• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
oXSgx1B.png

Year 4 Roadmap

Season 1 - Burnt Horizon
Australian operators, new map

Season 2
  • Denmark & US operators
Season 3
  • Peru & Mexico operators
Season 4
  • Kenya & India operators
Reworks
Operators
  • Lion
  • Dokkaebi
Maps
  • Kanal
  • Kafe
  • Theme Park
Highlights:
- Operator renown and R6 credits pricing is changing, older operators are cheaper, Year 1 operators are only 10K renown, Year 2 15K, Year 3 20K, Year 4 25K
- Reverse friendly fire being implemented (persistent TKing means shooting a teammate hurts yourself)
- Casual is introducing 3.5 min timer and defender location (still random? but it is shown to defenders prior to operator selection)
- Ranked coming out of beta, keeping the pick/ban from the recent event
- New event coming with each season (e.g. Outbreak, Halloween)
- Kafe will have new balcony on third floor, staircase from 1st to second floor moved
- Kanal will have tunnel connecting both buildings
- Devs recognize half of Theme Park is dark and confusing, train platform has too many places to hide, will address these and more
- Lion rework no longer highlights people, timing changed (less warning, less active time?)
- Glaze's thermal sight only activates if he's been standing still for a bit or if a target moves?
- Deployable shield is being reworked, no longer leaves gaps between doors (!!!) and has tiny bulletproof slits (like a tiny Mira)
- Mute jammers will hang up Dokkaebi calls, and your HUD shows a blue jammer icon when you're in range of one, and Dokkaebi calls will hang up automatically after ~18s (bullshit, imo, as a Dokkaebi player)
- Capitao gadget getting proper fire propagation, meant to be area denial
- Lean spam being addressed. Players still look kind of twitchy, but their head is largely in the same place. They say it's the first version of the fix and will be continuing to be address it.
- Ash losing her ACOG (this, Dokkaebi, Capitao have already been shown off in the Year 4 patch notes which are on the official blog)
- Newcomer playlist for level <50 (which I think is still like 200 hours of play or something absurd); bomb only and three new maps

Panel is over. They talked about some eSports stuff at the end, but this is most of it.

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly fire hurting yourself seems like a weird change. What if I run in front of my teammate while they are shooting?

OP
OP
Miker

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Only one new map? That's ugh... low.

The theme of the whole year seems to be more quality of life stuff in general, which I think is a good move in a game moving into its fourth year. Between the reworks and the new operator pricing, they're aiming to make the game more approachable for new players.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good but for fuck's sake let me report players after they have left the game. So many times some ass teamkills somebody and immediately leaves the game so nobody can report them.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
From previous games or the current game, like if you already TK one person future shots hurt you?

I would imagine it's for repeat offenders across multiple games, but we don't know what they mean by persistent exactly.

EDIT: unless they've explained it in more detail somewhere.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Siege already has more than enough maps to feel varied, so I'm perfectly fine with adding only one map and adding maps to the ranked pool. That and the pick and ban system might get me to start playing Ranked again.

Still, the casual changes were very much needed.

OP
OP
Miker

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine it's for repeat offenders across multiple games, but we don't know what they mean by persistent exactly.

EDIT: unless they've explained it in more detail somewhere.

In the clip they showed, a first TK did normal damage and killed the teammate. Actually aiming at a second teammate and then shooting did damage to yourself.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Yeah, friendly fire working normally for the first TK and mirroring for the next is a decent solution. True accidental teamkills are probably just as often the teamkilled player's fault because they ignorantly stepped in front of someone playing an angle, opening a wall, or something along those lines. Consecutive teamkills are more certainly the intentional ones. I still feel a forgive/punish system is ideal.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Ash losing her Acog is bullshit and quite random. That'd make her the only attacker without an Acog, a feature that's pretty attacker specific outside of 3 armor defenders.

I get that people hate Ash but her win delta is fair really, and most players that play Ash as a quick fragger already don't use Acog. It's not going to do anything to stop people from getting annoyed by Ash, as she still has her speed and utility, the only thing that will is to make her head bigger.

So really I don't see how removing a distance engagement option that puts you at a disadvantage at close range is going to stop people from getting attacked by an operators that is known to rushe in and as such does close range engagements

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when Newcomer playlist is coming? It's getting tiring constantly playing against high levels when I'm still new.

Not a fan of some of those Dokk changes but I guess I'll live.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Ash losing her Acog is bullshit and quite random. That'd make her the only attacker without an Acog, a feature that's pretty attacker specific outside of 3 armor defenders.

