Which Rumiko Takahashi series do you like more

• Ranma 1/2

Votes: 248 72.9%
  • Inuyasha

Votes: 92 27.1%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha are among two of Rumiko Takahashi's most famous series. Between the two of them which one do you like more.

Ranma 1/2

MV5BMDQ0OGEwNDItNzVmZi00NGI0LTk3YWUtNmQzN2Y1YzYwY2NmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA5NjUyNjM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Inuyasha:

MV5BMGNmMWI4MGUtYmU0ZS00ZDkxLTgzMTAtZDU4YmQ1MDM3Y2IyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please please please please please... if you ever decide to watch or read Ranma 1/2, read the manga. It is so much better.

ceebs

Oct 28, 2017
The 2nd Ranma 1/2 movie is the first VHS I ever paid 60+ dollars for when it came out of that says something.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
They both have their ups and downs but Inuyasha becomes very repetitive with time.

So Ranma for me.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This.
But between the two I'm going to have to go with inuyasha just because I won't run into story focused on
BApFHG8.png

in Inuyasha.

Thought he was a horrible character back when I first watched Ranma like 15 years ago, and outright can't stand him or characters like him anymore.

Miroku has issues, but he has nothing on Happosai.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Inuyasha to me was rumiko "selling out". like, it wasn't bad but i got the vibe it wasn't a pure creative endeavor on her part

that said i revisited Ranma recently and it wasn't near as good as i remembered but still fun

Maison Ikkoku is just on a whole 'nother level

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
cover2.jpg

This

I also loved Urusei Yatsura

I re-read a few chapters recently and the slap stick holds up really well. I often love how the final panel usually devolves the story into chaos.

50643_14654022.jpg

015.jpg

And Beautiful Dreamer is a genuinely dope movie for a comedy series.
tumblr_o7r4k3SuO91rk2rdno1_540.gifv

The 2nd Ranma 1/2 movie is the first VHS I ever paid 60+ dollars for when it came out of that says something.

lol I remember the one Summer I started with buying the VHS OVA collection. Freaking loved it
original.png

I love Rumiko but I NEVER got around to Maison Ikkoku. What's the vibe with it? I saw the anime OP and thought it looked odd haha
But I've been looking to take another manga series on soon. Maybe it's time I caught up?

Ranma is great but I prefer something with a clear plot and end-goal. Ranma is basically the Simpsons but with a harem.
That's honestly a funny take haha

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is Maison ikkoku on streaming anywhere? My preference is UY over ranma (used to have a Lum avatar) but haven't seen MI

Oct 27, 2017
I re-read a few chapters recently and the slap stick holds up really well. I often love how the final panel usually devolves the story into chaos.

50643_14654022.jpg

015.jpg

And Beautiful Dreamer is a genuinely dope movie for a comedy series.
tumblr_o7r4k3SuO91rk2rdno1_540.gifv
Now you made me have a craving to revisit the series...

I gotta see if my dvds in storage still work

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This.
But between the two I'm going to have to go with inuyasha just because I won't run into story focused on
BApFHG8.png

in Inuyasha.

Thought he was a horrible character back when I first watched Ranma like 15 years ago, and outright can't stand him or characters like him anymore.

Is that a bra? What.

I forgot how crazy 80s anime was.

nutmeg

Apr 23, 2021
I love Rumiko but I NEVER got around to Maison Ikkoku. What's the vibe with it? I saw the anime OP and thought it looked odd haha
But I've been looking to take another manga series on soon. Maybe it's time I caught up?

MI is a pretty down to earth story revolving a dirt poor tenant of the apartment complex Maison Ikkoku. The tenant, Yusaku Godai, develops a crush on the landlord and finds himself in a sort of love triangle. It's 1980's romcom with a few quirky side characters and honest emotion. Really quite grounded compared to other stuff she's done.

I will say though that Ranma is Takahashi at the top of her artistic skills. It's really well drawn.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Never saw Inuyasha but I feel Ranma aged like milk and it's kinda problematic.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Maison Ikkoku by a landslide.

Between the two, and referring to anime adaptations, the first series of Ranma 1/2 (the first eighteen episodes, not the follow up series with the rest of it: Nettohen) is better than anything Inu Yasha. Some of the OVAs are pretty great too. The TV series declines after the start of the second season and really hits the dumps when fucking Happosai is introduced.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Neither are her best work. Inuyasha especially. Maison Ikkoku is solid though and people should check it out. Its a neat slice of life from the 80s.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
This.
BApFHG8.png

in Inuyasha.

For me is is the reverse, Happosai is terrible, but I don't ever forget that he is a villainous character whom is Ramna arch-nemesis. Miroku is a sexual assault machine but is also an alleged hero and that was always the tipping point for me, that this supposed good guy just groped a girl, again.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Loved Ranma as a kid, but was never interested in Inuyasha. I was today years old when I found out these were from the same author though? Wild.

nutmeg

Apr 23, 2021
This.
BApFHG8.png

in Inuyasha.

Honestly a bit disappointing that these characters came from a female creator.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Both are good, I'll always hold inuyasha more dear to me though.

the whimsical romance and lover back from the grave really did something to my emotions as a 12 year old.

Rumiko is so great because maison ikkoku is also a favorite of mine that I love.

Mesoian

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
Ranma 1/2. Easily. EASILY. The comedy is so much sharper.

Yes it's too bad about happosai and a lot of the sex comedy that doesn't really work anymore, but man...Ranma 1/2 is so good.

InuYasha recycles the same plot 5 times and gets mad when you guess the final ending.