Oct 27, 2017
VMWJjY5.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZfcz9XtYVQ

Developer/Publisher: mino_dev
Platform: PC
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
Price: $15 (with a launch discount, amount TBC) (pricing varies by region)
Release Date: 9th May 2024

KQkctPQ.png

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2132850/Rabbit_and_Steel/

RABBIT & STEEL is a co-op action "raiding" roguelike focused around fighting challenging bosses alongside your rabbit-eared friends. Fight foes, gather loot, build your character, and work together to overcome obstacles on your way to the Moonlit Pinnacle.

Combat is deliberately similar to tab-target MMORPGs, being based around global cooldowns, effective skill usage, gear effects, and resolving boss mechanics through teamwork.

This isn't an MMO, though; it's a roguelike!

Start a run, pick a class, invite friends to your lobby and you're raiding in seconds. Up to 4 players can play together locally, online, or a mix of the two. Or go it alone if you prefer; the boss mechanics will adjust to suit the size of your party.

f6eJTLy.png

9NMmEZQ.gif

eOB2fZB.gif

7xnSOqH.gif

uNcorc9.gif

T6gaFnA.gif

6um57aL.gif

rrCRS3t.gif

o5a7iST.png

jLj2zRq.gif

A genre staple, the game is packed full of loot to steel your characters for the challenging battles ahead. Of course, certain items are better suited to specific classes, so bringing a varied selection of rabbits gives you the best chance of gearing everyone up happily without resorting to ear pulling and fur ripping.

GeOqeQc.gif

Purchasing gems will upgrade an ability until the end of the run, giving it powerful new effects that vary depending on your class. Sometimes it's greater damage at the cost of speed, sometimes it's a random chance for something wacky to happen, and sometimes it completely changes the ability to a new one!

pr1fb4C.gif

Potions have powerful effects that give you a sizable upper hand. For example, the Evasion Potion shrinks the size of your hitbox, allowing you to graze slightly into projectiles and AoEs without taking damage. They have a drawback though: their effects only last until the end of the current stage, making them a temporary boon to get you through a potentially tough spot.

d5pniht.png

yflB7hc.gif

You can also join the official discord if you're looking for allies (invite link on the Steam store page). Rabbit season is always open!

U8JSXPx.png

Credit to the developer, mino_dev, for providing basically all the info and resources used in this thread.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow really has an onslaught of games, huh. I thought this was at least a few days later.

Guess I'll need to see how many of my FF14 playing friends are interested…

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited to play this! Curious to see if my partner and I's hundreds of hour of XIV Savage raiding will in any way translate to be any good at this.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
As a controller player, the game thought I was two controllers and tried to local play two players on the same controller.

Anyways, go into options and disable the controller type you're not using to fix this.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I played this with a FF14 raiding bud and it's fucking *awesome*. Trying to get our group to play anything besides ff is like pulling teeth but I hope we can get at least two others. We finished a run on normal but I know those fights gotta be way crazier with four people

I was playing Dark Knight bunny and they were on Dancer bunny. Fun ass combo. I also love the art. It's really cute and has a lot of charm. The music is super good too! It's really fun and catchy. The final boss on our normal run felt suitably epic as well. I hope this game pops off

I'm really excited to play this! Curious to see if my partner and I's hundreds of hour of XIV Savage raiding will in any way translate to be any good at this.

Totally. Some of the mechanics are pulled straight from savage fights but used in new and crazy ways. The most obvious one I've seen so far is a combo of the future-sight mechanic from Eden (idk the actual name, the one where it shows like 3-4 mechanics over your head and you need to remember them) + the time stop mechanic from Alex where you have to position yourself and prepare for knockbacks/mechanics before being frozen in place and seeing them all play out

Last edited:

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is out now? Nice!

I love Maiden & Spell, and I did like the demo for this, too, although not as much. Will not have access to my main PC for a couple of weeks soon, but this is something I could play on the lappy.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a controller player, the game thought I was two controllers and tried to local play two players on the same controller.

Anyways, go into options and disable the controller type you're not using to fix this.

I was having this same problem! It made it very difficult to buy items from the shops. Will check out that fix.

Totally. Some of the mechanics are pulled straight from savage fights but used in new and crazy ways. The most obvious one I've seen so far is a combo of the future-sight mechanic from Eden (idk the actual name, the one where it shows like 3-4 mechanics over your head and you need to remember them) + the time stop mechanic from Alex where you have to position yourself and prepare for knockbacks/mechanics before being frozen in place and seeing them all play out

In the run we did it the familiarity of mechancis definitely helped, but it's also a different skillset because R&S requires a lot more parsing of the mechanics and combinations as they come up and quicky knowing what to do, while XIV raiding, and especially Savage, is more about memorization. But being able to parse the spreads/stacks and teleports and etc certainly helped a lot in terms of just instinctually knowing what to do. It didn't look like the bosses in this always follow the same script, at least? But haven't done enough runs to get that down.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I was having this same problem! It made it very difficult to buy items from the shops. Will check out that fix.

In the run we did it the familiarity of mechancis definitely helped, but it's also a different skillset because R&S requires a lot more parsing of the mechanics and combinations as they come up and quicky knowing what to do, while XIV raiding, and especially Savage, is more about memorization. But being able to parse the spreads/stacks and teleports and etc certainly helped a lot in terms of just instinctually knowing what to do. It didn't look like the bosses in this always follow the same script, at least? But haven't done enough runs to get that down.
That's true for sure! R&S is wayyyyyyy faster. I'm not sure if they follow a script either. There's so much happening so fast I'd have to do like 20 runs of the same route to be able to tell lmao

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed this OT doesn't have more posts. This is a damn good game that makes it so I can enjoy the best parts about FFXIV with my friends who don't want to trudge through hundreds of hours of story to get there.