Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Depends on how it's used, and DOOM's Megatextures are different and far better. I know DOOM 3 used Megatextures but was still moddable. All it comes down to is that it might be harder (custom maps can be a possibility because DOOM 3 allowed for that without megatextures). Plus, this might be something they have planned for future games and have yet to finish.

As for Rebellion working on this, people do realize Codemasters responded too, right? It's not uncommon for developers to respond like this. So it really means nothing. Honestly, I'd be more surprised if the independent developer (which I still highly doubt as there's way too much going against this idea) actually was allowed to respond. You know how Bethesda can be sometimes.

I quickly jumped on the Rebellion train, but the more I think about it, the more I think it is being developed internally by Id. Bethesda Softworks has done extremely little work with outside developers since the spending spree of Id, Arkane, Tango, and MachineGames. Certainly nothing on the AAA level. Additionally, making Rage 2 instead of a DOOM sequel would be extremely low on the list of fiscally bizarre decisions made by Bethesda Softworks.

All I know is that we need more of that Id Tech 6 goodness. DOOM and Wolfenstein TNC are easily the smoothest-running games on my PC.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Id Software is most likely working on Doom 2 and Rebellion is finishing up Strange Brigade but a perfect studio to work on Rage 2 would be Avalanche. Specifically, the studio that developed Mad Max. FPS post-apocalyptic open world developed by Avalanche? Hell yeah!!! Just imagine all the explosions and fire effects!!! Oh boy oh boy!!! Really hoping that if it's not Id Software developing the game that it's Avalanche as I would easily prefer them over Rebellion.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube already doing ads?

WtFEQL8.jpg

Last edited:

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it will be a near complete reboot like the original prey 2.

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw the teaser trailer before the thread was deleted here. I guess it got pulled because the trailer isn't official yet, but if you browse the internet, you'll find it easy enough. Anyway...

Looks like some middle aged "consultants" were asked what kids found "cool" these days and this is the result.

Dreadful and cringey. If this is even 10% indicative of what the actual game is about, then I'm out before I was even in.