DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, that explains that huge OKC leak.

Good on them for not caving in though.

Now where's my KID A demo's?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone can condense this into just the more "full" alternate songs and not snippets and stuff.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
that subject line, lol

giphy.gif

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but don't expect too much. Nowhere near the quality of anything on the actual album.
Still, very cool to hear. It's a band rehearsing, trying stuff, snippets, loops, etc. You get a better sense of what the process is like and what needs to be done to get to a final product that is OK Computer.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Wow that is not what I was expecting them to do after having their archives leaked.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know who'd actually want to hear 18 hours of them trying out ideas, but it's cool they just said whatever.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but don't expect too much. Nowhere near the quality of anything on the actual album.
Still, very cool to hear. It's a band rehearsing, trying stuff, snippets, loops, etc. You get a better sense of what the process is like and what needs to be done to get to a final product that is OK Computer.

I dunno. Couple of those versions of Lift are definitely better than Fitter Happier

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the Bandcamp stream this music wasn't worth being free or the £18 but it's always nice seeing an extortionist getting played.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Lol, they'll probably end up making more money off this themselves than what the hacker wanted.
It's all going to charity.
Classy as fuck move.

Lots of great live performances, the superior studio version of Lift, and some sick jams.
Also rough full band versions of True Love Waits and Motion Picture Soundtrack. Worth the purchase.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Yeah, I mean, the charity is gonna get more money than what the hacker demanded.

And going through someone of it, roughness aside, there's good stuff on there that didn't make the album at all - kinda like a in-between Bends/OkC feel to the stuff.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
And going through someone of it, roughness aside, there's good stuff on there that didn't make the album at all - kinda like a in-between Bends/OkC feel to the stuff.
Spot on, I think they specifically dropped material that sounded too Bends-y, which was probably for the best. This documents the missing link between the two albums in a way :)
The artwork has track titles (in Thom's awful handwriting though), I'm hyped to finally find out what that awesome dark rocking track on discs 7 and 9 is called (it follows the Karma Police rehearsal on 7, and after Last Flowers on 9).

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, imagine being that pathetic. Good on Radiohead for making that classy move

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I really dig the full band True Love Waits on disc 1 tbh. I think they were right to sit on the song as long as they did - the AMSP arrangement is beautiful and having it close out that album is a perfect last note. But I like how funky this version is.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Very cool of them, that's what I would've done if it was me who got hacked. I'm sure someone will make a nice compilation of the interesting bits. They could've sold parts of this easily.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Great move by Radiohead.

Hacker is probably feeling like shit right now with his now worthless mp3s.

Will buy later, will be a curious insight into music making process.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Spot on, I think they specifically dropped material that sounded too Bends-y, which was probably for the best. This documents the missing link between the two albums in a way :)
The artwork has track titles (in Thom's awful handwriting though), I'm hyped to finally find out what that awesome dark rocking track on discs 7 and 9 is called (it follows the Karma Police rehearsal on 7, and after Last Flowers on 9).
Looks like it's called I NEED A JOB.

Ryder9

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2018
nice marketing setup with the whole "hacked" thing, gotta get noticed somehow

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome gesture. Man I can't believe the whole In Rainbows pay what you want deal was nearly 12 years ago o_O