Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the racist dies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...r-he-was-punched-back/?utm_term=.f76578f852fa

Magnuson was unrelenting and hurled numerous aggressive insults and racist slurs at him.

That was something Warren, who is black, could not abide.

He stepped out of the truck, and both men yelled at each other.

Magnuson took a swing. Warren swung back, connecting a single blow above Magnuson's left eye that sent him tumbling to the ground.

Magnuson, 55, briefly lost consciousness, then died later that evening.

And in the most surprising part of the story..

Prosecutors, however, have decided not to charge Warren, 41, with a crime. He did not intend to kill Magnuson and acted in self-defense during the Sept. 26 incident, the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office said in a memo released Monday.

OP
OP
Spartancarver

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I did a quick search but didn't find anything :(

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
we had this thread but it got locked for some reason.

Some people were all upset that people didn't really care that this dude died. Sure its sad, but "don't start none, won't be none" is what i wanted to say but it got locked while i was writing my post.
when you throw punches you risk getting your ass beat.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel really bad for the driver, even if it was an accident and in these circumstances, I have to believe a normal individual would honestly be really crushed if they killed another person. He was entirely in his right to defend himself, though. I just know I would struggle to live with myself knowing I took another person's life.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the most craziest takeaway is the Black driver wasn't prosecuted.

There's going to be a White House petition for the cause of death to be changed to "Reverse racism".

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I went in expecting a black FedEx driver to be jailed at best, killed by police at worst, left shockingly surprised.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
A classic "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" situation.

If you're too out of shape to throw hands don't fucking do it. But I'm sure this delusional guy bought into the superior race ideology and that house of cards came crashing down faster than this thread will fill up with whataboutism and apologists for the "racist who didn't deserve to die no matter how stupid he acted".

Last edited:

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Wow at the dude not being charged, I guess sometimes the justice system works.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Surprise he wasn't charged. It must be tough knowing you kill someone even if it was accidental and even though the person was a racist piece of trash.

Not even horrible people deserve to go die after instigating a fight and being made of rotten meat.

Oct 27, 2017
Last thread was locked.

In before the saints come in and reprimand people for not caring that a racist, let alone an aggressive one is dead.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if folks will rush in here to mourn a racist like they did the last thread about this?
Oh and that one genius that said racism was just a political point of view.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this story really ends with a reasonable outcome. Fedex better not have fired him over this.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
He got what is coming to him and I hope it sends a message that if you wanna start shit, prepare to get your ass beat, because people aren't gonna take your vile verbal filth sitting down.

So incredibly glad that he wasn't charged, because I totally could have seen it go the other way.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
He died from one punch. Goddamn.

Nothing of value was lost. He started it.
Happens more often than you'd think

Usually down to how the person lands

I knew a guy who went to prison because he had a fight with his brother on a night out, swung at him and his brother went down and smashed his head off the kerb.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I feel really bad for the driver, even if it was an accident and in these circumstances, I have to believe a normal individual would honestly be really crushed if they killed another person. He was entirely in his right to defend himself, though. I just know I would struggle to live with myself knowing I took another person's life.
Knowing you did so in self defense, would you really find it difficult to live with? The only other option is to allow yourself to die

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
He died from one punch. Goddamn.

Nothing of value was lost. He started it.

Punch didn't kill him. Sounds similar to that girl some years back that got hit in the head with a stray hockey puck and died the next day despite feeling okay. Sometimes blows to the head can cause bleeding that's undetectable without a scan.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm relieved to hear the victim wasn't prosecuted.

There is literally no reason for that guy to be in there messing with a fed ex employee. The driver was defending himself.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Knowing you did so in self defense, would you really find it difficult to live with? The only other option is to allow yourself to die

I mean people usually aren't punched to death so that wasn't really the only option. He could've just left. The guy was 55 apparently was one punch away from death so I doubt he was strong enough to stop him from leaving. Being in the right doesn't mean you don't have to live with taking a life.

Not that I am saying Saitama did anything wrong with dealing with that racist asshole. Though it does sound like he was speeding through a residential area.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I mean people usually aren't punched to death so that wasn't really the only option. He could've just left. The guy was 55 apparently was one punch away from death so I doubt he was strong enough to stop him from leaving. Being in the right doesn't mean you don't have to live with taking a life.

Not that I am saying Saitama did anything wrong with dealing with that racist asshole. Though it does sound like he was speeding through a residential area.

Witnesses said he was going at normal speed so your assumption of guilt is trash

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much. I'd feel bad if someone got caught up in something that they didn't deserve. But home boy took a swing at the driver first. Dude just wanted to do his job and be on his way but he had to start shit.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Witnesses said he was going at normal speed so your assumption of guilt is trash

From the article
Timothy Warren was driving his FedEx truck through a verdant neighborhood in Portland, Ore., when the man he would soon kill screamed that Warren was going too fast.

Warren stopped his truck. He was exhausted, he tried to explain to Joseph Magnuson that day in late September, and just wanted to get done with his work.

That to me says he was trying to finish his route quickly and was driving faster than normal. Maybe I interpreted it wrong? Again, not saying he did anything wrong. And even if he was speeding that is no excuse to start yelling racist shit. I have no idea why you are so weirdly aggressive about this.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Sucks it ended that way, but well, hard to give much sympathy for the guy. Glad the driver didn't get charged.