• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018

The QuakeCon 2018 Keynote brought us a delight of new RAGE 2 footage. It's got everything. A big, beautiful, seamless open world. Explosions. Vehicle combat. Explosions. Sick powers. Explosions. In addition to providing an extended look at the world of RAGE 2 (have we mentioned explosions yet?), the QuakeCon footage also showed off the game's massive and monstrous convoys for the first time.

Rage 2 comes out in Spring 2019

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
They should not have put this out on the same day as that Doom footage. It looks fine, but unspectacular.

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
They should not have put this out on the same day as that Doom footage. It looks fine, but unspectacular.

Indeed.

I am not gonna lie. I found it by accident.

This game suffered from the leak that forced them to reveal it early and now this. Hopefully it won't be another Wolfenstein 2 situation for Betheseda

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think it looks like it could be fun. The Doom Eternal reveal really did deflate a lot of the hype I would have had though but that's why you release the two six months apart.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Love the first game, but this one i'm not feeling it (after watching doom probably didn't help...)

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The fov and shooting feedback just looks bad tbh. Really looks like a first person mod to a good 3rd person shooter

Pastebutty

Oct 29, 2017
This looks loads of fun. I'm glad the convoys from Mad Max are in it, they were my favourite bit of that game but I didn't feel like there were enough of them.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah!!! Just played the original Rage over a month ago and definitely want more especially with Avalanche Studios developing the open world and car combat in the game. Can't wait!!!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this was Mad Max game at one point. There are even some landmarks that are almost identical to Mad Max ones.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
FYI, pretty much all of this content was made available to press behind closed doors at E3. As a result, we didn't write it up. My guess is, QuakeCon attendees will play the exact same build. The only slightly new thing was that brief driving sequence, which--far as I'm concerned--looked pretty ho-hum, in terms of driving in straight lines and having weapons apparently auto-target foes ahead. (But we didn't get to play that at E3, and I doubt that'll change for QuakeCon attendees.)

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Gunplay looks unsatisfying despite their attempts to sugar it up with all the stylistic pop. Vehicle play looks solid however.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
This game and the new Doom are like an fps gamer's dream come true! This generation just keeps getting better and better. What great times we live in as gamers. Day one titles for me

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Looks crazy and visually pretty. For every piece of video they pratically convinces me this is the game I should get. The car mechanics were my worries last time, but now I'm impressed.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame they don't using id tech engine. So far so good at this point.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Look insanely fun. But the jumping looks weird... like there's some low-gravity stuff going on. Too much mid-air control for my taste.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
It doesn't seem like the actual game completely lines up with the wacky, colored smoke, Andrew WK tone of the trailers, but even so, it looks good.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Indeed.

I am not gonna lie. I found it by accident.

This game suffered from the leak that forced them to reveal it early and now this. Hopefully it won't be another Wolfenstein 2 situation for Betheseda

The reveal didn't seem forced...it was fine? Companies are trying to take up that gap leading up to E3 with announcements now rather than saving it all for the stage where it can get overshadowed. You're also calling Pete Hines a liar since he quite clearly explained that the leak didn't change their plans lol

Also that leak wasn't as great as people made it out to be, other than for a few confirmations. Everything was already hinted at or known as a reputable rumor/previous leak (including Splinter Cell via Amazon), and none of the new IPs were part of it.

Agent Matt

Oct 31, 2017
This looks great. I am really digging the more "fun" tone they have going. Hopefully the ID/Avalanche team-up results in smooth gun play and lots of open world shenanigans.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking what I'm seeing. Seems like they took pick and choose the best elements from both the Mad Max game and the first Rage and combined them into one far more interesting whole. I'm liking what I'm seeing especially the far improved vehicle combat and the on foots section seemed to echo the feel of the originals gunplay. I'm looking forward to this and as long as they can make in more varied and nuanced than the first game without such a lackluster ending I think this could be a great sequel.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Gunplay is god-tier

Gunplay looks unsatisfying despite their attempts to sugar it up with all the stylistic pop. Vehicle play looks solid however.

OblongRecklessHuman-max-1mb.gif

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Really like what I'm seeing, the car combat looks great, the gunplay is superb, and the world seems beautiful. Good job Avalanche/iD

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks great but once again Bethesda marketing shot themselves in the foot by showing this right before the Doom footage everyone was dying to see so now it gets all the attention.

It's a shame because this looks like it'll be another very solid and fun game but what can you do about it? Just buy the stuff that looks good and hope they one day learn how to market something properly.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like that the tusken raider female and the goon squad female had the exact same animation.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like alot of fun, though the video seems to be just an extended cut of the E3 stuff

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see the doctor there. Weapons looks very good even without the id tech used in the old Rage. Hope they post more gameplays.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Something about the gunplay looks off. I think it is the FOV as another poster mentioned.

Regardless, Avalanche's Mad Max game was bland and nothing we've seen so far makes me feel any different about Rage 2.