Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between his sister, the invader in his closet that makes an exception for him, wanting to reform the Ranger/get along with invaders, and not being liked by his peers due to his beliefs, Hibiki was basically the protagonist of his own story before D showed up.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Between his sister, the invader in his closet that makes an exception for him, wanting to reform the Ranger/get along with invaders, and not being liked by his peers due to his beliefs, Hibiki was basically the protagonist of his own story before D showed up.
It's very much like "If the readers/audience don't like this D fellow, I have a whole new MC cooking in the background."

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It really gave us a feel for what the main character can do that is actually valuable.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I didn't think that the exam was going to be lethal, truck-kun scared the shit out of me. Aww, Tokita survived, that's unfortunate.

D baiting Shion into listening to him by saying the opposite thing was great, reminds me of a scene from Community lol.

Bizarre choice to leave a cliffhanger, roll the credits and then finish the episode immediately after, that was weird.

Stuff is moving too fast, ughh, I wish this was a 24 episode season so it could get the time to flesh everything out.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that that cliffhanger that wasn't a cliffhanger was specifically the studio trolling. It worked, haha.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hilariously intense episode, the power scaling of this show continues to be so amusing, like where the hell did these people learn to get so strong from? Does something/someone actually grant them their power, or can anyone naturally become that strong? Normally I'd just completely roll with it in any other anime, but it being based on super sentai stuff where the squadron leaders all got their own suits and divine weapons just make me extra curious

Like the #2s of each squad is already one thing, but even someone like Tokita is out here denting cars and shit, like jesus

I don't even know if Suzukiri either dodged the truck or straight up tanked it, but either way it was still scary impressive.

Stuff is moving too fast, ughh, I wish this was a 24 episode season so it could get the time to flesh everything out.

I read that it actually should be getting a 2nd cour apparently according to leaks? Guess we'll know in a few weeks

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Hilariously intense episode, the power scaling of this show continues to be so amusing, like where the hell did these people learn to get so strong from? Does something/someone actually grant them their power, or can anyone naturally become that strong? Normally I'd just completely roll with it in any other anime, but it being based on super sentai stuff where the squadron leaders all got their own suits and divine weapons just make me extra curious

Like the #2s of each squad is already one thing, but even someone like Tokita is out here denting cars and shit, like jesus

I don't even know if Suzukiri either dodged the truck or straight up tanked it, but either way it was still scary impressive.

I read that it actually should be getting a 2nd cour apparently according to leaks? Guess we'll know in a few weeks
I hope it does. This is one of my favs this season.

Now you got me wondering, why tf are these dudes so strong for real lol

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Episode 07
I'm a dummy. Earlier I wondered if the colorless rangers were going to be important or not but they're plastered all over the OP. Angel obviously stands out with her eyes.

"It's alright for me to betray you, but if you betray me, you're guilty." LOL
Wasn't expecting the angel to still be alive, wonder what happened between him and blue.

It feels like everything is moving too fast. I can tell that the adaptation has a lot of love behind it but it doesn't feel things are getting the time to cook. I think I'll start the manga sooner than later.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the anime wants to finish this arc in one season, so they're kinda rushing through the material, with some smaller details being cut. I'm ultimately fine with it since the later stuff deserves the time and focus more than this early stuff.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Yeah, the anime wants to finish this arc in one season, so they're kinda rushing through the material, with some smaller details being cut. I'm ultimately fine with it since the later stuff deserves the time and focus more than this early stuff.
Here's hoping that this adaptation off takes and it gets a second season then, with 24 episodes please

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

It feels like everything is moving too fast. I can tell that the adaptation has a lot of love behind it but it doesn't feel things are getting the time to cook. I think I'll start the manga sooner than later.

I super recommend reading it, it is honestly one of my favorite manga, probably ever! It's just that good lol.

The manga does also move fairly fast during this arc. From what I've seen so far (almost done with episode 7) they just cut a little fluff here or there. I think/hope there will be slightly more breathing room as we get into the final few episodes of the season, they definitely could benefit from it.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I super recommend reading it, it is honestly one of my favorite manga, probably ever! It's just that good lol.

The manga does also move fairly fast during this arc. From what I've seen so far (almost done with episode 7) they just cut a little fluff here or there. I think/hope there will be slightly more breathing room as we get into the final few episodes of the season, they definitely could benefit from it.
Already started it lol

12 episodes ain't enough for some shows

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
A real shame they couldn't get more episodes for this. The exam arc definitely could have used some speeding up, but this is too much

I think 12 episodes would be more manageable for a Season 2, assuming it ends where I'd like it to

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping that this adaptation off takes and it gets a second season then, with 24 episodes please
A second season is rumored, as a split cour, so hopefully that is true.

I just really want this to be a success and get more seasons. The worldwide Disney+ exclusivity hasn't been helping with viewership (the only Disney+ anime to be even remotely successful has been Bleach, which had plenty of fans beforehand) and the manga hasn't gotten a sales boost at all from the anime, which wasn't selling well to begin with.

I legit think that the series is still going due to the mangaka creating a very successful series before this one (Quintennial Quintuplets) and that series keeps printing money for Kodansha to this day.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Same goes for Kaiju n8

12 episodes will end right where the GREAT stuff begins, some will for sure go for the manga after it ends
Oh, Kaiju is def getting a second season, Crunchyroll has made sure that everyone knows about that show so it's mad popular.

I'm good waiting for a second season of that.
A second season is rumored, as a split cour, so hopefully that is true.

I just really want this to be a success and get more seasons. The worldwide Disney+ exclusivity hasn't been helping with viewership (the only Disney+ anime to be even remotely successful has been Bleach, which had plenty of fans beforehand) and the manga hasn't gotten a sales boost at all from the anime, which wasn't selling well to begin with.

I legit think that the series is still going due to the mangaka creating a very successful series before this one (Quintennial Quintuplets) and that series keeps printing money for Kodansha to this day.
Yeah, I'm not liking how Disney handles anime, they don't market it at all. Summertime Rendering would've exploded under a different service.

I could believe QQ is keeping this series afloat, I've heard of the manga sales for Ranger and I know a company Shueisha would've axed it a looong time ago