IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://x.com/watchwithneebz/status/1794168090856685797
I see the fancastings! On good days, they're wonderful when your mental health is good and you see people fancast you and they're like "Oh my god, you should be!"... until Pedro Pascal was announced.. Yeah, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it you know -- I didn't.. --- I nearly said something I shouldn't have said there. I didn't get it but on good days, I see the Constantine ones flare up again. I love all of them. On good days, you're like man you're wanted. How cool is that? You're the guy that gets shout out for anything. On bad days, it's a reminder that you're just not... the guy and you're not there. And these are the roles you'll never get. It's sweet, it's all perspective, it's all how you feel about yourself.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He was my dream casting for that, though I mostly just really like the guy. If you follow him on socials, be warned, he has kind of an acerbic wit.

Constant rejections have to take a heavy toll for a lot of actors.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
He would have been really good in the role! Though it doesn't really surprise me that they wanted someone more bankable for the lead

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
you will get your chance, Rahul. you are one talented actor!

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
He was only 2 out of 3.

08eddd9ec123d33b30702b4e2d9ab18c.gif

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
That's some bullshit, Rahul Kohli would have been great. Unfortunate for him he's less well known than Pedro Pascal.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I loved him as Fahz in Gears and ever since then I wish WB would pick him up for Constantine. He's also hilarious as Scarecrow in the Harley show.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Maybe it's for the best considering how shit Marvel movies have been lately. If F4 is a failure, it could ruin Kohli's chance to break into the mainstream like he deserves but Pascal would be fine.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
That would be amazing. I really enjoy Rahul in everything he's in

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Dude is amazing in Midnight Mass, so I would be down to see him as RR. Wish Marvel would stop with the gimmicky famous actor casting though.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I loved him as Fahz in Gears and ever since then I wish WB would pick him up for Constantine. He's also hilarious as Scarecrow in the Harley show.

pretty sure if Marvel got him to audition for Mr Fantastic then if should Gunn do Constantine in his DCU, he is for sure gonna get called up to audition at least. I hope he actually even gets the part, I can see him pulling off Constantine so well.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Only ever seen him in Midnight Mass and Funhaus stuff but he seems awesome. Probably would've killed in the role. Pedro is definitely more marketable though and will likely do just as good.

Feb 16, 2022
He was my #1 preferred Reed, that's for sure. Dude's talented and charismatic, it should only be a matter of time until either Marvel or DC scooped him up if they know what they're doing.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
Ah shit, I think he would've been a better pick than Pedro. It's too bad that he really can't seem to level up, he's incredibly talented.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He fits my mental vibe of Reed better than Pedro. Hopefully they can find him another role somewhere (not one of the TV shows).

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I would've preferred Kohli, but I'm not entirely surprised he lost Pedro. Dude's everywhere.

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
He'd be an INCREDIBLE Constantine, so even though he was in my top 3 Reed choices, maybe a blessing in disguise he didn't get it.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, that would have been a killer casting. I didn't even know I wanted that until now.

As a south Indian myself, the idea of a south Indian Reed is something I never considered, but really want now lol.

Especially after reading about Srinivasa Ramanujan.

I was like, I never heard of that actor.

LOL

Dude's a fucking legend

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sadly marvel is not in a position to make such bold casting choices for characters as important as the Fantastic Four

but it would have been AWESOME

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rahul Kohliis like super dreamy and I hate that I know him most from iZombie lol
He would have been such a great choice.

I love Pascal, but it does get tiring when big star casting can easily nab so many major roles.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I would've liked him in the role more than Pascal. I can't look at Pedro and see Mr. Fantastic, I just see all of his other parts.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i get it, i would lose at absolutely every single thing against pedro pascal tbh

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think Rahul would have been great — honestly a better choice than Pedro Pascal. I know the Pascal is white hot right now and that's part of the reason they got him, but I think Rahul being younger than Pascal makes him a more interestig choice.

All that said, I do love that Marvel always had Reed in mind as a person of color —I believe Diego Luna was also in the running for Reed. It seems like they're presenting Reed and Sue as a 1960s interracial couple in the vein of Lucille Ball and Ricky Ricardo — but as a superhero couple. So that's cool.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The last thing I saw him in was iZombie and he was funny as hell. I hope he gets a big role, would mean a lot for a South Asian dude.