• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
there was a report a while back about how they were adjusting poorly to office life, city traffic, etc.

kinda hilarious imagining these fucks in the opening sequences of office space lol
Yea I think this one is saying the same thing as the previous report. Because the comments about wanting a position with a car, spending all day stuck in an office on Twitter, and the quotes about longing for village life are giving me the biggest case of déjà vu

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
The one thing I'll agree with the Taliban on is that malfunctioning printers trigger my violent tendencies too.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
The former fighters found themselves missing the freedom of the front-lines as they adjusted to the mundane nature of office work. Huzaifa, a 24 year-old former sniper, said, "The Taliban used to be free of restrictions, but now we sit in one place, behind a desk and a computer 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Life's become so wearisome; you do the same things every day."

"In our ministry, there's little work for me to do," said Abdul Nafi, 25. "Therefore, I spend most of my time on Twitter. We're connected to speedy Wi-Fi and Internet. Many mujahedin, including me, are addicted to the Internet, especially Twitter."

I wonder if some of them have Era accounts.

Oct 28, 2017
Yea I think this one is saying the same thing as the previous report. Because the comments about wanting a position with a car, spending all day stuck in an office on Twitter, and the quotes about longing for village life are giving me the biggest case of déjà vu

It's not just saying the same things, it's literally just a recap of that report

The Afghanistan Analysts Network, a non-profit policy research organization working to increase the understanding of life in Afghanistan, released a report last month examining how the jihadists who took over Kabul—many of whom arrived in the capital for the first time—were finding city life and their new roles. Researcher Sabawoon Samim interviewed five jihadists who had spent several years of their lives fighting for the Taliban

That's the exact article we already had a thread on

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
During the insurgency, Samim notes that the men did not need to earn money to support their families, as the movement covered their expenses. "The jihad, a religious duty which exempted them from such everyday concerns, is over: they now have to work for the survival of their families like everyone else."

The high cost of rent and his relative low pay have been a barrier for Mansur, who is not earning enough money to move his family to the city. Salam echoed the high cost of living in Kabul, and said that he missed the freedom of the jihad, with little supervision and a clear purpose.

"There is a proverb in our area that money is like a shackle," says Salam. "Now, if we complain, or don't come to work, or disobey the rules, they cut our salary."

If they keep complaining like this, soon enough they won't have to worry about office work because the US will invade them again to fight against communism, lol.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
there was a report a while back about how they were adjusting poorly to office life, city traffic, etc.

kinda hilarious imagining these fucks in the opening sequences of office space lol
All of this is the modern version of what happened to the various nomadic steppe peoples (and the Brythonic Celts, Germanics, and Slavs to a lesser extent) when they encountered the various settled civilizations of Eurasia. At first they resisted, but then gave in to modern amenities. Within a few years, these dudes will be like the Gulf oligarchies and Iran, where they're still fundamentalist but also deeply modern in their way-of-life despite the seeming contradiction.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's not just saying the same things, it's literally just a recap of that report

The Afghanistan Analysts Network, a non-profit policy research organization working to increase the understanding of life in Afghanistan, released a report last month examining how the jihadists who took over Kabul—many of whom arrived in the capital for the first time—were finding city life and their new roles. Researcher Sabawoon Samim interviewed five jihadists who had spent several years of their lives fighting for the Taliban

That's the exact article we already had a thread on

And it's still hilarious. I hope those guys suffer every minute of the existence of their theocracy.

May many printers fail and "strange women" force them to feel insecure.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the shackles of power ya fuckwits.

If they weren't murderous bastards I'd agree with them with the pains of being stuck in one place all the time in the office and how banal it is.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
So all that was needed to beat the Taliban was build their country's infrastructure and give them boring desk jobs.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's funny, but this is kind of thing happens all throughout history. Whenever a group of freedom fighters or rebels or insurgents finally gain power, the shift to governing is always another moment of tension. I took a class about this in college, it was pretty interesting.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is a headline I never thought I would read. Not sure how to feel about it to honest. Fuckers are back to pre 2002 level of fuckery especially with women so until they all quiet quit, it won't change anything.

But amazing headline nonetheless

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
Figured the guy in charge of women's affairs is quiet quitting and no one else in the Taliban is batting an eye.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
All of this is the modern version of what happened to the various nomadic steppe peoples (and the Brythonic Celts, Germanics, and Slavs to a lesser extent) when they encountered the various settled civilizations of Eurasia. At first they resisted, but then gave in to modern amenities. Within a few years, these dudes will be like the Gulf oligarchies and Iran, where they're still fundamentalist but also deeply modern in their way-of-life despite the seeming contradiction.

I'll recommend you this great documentary, although it goes much further in time:

youtu.be

The Entire History of Steppe Nomads & City Builders // Ancient Prehistory Documentary

Get MagellanTV here: https://try.magellantv.com/historytime & get an exclusive offer extended to our viewers: an extra month FREE. MagellanTV is a new kind o...

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I guess if they're incompetent, they can do less harm to vulnerable people.

Conservatism is the same everywhere.

hh2NWe3.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, not even 2 years after a 20 year war against them and they're starting to kill their movement on their on. Maybe giving them a purpose and unifying them through conflict wasn't a smart idea after all

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Curious, did they not run things before the war or was there not as much infrastructure and city type stuff?

I bet the woman would love to get in on this work and learn things but can't have that so are they just going to let things crumble?

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha no, none of us are on Era.

Edit: oh shit

Wait what

Curious, did they not run things before the war or was there not as much infrastructure and city type stuff?

I bet the woman would love to get in on this work and learn things but can't have that so are they just going to let things crumble?

They're pretty much a different generation. It was other people (older) before the war.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
"There is a proverb in our area that money is like a shackle," says Salam. "Now, if we complain, or don't come to work, or disobey the rules, they cut our salary."
Taliban, meet capitalism.