 2 hours in. It looks great. I'm not feeling the action combat in place of turn based. Way too much Sephiroth this early in the game.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Robocop: Rogue City: 8/10, great adaptation. Loses some tension when you become a god.

Modern Warfare 3: 5/10, maybe 4. Open world levels bring it into the gutter and it's still only a few hours long.

Alan Wake 2: 8/10 so far. I loved American Nightmare so I miss the combat focus but what's there is great.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Aliens: Dark Descent - quirky and slightly buggy real time tactics game with an x-com like overlay on the between mission section. Fun game, the universe helps fill some of the holes I found in game play.
Hardspace Shipbreaker - Absolutely loved it. It's a different type of puzzle game with a wonderful soundtrack.
My Time At Sandrock - Sandbox RPG in the vein of Harvest Moon kinda. Currently addicted to it's quirky characters and progression.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
GTA4: Ballad of Gay Tony - 3/5 stars - More fun than Lost and Damned but still felt mostly throwaway. Confused how/why they reviewed so well (and I liked base GTA4.) Holy moly, a lot of gay slurs.

Suika Game (played about 15 hours) - 3/5 stars - good concept and nice time killer but Switch ver. is extremely frustrating and feels a bit luck based. I think I've hit a skill ceiling and good scores feel like roll of the dice.

Mario Wonder - 4.5/5 - Fun game, great presentation. Didn't feel like it really got going until like halfway through. Pound for pound NSMBU is the better platformer but this does feel fresher in terms of ideas.

Concrete1337

Sep 1, 2020
Starfield: clunky parts that fit together into a great planet hopping experience. 8.5/10

Spider-Man 2: amazing gameplay and mechanics. Great first half story l. But really didn't jive with how venom played out. 8.5/10

Baldurs gate 3: pretty much what I expected. Amazing game. Party members could be a bit less thirsty though. 10/10

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Star Ocean 2R - 9/10 fantastic remaster of an amazing RPG.

Mario RPG Remake - 9/10 enhances the original in a lot of ways, but it could've done more.

Sea of Stars - 7/10 decent throwback JRPG that got boring after 10 hours, but its still solid overall.

MimosaSTG

Jun 7, 2022
All played on PC:

Mortal Kombat 1 = 4.5 out of 10.
It is a very unfinished product. Clunky, slow menus, horrible monetization, non-existing music, questionable animations outside supers/fatalities, the extra mode is painfully bad. The gameplay is okay. The assist feature feels tacked on to me. Character outfits are boring as hell. X and XI had great designs while this one feels like they purposely made very boring outfits in order to sell future DLC. PC port is laughable... 30FPS in menus and combat? Really? The story mode was decent in the first half, but completely fell apart... and the ending was a dumb rehash or something done before. Also pay-walling/locking Fatalities/Brutalities seems gross to me. Even if they are endgame flourishes, I still look at them as part of the moveset, and that's just idiotic to me. It's definitely a fighting game that will not have any legs in the tournament scene and is meant for the "I always buy MK" crowd.

Alan Wake 2 = 9 out 10.
Does an amazing job with story and exploration. Amazing graphics, wonderful presentation, and outstanding performances by the cast. They did such a great job tying everything into Remedy's universe. While I do enjoy how pretty this game is, I'm glad that the team went beyond just trying to make something pretty. They made a well lived in world with great puzzles, decent combat, and great story.

Ace Combat 7 = 7.5 out of 10.
It's a very fun game that is let down by weird story points and strange graphical design choices. Graphics are not that great outside of seeing explosions and other little flourishes during flight. They really neutered what this game could have looked like if they would have allowed for proper graphical scaling. Horrible terrain textures that look like they are from a 2006 game, horrible LOD that takes you out of the experience, and really bad jet models with low-res textures. The story was nonsensical dribble with weird motivations for its cast. The voice acting was not good for most of the cast. It felt so stiff. The gameplay itself I found to be very thrilling and dogfighting never got old for me with rock solid performance. My frametime graph was as smooth as glass @ 120FPS.