I get that people hate Ash but her win delta is fair really, and most players that play Ash as a quick fragger already don't use Acog. It's not going to do anything to stop people from getting annoyed by Ash, as she still has her speed and utility, the only thing that will is to make her head bigger.

So really I don't see how removing a distance engagement option that puts you at a disadvantage at close range is going to stop people from getting attacked by an operators that is known to rushe in and as such does close range engagements
She is keeping an acog for the G36c.
Data showed the R4c is chosen 99.9% of thr time so they are changing it up a bit

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Someday they will add a chilean operator, someday.

Have they addressed the crouch spam?

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017

She still has her ACOG on other guns

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds preeetty good to me so far. Gonna have to start playing again when the new season starts off.

A bit disappointed by one map this year, but I'm cool with reworks.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal

You're not wrong. Though it's a choice made more to make the G36C appealing than nerf Ash overall, no? That's what the "Designer's Notes" seem to say.

I think if we're changing Ash's kit and addressing the competitive pointlessness of the G36C a better solution would be simply removing it and giving her the M104 shotgun instead. That would be fun, scary, and annoying, but I mean, it wouldn't be unbalanced. It's a shotgun on attack. And you'd probably see it used from time to time in interesting high level strats, as opposed to seeing the G36C almost never.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please dont fuck up Kafe, Kanal and Theme park. I know these maps have some issues but the Hereford remake has made me question having trust in Ubisoft's ability to "redo" maps.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
She is keeping an acog for the G36c.
Data showed the R4c is chosen 99.9% of thr time so they are changing it up a bit
Well it's cause it's the better gun, the G36c has nothing except recoil for an advantage. And it tells you something about how poor the weapon is in comparison that people pick the R4C, a gun with worse recoil, and use Acog with it even though using an Acog in itself further makes the recoil even more jumpier.

If anything they should buff the G36c

OP
OP
Miker

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Please dont fuck up Kafe, Kanal and Theme park. I know these maps have some issues but the Hereford remake has made me question having trust in Ubisoft's ability to "redo" maps.

Judging from the footage, it'll be more like Club House's rework (art assets and small tweaks) rather than a full-blown New Hereford. Theme Park may have pretty substantial changes though because they realize the map is just not great to begin with.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong. Though it's a choice made more to make the G36C appealing than nerf Ash overall, no? That's what the "Designer's Notes" seem to say.

I think if we're changing Ash's kit and addressing the competitive pointlessness of the G36C a better solution would be simply removing it and giving her the M104 shotgun instead. That would be fun, scary, and annoying, but I mean, it wouldn't be unbalanced. It's a shotgun on attack. And you'd probably see it used from time to time in interesting high level strats, as opposed to seeing the G36C almost never.
Yep as I said above. The G36c is just a bad gun, and it'll remain a bad gun. Even more so considering they aren't making the R4C "worse" (which in itself is a bad way to make the G36c more attractive). Straight up bugging the G36c would be a better option.

Chrust

Mar 30, 2018
Really like the changes in Casual. Attackers can pick spawn point too.
I really hope that Mexican Op curses in spanish all the time like I do.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Her R4-C has a 99% pick rate. It's more about getting people to think about the other gun.

They've also said they are looking at not giving every attacker an ACOG.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I still should give this game another try, but hey, Mexican operator! Un paisano!

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Some good QOL changes but I would've liked another new map for H2 of the year. The Hereford remake is absolutely awful, so I'll take each with a pinch of salt. Agree that in theory the game has enough variety in the current map pool, especially with the number of unused maps which could become core parts of Ranked play - with the right tweaks.

Have yet to play Pick & Ban so looking forward to learning it during the next Ranked season.

OP
OP
Miker

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Panel is finished. As a long-time player since a few months after launch, I'm not disappointed about the lack of brand-new content. As I said above, it's an old game - positive ancient by modern shooter standards - and I think they're doing the right thing by reworking existing content and improving the experience for new players. If anything, I wish Burnt Horizon with its completely new content would come later in the year to keep things fresh, but I also understand that it's probably not a great look to kick off a new year with a rework. The stuff they're reworking is impressive though - notably Lion, Glaz, and the new deployable shields.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Her R4-C has a 99% pick rate. It's more about getting people to think about the other gun.

They've also said they are looking at not giving every attacker an ACOG.
Like I said. Maybe start with not making G36C so shit that people pick the other gun despite the G36C having considerably superior stability