• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Here's the full quote, I had limited thread title space:
"And yeah, the second studio is growing, it is I think revelling in the fact no one knows who they are, no one is looking at what they're doing, they're just bonding as a team, they're doing some great stuff already, but it'll be a long time before we talk about what they're doing – and I think they're enjoying that ability at the moment."

He's talking about their second open world ARPG team they've been hiring for.

Full interview here, has stuff about Forza Horizon 4 and Playground Games: https://www.fullthrottlemedia.co.uk/article/forza-horizon-4-ralph-britain

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yeah.. I didn't expect to see "Fable IV" any time soon. Looking forward to seeing what they're cooking up!

Meh. You're kind of Forzing a joke there.
I didn't either. I made this thread because I saw many people (an alarming amount) predict that Fable will get a CG teaser at X018 in 7 days. This is pretty much confirmation that won't happen.

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn it.

Well, no Fable news anytime soon then. Wonder why Phil Spencer said that they would talk about it later. Which made it sound like it would be some other time this year.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Bummer...Really need that new Fable. With next-gen rumblings coming next year already, that does seem too soon. Microsoft just acquired all these studios. They could make a splash at the beginning of the next-gen...if it's farther out than 2019.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
They're just predictions, man. Have a little fun!
Not trying to kill hype, more that I think we should get the disappointment out of the way before X018 rather than have a full thread of complaining after X0.

There will undoubtedly be disappointment and lots of complaints but lowering expectations makes the disappointment a lesser degree.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Goddamn it.

Well, no Fable news anytime soon then. Wonder why Phil Spencer said that they would talk about it later. Which made it sound like it would be some other time this year.

Because Xbox Fans are just super thirsty right now lol

The excitement lf the acquisitions and positive news has some drunk a bit and rightfully so its fun to talk about it.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Bummer...Really need that new Fable. With next-gen rumblings coming next year already, that does seem too soon. Microsoft just acquired all these studios. They could make a splash at the beginning of the next-gen...if it's farther out than 2019.
All indications point to next-gen being 2020. But with how early Phil Spencer talked about it (E3 2018), I think we might be looking at Spring 2020. Fall 2020 doesn't make sense with the E3 2018 quote.

Nintendo Switch has proved you can be very successful with a Spring launch as long as you launch with one big first party game to back it up. I think it launches in Spring 2020 with Halo Infinite with PS5 also launching in Spring 2020 with Death Stranding and Uncharted (the one San Diego is rumored to be making). That's just my prediction though.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they're certainly not announcing any games that won't be available for current gen until the announcement of the next gen.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Understandable it is their first wrpg and a scarlett game. E3 2020 we will see it

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Makes sense, it just cements that the game isn't coming any time soon (a couple of years?), and there is no reason to hype a bad CG reveal of no substance. Props to them.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Good. This is better for developers. Anyone who's ever had to do anything creative in technology can tell you showing your ideas too early can paint you into unnecessary corners. Nothing good can come of it. A lot of bad.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the team working on the open world RPG. They have been working on that for some time, this new studio isn't even in pre production it sounds like.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Figured. Maybe at E3 2019 but even that feels like pushing it. E3 2020 would be my guess when it will be announced.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Despite this I still think we'll get a teaser/CG trailer at E3 2019, with a full gameplay reveal alongside the next-gen Xbox reveal.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean duh. Anyone who thought you'd see anything for this game anytime soon doesn't know how game development works.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I mean they could announce it at X0 and then everyone could complain about MS announcing games too early with CG teasers.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has been returning to Xbox a lot more lately thanks to X, this (even if expected) is why my PS4 will still get more use. Sony and Nintendo are stacked with first party while Microsoft is trying to rebuild.

I know it takes time, but that speaks to how blotched their early Xbox One years were (day one adopter here).

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought they may pull a Cyberpunk and announce it to help recruit developers to the studio, but that doesn't appear the case. Always knew it was a long ways off, but I remain excited to see what Playground does with an open world RPG!

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Then they must be working on it at least some with the racing team because they've been working on it for a little while.
Fulton did state that they are doing "some great stuff" whatever that means. An action RPG doesn't build itself in a day, so it's expected that it will take some time before they are ready to reveal it.

Guerilla Games began development on Horizon ZD in 2011, for instance. They didn't reveal the game until 2015.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hope they take their time to make something truly great. I'd love to get another Fable 2-style game with player movement enhancements (like in the otherwise dreadful Fable 3) and improved combat plus whatever neat stuff they want to layer on top. I want a fantastic world to be engrossed in just like in Fable 2; that kind of game could blow up on social media and make a killing.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
I have a good feeling about this, playing some Fable anniversary recently and I think the new entry can be something great

Looking at the job listings and such, this should be pretty close to full production start of 2019?

This is a better result than Lionhead making it imo