• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to add ops that counter the current trap meta. Siege has almost lost those clutch exhilarating moments that made it so great because of all the traps.

Thatcher, Twitch, Fuze, Grenades, IQ, new DLC operator (can activate loud noise on all defender traps).

There's still a lot of ways. And people need to also employ operators like Blitz and Montagne who can tank damage.

I agree the traps are annoying and numerous, but I think most of the fault is on Ela, as she's flat out overpowered and picked every round. Her traps really need a short trigger timer because its impossible to avoid her traps on certain angles, and her ability to slow movement is bullshit.

Like, if anyone deserves that, its Echo's Yokai drone since it's absolutely much more difficult to use than Ela's traps.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Droning does wonders to figure what traps are where(can even see the lesions a bit better). Also just think of where traps can be and just read players and their possible choices. For example, frost on the enemy team but never saw where the three bear traps are? Drone to check? No drone? Okay then every vaultable action technically could have a frost trap, which is easily dealt with(like shooting down as you jump).

I don't feel like the trap meta is one that is super OP. Sure it's annoying, but you have to think of the opportunity cost since you have to give up someone who could be useful to bring kapkan or whomever.

Lesion? The longer the time hes alive the more lesions to expect. And most people will put them in obj doorways(fire to check if it makes sense). Kapkan? Check where he goes during prep, drone your optimal routes for them wherever....all that aside just assume there are some on obj doors.

ASIDE all that, this is why thatcher is signifcantly more relevant(before he would be traded off for twitch or whomever else). As of now I personally don't feel some big imbalance(ela nerf, kapkan buff, etc) and part of what gets me playing is exactly that and the fact that theres a solution to a lot of situations the new ops present. Mira is still arguebly the most impactful to the meta(before BB but he got nerfed crazy).

Unfortunately I had to stop playing as much. Needing to play other games and real world obligations had me delay this ranked season(also because castle, montag, caveria glitch) but I still managed to meet my goals and make diamond and comfortably so.

Can't sink more time in it currently(1000+hrs), the game will ultimately last me many more years though...

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I think the problem is this trap meta isn't very fun. Attackers can't get 3 roamers and then go into the objective. They have to spend another minute figuring out how to get around the unkillable ela mine because it's in a perfect position. I feel it just kills the tension when you have 15 seconds on the clock and it's a 1v1 and you have your movement restricted because the ela mine 10m away has decided you're in it's range. Maybe I wouldn't hate Ela as much if she had a smaller clip size (she doesn't need 50 bullets if she's got a pistol with a sight on it) or the concussion mine range felt more consistent or the effect was reduced by like 5 seconds.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played this game in a while. Trap meta did kinda of sour me on it. When's new content supposed to drop?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Thatcher, Twitch, Fuze, Grenades, IQ, new DLC operator (can activate loud noise on all defender traps).

There's still a lot of ways. And people need to also employ operators like Blitz and Montagne who can tank damage.

I agree the traps are annoying and numerous, but I think most of the fault is on Ela, as she's flat out overpowered and picked every round. Her traps really need a short trigger timer because its impossible to avoid her traps on certain angles, and her ability to slow movement is bullshit.

Like, if anyone deserves that, its Echo's Yokai drone since it's absolutely much more difficult to use than Ela's traps.

The Yokai drone has the balance of not being a 'fire and forget' style of trap while with the others can just coat a room in traps and stand somewhere else.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The Yokai drone has the balance of not being a 'fire and forget' style of trap while with the others can just coat a room in traps and stand somewhere else.

Yeah but he is very situational and vulnerable

Yokai drone is fairly easy to spot and hear, especially if you travel in groups and there is only one drone

Cant even jump obstacles or stick to some surfaces

Idk how Ela gets the stronger stuns over echo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah in paper the Yokai is cool but it wore off its novelty quick after everyone knew how to counter it. They should lengthen the duration of the stun and make spotting with it possible, at least in the stationary mode.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have only been playing a couple of months but I am hyped for this new DLC, I have not had the chance yet to play a new DLC/MAP on release yet.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Survey

Interesting

Could be?

Leak new operator

6agfl89s57xz.jpg

YWgHAV4.jpg

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

I agree the AoE I'm Ela's trap is huge, you can throw it on the ceiling and it'd still go off and affect the player. There doesn't seem to be a difference in intensity depending on the distance between you and the explosion. Plus it goes off instantly which is annoying too.

Still her biggest issue is the clip size on her gun, it's too big for a gun like that.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I agree the AoE I'm Ela's trap is huge, you can throw it on the ceiling and it'd still go off and affect the player. There doesn't seem to be a difference in intensity depending on the distance between you and the explosion. Plus it goes off instantly which is annoying too.

Still her biggest issue is the clip size on her gun, it's too big for a gun like that.

It also hits you through walls and floors. I've had situations where I'm a floor above the Ela trap and it detonates. I think the stun is fine, but they should tweak the radius and duration period.

Oct 27, 2017
Im starting to think new operators were made op intentional. I would like to know if the devs even playtest themselves extensively or just wait for the player data after the season got live to balance things.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The worst part of Ela's mine is being a defense anchor in the OBJ and she clogs up the windows/doors. Doesn't matter where you are in the room, as soon as an enemy triggers one you're gonna get hit too. So I absolutely agree with tuning the radius.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im starting to think new operators were made op intentional. I would like to know if the devs even playtest themselves extensively or just wait for the player data after the season got live to balance things.
Tbh I think they know most of the balance issues before they launch, but they keep them OP for 1 season to make them more attractive as purchases.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I think the best Defender is Smoke. :p

He got that awesome Pro league gear, a shotgun which kicks ass, and that SMG side-arm is the highest DPS in game. :o Oh and he can fug up shield bois with his gas.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Who is the best defender and why is it Tachanka? Discuss

There's actually a few good spots to Chank on Border. If you barricade the walls to workshop nobody can flank you into the bathroom and you've got a nice little corridor of death connecting Tellers and Workshop. You can be that guy and put the LMG in the window facing out onto the car park spawn on Bank. I used to setup in the luggage hold on Plane too until someone took that map out of rotation >:(

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of organising a custom game sometime this week, possibly this saturday. What say you guys? Platform depends on where ever we can get 10 people first.

If you want in then just mention me with an @ and say PS4, Xbox or PC

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm hoping there's a good deal on both season passes during the Xbox Black Friday sale because I just started playing and all the new operators seem awesome but so far out of reach in terms of renown required.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
So Siege was nominated for "Best Ongoing Game" at hashtag The Game Awards. You can do your part by being a good fangirl/boy and voting!

---

I don't put a lot of stock in TGAs, but I have to say that I don't at all see how PUBG and Destiny 2 are fair fellow nominees. Warframe, Overwatch, and GTA:O, yes, of course—that's a real conversation.

Who do I think actually deserves it? Siege or Warframe. I'll accept Overwatch. GTA can bite my butt. PUBG and D2 should be disqualified from this category.