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
Forza Motorsport (multiplayer) : 8/10. Super frustrating game. When it works, it's fantastic. It just doesn't work very well. Still riddled with bugs but the core gameplay is brilliant. I love the driving and physics and you can have some really close races online. Hopefully they iron out all the bugs and issues because they've got a real good base to build on here.

Assassin's Creed Mirage : 7/10. About 10 hours in. It's only really just clicked for me and I'm really enjoying it now. Story is a bit meh, I can never really follow an AC game story very well but the gameplay is fun. I'm glad it's shorter and more focused than the last 3 games.

Like a Dragon Gaiden : 8/10. Only just started chapter 2 so super early on but I like it a lot so far. First game in the series I've played. Looking forward to getting into it more. Fighting is fun, I like the story and characters and the arcades are great.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Cod Mw3 - zombies is great, mp is a sweatfest and haven't touched the story. Im basically grinding unlocks hoping Warzone is good. 6.5/10

Spiderman 2 - its good but its not a GOTY contender. The first 75% is a slog buy the final act is good. 8/10

Starfield - Purposely waited for DlSS and FG which is s night sndcday difference but have forgotten how to play it lol. Can't really give a score at the moment

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Baldur's Gate 3: 10/10, GOAT, dream RPG

Starfield: Dropped for now, didn't compare well

Tears of the Kingdom: Fun but feels too samey to BOTW to truly stand out

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Mario RPG: a fine remake of an undisputed classic, but I wish it expanded beyond the original. 8/10

Spider-Man 2: Absolutely massive, incredible storytelling, looks gorgeous, gameplay is ridiculously fun, but the side missions remain kind of pointless. I haven't finished it (put to down to play Mario RPG) but right now it's a 9/10

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Pretty much perfection. Incredible gameplay, enormous world, fantastic exploration, game surprisingly performs pretty well, and endlessly customizable and rewarding creativity. The story leaves a little to be desired, but to me this is the game of the year. 10/10.

I haven't played BG3 yet, still waiting on that physical PS5 release. I might just bite the bullet and get the Special Edition but I'm really hoping Larian works out a deal with a publisher to get it in stores proper.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Last 3 I beat

Alan Wake 2: 9.5/10, my GOTY, adored it. I'm still astonished that something this bold, unique, weird, and risky came from the AAA space. Remedy is just at the top of their game right now.

Exoprimal: 6/10, theres a structurally sound and fairly decent co-op shooter at the core of this, they just had no idea what to do with it between matches other than drip feeding cutscenes or the occasional surprise raid boss. Mindlessly entertaining enough but its got no legs.

Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice: 7.5/10, story didnt quite grab me the way I hoped and the combat wore very thin by the end, but its drop dead gorgeous with incredible performances. The main gimmick was well utilized as well. I'll be happy to play the sequel.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BG3: -10/10. Won't let me quit it. I am in my 2nd play through, thinking about my 3rd. Halp.

Starfield: er. 7/10. It's ok. Gating the most fun elements (to me) behind grind/ end game, and given what happens in end game/ ng+ ... still boggles my mind.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lies of P. 8.5/10 Bloodborne 2 baby
...without Form's master art direction

Spiderman 2 8/10 more spiderman 2018 venom is cool but combat and traversal gets old too quick

Mario wonder 8/10 fun if you're looking to unlock all stages some levels are legit brilliant

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Dead Space (remake)
3/5
Played on Story difficulty. Pretty fun stuff, huge step up in almost every way from my few hours in Callisto Protocol.

Cult of the Lamb
3/5
Fun game, lite cult management, the endings are very bare but so is the story. It's all about the art style.

The Case of the Golden Idol: The Spider of Lanka
5/5
Fantastic base game, so the DLC just feeds me more of the awesome mystery and challenging observational puzzles.

Keekon

Mar 30, 2019
Dave the Diver - great fun and surprisingly long time waster 8/10

FF16 - action was fine but repetitive, bosses fun, side quests boring, disappointing mainline entry 7/10

Spider-Man 2 - just great all around, improves on everything from previous instalments 9/10

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
EA FC24 - 6/10, predatory loot box tactics with crap meta, but lots of content

Spider-Man 2 - 7/10, my first time playing any of them. Fun traversal but far too formulaic

Star ocean 2 R - 9.5/10, rpg heaven