Day one baby

Loved Mad Max's car combat and the shooting looks stellar

Will be a nice break from the more serious apocalypse open world of Days Gone

The main Avalanche team have never really disappointed

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Waiting for reviews and impressions. If it has any sort of "Get rage points to progress" or "Take over this area to progress" i'm out.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited, looks like the kind of a shooter I really want to play right now after JC4 turned out to be a disappointment

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Game looks great, but I am waiting for reviews to validate the hype.

Like, I'm totally interested and ready to give it a day 1 purchase if reviews come back and validate that it's as positive as it looks. And I'm not guessing or expecting GOTY-contender quality from the game, I just want to know 1) if the PS4 Pro version maintains a rock solid 60fps performance and 2) if the game favorably compares to recent Far Cry games in its moment-to-moment. A 7/10 quality with solid PS4 Pro performance is really the baseline I'm wanting from it to give it a full priced purchase.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely looks dope, but I'm not really looking to drop $60 for a game right now. I'll get it later on though hopefully on a brand new PC :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to playing this later. Sadly the Steam version is exclusive to Steam store (all other stores sell keys for the terrible bethesda.net launcher) so I will wait for a sale on Steam. Not excited enough to pay 60 euros for it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting but Avalanche has been hit or miss for me recently. Will wait for reviews.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Had a lot of fun when I played the original last winter, so planning to pick this up.

I'll probably wait till the winter holidays though to grab it. I'm still not done with Sekiro, and there's a bunch of games I want to play this year.

Deleted member 5398

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day one, loved the first and the sequel looks better in every way. The preview videos where really good.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Day 0! Already pre-ordered and waiting for next week. Releases alongside A Plagues Tale: Innocence which I also have pre-ordered. Just need to decide what I'm playing first.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Day -1, if I can bribe someone with a drink or four next weekend. :p

Oct 27, 2017
60 fps on console hype. I wish the console holders gave an actual shit about framerate instead of just pulling the FOV way in and going, "LOOK AT OUR GRAPHICS!".

Mazinger

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
No hype
Looks like Bulletstorm without the scoring system to provide you with an incentive to go out of your way to do all the cool shit that's possible. The marketing material seems to really scream "look at all this cool shit you can do in RAGE 2" but all it does is leave me thinking "why would I bother if simply killing enemies the straightforward way will also be the most optimal and fastest way?"
I saw some of the footage where they showed off the Gravity Dart Launcher in debug mode and it looked like a toy that'd be fun for an hour before you get tired of it and never touch it again. The fact that all abilities are locked behind cooldowns also looks like it'll hamper how creative you can get with them.

I'm only interested because they showed off some enemies and gameplay elements that make it look like it isn't your regular generic retro old-school shooter throwback or cinematic corridor shooter, but the hamfisted inclusion of open world, crafting, vehicle combat, seems like this game will be little more than a generic powertrip hitscan shooter But With Superpowers, reminiscent of that brief period of time in 2010 where developers had no idea how to execute FPS games properly anymore and decided to shove in some superpowers to see if it will stick

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
might be my game of the year in one of the best gaming years for me in recent history.
the gameplay just looks incredible and i think id and avalanche might be the perfect team for an open world shooter.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good time to release it. If there were more games coming out right now, I wouldn't care as much, but I am hyped.

A sequel to one of the more disappointing games I've played from the developer of one of the most generic open world games I've ever played wasn't something I was asking for, but it looks really good, considering.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm hyped, but going to wait for reviews to drop. I'm currently playing Days Gone so that should hold me over for a while

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No hype
Looks like Bulletstorm without the scoring system to provide you with an incentive to go out of your way to do all the cool shit that's possible. The marketing material seems to really scream "look at all this cool shit you can do in RAGE 2" but all it does is leave me thinking "why would I bother if simply killing enemies the straightforward way will also be the most optimal and fastest way?"
I saw some of the footage where they showed off the Gravity Dart Launcher in debug mode and it looked like a toy that'd be fun for an hour before you get tired of it and never touch it again. The fact that all abilities are locked behind cooldowns also looks like it'll hamper how creative you can get with them.

I'm only interested because they showed off some enemies and gameplay elements that make it look like it isn't your regular generic retro old-school shooter throwback or cinematic corridor shooter, but the hamfisted inclusion of open world, crafting, vehicle combat, seems like this game will be little more than a generic powertrip hitscan shooter But With Superpowers, reminiscent of that brief period of time in 2010 where developers had no idea how to execute FPS games properly anymore and decided to shove in some superpowers to see if it will stick

Why would you bother doing the cool shit? Well, because...it's cool shit!

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If GMG or CDKeys sold steam or GOG version, I would already have it preordered, but since they force Bethesda Launcher, I will wait for reviews and probably some sale.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Ill be looking for a sale. That doesn't mean I'm not interested.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only footage I've seen is generic "take over the Outpost" stuff, so no hype here. I'll be looking at reviews.